Do you know when you did something you shouldn`t have ???

• Thread starter I asked LT to delete my acct
  • Start date
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I just watched the highlights of the Packer/ 49ers game last season. Oh God was that painful ?

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I just watched the highlights of the Packer/ 49ers game last season. Oh God was that painful ?

Unless you're a 9'ers fan, there WERE no lighlights, Bill. Just sayin' ... :) On the flip side of that coin, I'd guess it was a pretty short "watch" huh?

PackerFan71

Life on the Edge
Reaction score
Unless you're a 9'ers fan, there WERE no lighlights, Bill. Just sayin' ... :) On the flip side of that coin, I'd guess it was a pretty short "watch" huh?

I can only remember one weeds, the whiner 7s turnover right at the start of the game all too brief though. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
I

Ya got that right Weeds....lol I can`t believe we were THAT bad in that game.

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
That's what has me nervous about game one. I don't have much faith in Dandy Don right about now, especially considering the team had to go to "remedial run defense" camp in order to learn how to defend against the pistol formation. Yes or D finished 11th last season overall but we need them to be better than that and frankly I'm not sure Capers can take us there. McCarthy's loyalty to the man is a concern but all we can do is hope he proves us wrong.

It would be exquisite to come out of SF with a convincing win, especially one where the O fired on all cylinders and the D shut them down and forced Kaep to remain in the pocket.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Bill watching the game film...notice, I'm STILL not using the term highlights ... of that game was roughly the same as my son watching the Pack get throttled in Super Bowl 32. I recorded the game but could never bring myself to watch it again and recorded over the top of it. My son however, couldn't resist poking that hornet's nest and watched a recording of that game.

I always told him as he was growing up... "Son, just listen to me. I'll never lead you astray. You don't have to make the same mistakes I made. Listen to me and then, go out and make your own different mistakes." Did he listen?? Oh nooooo---oooooo-----ooooo .... he had to go and watch THAT game and then I had to listen to him **** and moan for a week about how he should have never watched that damned game. ;)

As for the 9'er playoff game; it would be so nice if I were able to dismiss that performance and that loss as being only one game where they came out and looked like a 2nd tier team. Unfortunately, the 9'ers did it twice last year. In Green Bay and in Frisco -- leaving little or no room for doubt.

That was however LAST year so I'm of the opinion that until the Pack prove otherwise, they are still a 2nd tier power in the NFL. I admit it, I'm a fan of a power running game and defense. The Pack's 11th rated defense (by points allowed) last year in my estimation was a mirror image of the pathetic 2011 defense, which incidentally finished 19th in points allowed, and by average, only gave up one point per game more than the 2012 Packer defense. I really wish that I could dismiss the Pack's performance against the 9'ers as an anomaly... but, I believe one of two things is true, and hopefully BOTH aren't true: 1) The 9'ers have considerably more talent cumulatively, or, 2). The Packers' coaching staff was sooooooooo out-coached in both games (and arguably the Seahawks fiasco as well), that time may have passed Dom by ...

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
................. or, 2). The Packers' coaching staff was sooooooooo out-coached in both games (and arguably the Seahawks fiasco as well), that time may have passed Dom by ...

This has been my feeling the past two seasons and until he creates a defense of 2010 caliber, it will remain that way. The Seattle fiasco struck me as a game they played to not lose. In that they succeeded until the one ref choked.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Yeah, never have seen the Vikings-Raiders Super Bowl game again. Don't want to. Or the Vikings-Chiefs. That one just ****** me off every time I see it.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well here's the thing about that:
#1- We were rolling, up 14-7 (our offense was cutting thru them like a hot knife thru butter), and we got a stop, forced a punt. Then this happened, a GIFT to the Niners:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

#2- DuJuan Harris ran well. But then we went away from it... all pass pass pass. Lost our balance, which had been effective.

#3- The Niners had luck all year long with injuries. We had the opposite of that. Odds are that changes. And it already has a little bit as Kaepernicks BY FAR favorite target Crabtree already has snapped his achilles and will miss most or all of the season.

