1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Do we make a move for Koren Robinson?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Robin Yount, Feb 9, 2006.

1. Robin Yount

Robin Yount Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He is an UFA. The only problem is that I have heard that a clause in his contract allows the Vikings to match any offer. We don't want to get into a tug of war with them and then get burned and pay too much.

2. hoos

hoos Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I also think Jacksonville is going to make a push to sign him. I read that Tice might try to lure him there.

3. vikefan

vikefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    HEYYYY!!!!! Hands off!

He was about the only positive story we had on offense last year.

I could see Tice talking him into coming down there, as Tice was the first guy to take a chance on him.

4. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Funny...coming from a fan of the team who tried to grab Kampman (or at the very least force the Packers into using a little more cap space to get him back) and getting Sharper to wear the purple!!! :wink:

5. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    ND...you beat me to it. We should at least make him an offer that the vikes will have to match....if that is in his contract.

6. ahaug82

ahaug82 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't see why he would want to sign with Green Bay. He has a much better shot at a starting job with the Vikings than he would with the Packers. Walker and Driver are going to be our starters. If Robinson came to Green Bay he would have to beat out Rod Gardner out of the #3 WR job. Robinson already turned down an offer from the Packers to go to the Vikings, and we offered him more money. I'd like to see Koren Robinson come to Green Bay, but I don't think it's going to happen.

7. Chamuko

Chamuko Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    At least we can make the quennies pay for him !!!!!! As they make us pay for Kampman !!!!

8. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,483
    He had the chance to come here last year, he was offered more then what Minny was...But he decided to stick with them cuz they gave him a 2nd chance..

So who knows maybe going to Jax might be in his plans??

9. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    longtime, I don't get it...last year was his first in Minny so why did he decide to stick with them? They gave him a 2nd chance? We would have given him the same chance....maybe too much beer is affecting my brain cells after the SB...I don't get it.

10. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,483
    From what I understand, they picked him up after he was released...When it looked like no one else would...

They then cut him and it was rumored it was a move to avoid paying him a bonus, but they were going to resign him with in a day or 2....That is when it came out the Pack offered him more money...

So I would guess he decided to stay with Minny because they signed him after he was let go, when other teams were concerned about his rehab issues.

11. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks...I guess that scenario does ring a bell now that you mention it.

12. DakotaT

DakotaT Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Guys, this is kind of a moot subject because big bucks Danny Snyder wants him. Koren is an east coast guy and probably wants to go home.

Why would we want him anyway, he is a 2 time offender on the chemical abuse list. Haven't we had enough of these players, or did everyone forget about Cheech Hunt and Smokin Joe Johnson.

I think TT made a good draft pick in Murphy last year but unfortunately he got hurt. Hopefully he can pluck another receiver from this year's draft.

13. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Dakota........."CHEECH" Hunt! LOLOLOL!!! I LIKED that!!! :lol: