Do we make a move for Koren Robinson?

Robin Yount

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is an UFA. The only problem is that I have heard that a clause in his contract allows the Vikings to match any offer. We don't want to get into a tug of war with them and then get burned and pay too much.

hoos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also think Jacksonville is going to make a push to sign him. I read that Tice might try to lure him there.

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HEYYYY!!!!! Hands off!

He was about the only positive story we had on offense last year.

I could see Tice talking him into coming down there, as Tice was the first guy to take a chance on him.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vikefan said:
HEYYYY!!!!! Hands off!

He was about the only positive story we had on offense last year.

I could see Tice talking him into coming down there, as Tice was the first guy to take a chance on him.

Funny...coming from a fan of the team who tried to grab Kampman (or at the very least force the Packers into using a little more cap space to get him back) and getting Sharper to wear the purple!!! :wink:

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ND...you beat me to it. We should at least make him an offer that the vikes will have to match....if that is in his contract.

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see why he would want to sign with Green Bay. He has a much better shot at a starting job with the Vikings than he would with the Packers. Walker and Driver are going to be our starters. If Robinson came to Green Bay he would have to beat out Rod Gardner out of the #3 WR job. Robinson already turned down an offer from the Packers to go to the Vikings, and we offered him more money. I'd like to see Koren Robinson come to Green Bay, but I don't think it's going to happen.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
He had the chance to come here last year, he was offered more then what Minny was...But he decided to stick with them cuz they gave him a 2nd chance..

So who knows maybe going to Jax might be in his plans??

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
He had the chance to come here last year, he was offered more then what Minny was...But he decided to stick with them cuz they gave him a 2nd chance..

longtime, I don't get it...last year was his first in Minny so why did he decide to stick with them? They gave him a 2nd chance? We would have given him the same chance....maybe too much beer is affecting my brain cells after the SB...I don't get it.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
longtimefan said:

longtime, I don't get it...last year was his first in Minny so why did he decide to stick with them? They gave him a 2nd chance? We would have given him the same chance....maybe too much beer is affecting my brain cells after the SB...I don't get it.

From what I understand, they picked him up after he was released...When it looked like no one else would...

They then cut him and it was rumored it was a move to avoid paying him a bonus, but they were going to resign him with in a day or 2....That is when it came out the Pack offered him more money...

So I would guess he decided to stay with Minny because they signed him after he was let go, when other teams were concerned about his rehab issues.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
NDPackerFan said:
longtimefan said:

From what I understand, they picked him up after he was released...When it looked like no one else would...

They then cut him and it was rumored it was a move to avoid paying him a bonus, but they were going to resign him with in a day or 2....That is when it came out the Pack offered him more money...

So I would guess he decided to stay with Minny because they signed him after he was let go, when other teams were concerned about his rehab issues.

Thanks...I guess that scenario does ring a bell now that you mention it.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys, this is kind of a moot subject because big bucks Danny Snyder wants him. Koren is an east coast guy and probably wants to go home.

Why would we want him anyway, he is a 2 time offender on the chemical abuse list. Haven't we had enough of these players, or did everyone forget about Cheech Hunt and Smokin Joe Johnson.

I think TT made a good draft pick in Murphy last year but unfortunately he got hurt. Hopefully he can pluck another receiver from this year's draft.

Members online

Latest posts