#4- Our defense was totally clueless for some reason against the gimmick running of the skinny-legged, tatted up Kaepernick. We (should, if not hurt already) have Perry and Datone Jones now added to the defense, and they'll be hunting CK.
With the loss of Crabtree, hopefully the suspension of the violent drunk Ahmad Brooks already, the Niners track is not as clear as last year. They're lucky they didn't have to play Seattle in the playoffs last year.

I say the Niners have peaked already!!!
Odds are their lucky injury-smooth seasons are over for awhile.
Bowman or Willis are due for a season-ending ACL type injury.
They lost the Pro Bowler Dashon ACL-hunter Goldson at safety and think a mediocre rookie from LSU can fill those shoes.

I like Seattle in the NFC West!

OP
OP
I

Yeah, never have seen the Vikings-Raiders Super Bowl game again. Don't want to. Or the Vikings-Chiefs. That one just ****** me off every time I see it.
Sorry....I never even knew the Vikings GOT to a superbowl !! It must have passed me....lol ;)

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Now Bill, don't be teasing Raptor ... it's just not nice. I mean, someday...one day ... there will be a Minnesota Viking v. Buffalo Bills Super Bowl ... and it'll probably end up in a tie. Heh heh heh ...

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Now Bill, don't be teasing Raptor ... it's just not nice. I mean, someday...one day ... there will be a Minnesota Viking v. Buffalo Bills Super Bowl ... and it'll probably end up in a tie. Heh heh heh ...

You expect entropy to take that long? I better refill the cooler with more Blatz.

OP
OP
I

I`m ashamed of myself....:rolleyes:

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Well fortunately, that is one game that can't end up in a tie.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
There are several things I did when I was young and growing up in Appleton. I would discuss them but I don't know if the police ever closed the files or if the statute of limitations has run it's course. ;)

OP
OP
I

Like Hamm's or Old Style? I've been seen knocking back some PBR recently but draw the line at Schlitz and Point. I'll bypass all these for Leinis though.
Goose Island make some beautiful beers. I only had three buds a few years ago in Vegas, and had the hangover from hell !!!

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
There are several things I did when I was young and growing up in Appleton. I would discuss them but I don't know if the police ever closed the files or if the statute of limitations has run it's course. ;)

Well, I grew up in Brillion and since the flashing stop light on Highway 10 was the main attraction in the mid-70's, I ended up in Appleton on weekends...nothing quite like walking College Ave before the Mall opened out in Grand Chute. Man, I loved Appleton back then...not so much anymore.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Well fortunately, that is one game that can't end up in a tie.

With the aversion that those two teams have to winning that puppy ... I wouldn't rule it out. ;) ...or, it could end up being a marathon game resulting in the NFL season from that year running into the next season with no stoppage in play. Oh...yeah...I"ll shut the hell up.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Drank Old Style in high school. Never did Hamm's, PBR or Blatz.
In high school and there after, PBR and Old Style were the 2 main choices. Leinies was still local to the western side of the state, Miller and Bud cost more $$$, and Point was uncool. Except for their Bock Beer in the spring. Chief Oshkosh had recently lost his feather and Strohs was just starting to show up.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
In high school and there after, PBR and Old Style were the 2 main choices. Leinies was still local to the western side of the state, Miller and Bud cost more $$$, and Point was uncool. Except for their Bock Beer in the spring. Chief Oshkosh had recently lost his feather and Strohs was just starting to show up.
I went for Strohs big time. I remember I came home from college for winter break and went out to a bar that just put Strohs on tap. They had a special that night, .25 cent taps. I drank $5.50 worth and then drove home. Ended up puking it out in bed with my mother cleaning it up. Not a proud moment I tell you. But the car, well, you could have measured left to right in the driveway and it was perfectly centered. Only thing I remember about the drive home is being at the intersection of Meade and Wisconsin Ave, turning left and having a cop car pull up next to me in the lane to the right. Last time I got drunk and drove.

Members online

Latest posts