Do the Packers already have their SB rings?

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

they are Air Force Academy rings, NOT Super Bowl rings
They are not academy rings. Most Air Force pilots don't were rings when they fly.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score

well they aren't SB rings, as they are the Pilot's rings, not the players
Let's see, players say "Hey guys, want to take a picture with our rings on?" Pilots say, hell no.

Tell me. Would they post a picture of a couple of pilot wearing academy rings while holding onto the throttles of the aircraft.

Or, post a picture of a couple of pilots wearing Super Bowl rings. Which one is football oriented?

The academy rings win out for sure.

Packerstud

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well the Packers do NOT have their XLV rings yet.

And I cant tell what these are

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's see, players say "Hey guys, want to take a picture with our rings on?" Pilots say, hell no.

Tell me. Would they post a picture of a couple of pilot wearing academy rings while holding onto the throttles of the aircraft.

Or, post a picture of a couple of pilots wearing Super Bowl rings. Which one is football oriented?

The academy rings win out for sure.

I suggested that they COULD be academy rings earlier, not that they WERE their academy rings. They don't look like either the one. and are probably just random rings

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I know! I know! ******* Jack Rings!

The one on the left kinda looks like the Steelers from 2005. The one on the right? Wish we had one more picture of them. I say we just agree that know one really knows. That way we don't **** each other off more then we have to.

OP
OP
Chillarfan54

Chillarfan54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dang, I'm sorry i asked the question now. I didn't know asking it would spark this much of a debate. Oh well. Thanks for anyone who answered the question.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
They are not academy rings. Most Air Force pilots don't were rings when they fly.

Well I know they arent AF rings

From the story..

A handful of Packers players went overseas on a Navy MWR (Morale, Welfare and Recreation) trip, spending time with troops in the Middle East.

But even searching for that cant find anything close

Just a reminder

The rings as of the 13 still did not have a design for the Packers

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wait a minute, are they doing that Thursday night SB rematch next year? Wouldn't it be funny if they presented them with the rings then? The Steelers would just love that one!

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Here's my final take on it. Since we don't know who went, or do we? The one on the left looks like the Steelers ring form 05 to me, and the one on the right looks like the Packers from SBXXXI. (Henderson's ring, maybe)

Super Bowl 45 at NFL.com - Official Site of the National Football League

But I could be wrong.

I did find a little on some of the players.
Players on the trip include Jarrett Bush, Daryn Colledge, Derrick Martin, Nick McDonald, Frank Zombo and former player William Henderson. Assistant equipment manager Tom Bakken and head athletic trainer Pepper Burruss are also on the excursion.
http://blog.packers.com/2011/02/14/packers-visit-troops-in-the-middle-east/

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For a Vikings fan whose team has never won even one SB, you seem pretty obsessed that those could be Packers rings. Strange.

And what part do you not get that the SB 45 rings have yet to be designed? That means that the drawing board has not even been touched yet.

Go back and take a really really really good look at pic 4. Are you blind? If not, then come back here and report what you see.
Whose hands are those rings on? A football player or military personal? I want an answer. Which one?
And I don't want any "Well it could be blah blah blah."
No.
It's black and white.
It's cut and dry.
It's clear as day.
Which one?
Military or football player?
(If anyone else wants to answer, feel free to do so. What do you see?)
The proof is right there who those rings belong to.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dang, I'm sorry i asked the question now. I didn't know asking it would spark this much of a debate. Oh well. Thanks for anyone who answered the question.
If you would have been just a bit more observant in Pic 4 then this thread wouldn't have had to be made.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
For a Vikings fan whose team has never won even one SB, you seem pretty obsessed that those could be Packers rings. Strange.

And what part do you not get that the SB 45 rings have yet to be designed? That means that the drawing board has not even been touched yet.

Go back and take a really really really good look at pic 4. Are you blind? If not, then come back here and report what you see.
Whose hands are those rings on? A football player or military personal? I want an answer. Which one?
And I don't want any "Well it could be blah blah blah."
No.
It's black and white.
It's cut and dry.
It's clear as day.
Which one?
Military or football player?
(If anyone else wants to answer, feel free to do so. What do you see?)
The proof is right there who those rings belong to.
Sorry I made a mistake and typed 45. I fixed it for you. The rings are on military personal. Why is it so hard to believe a couple of players would let a couple of military guys try on their Super Bowl rings to take a picture. What other purpose would the pictures be there for? It's a picture series of Packer players visiting the troops. "Hey, I got a great idea, let's take pictures of the pilots over-sized rings and post them with all the other pictures."

One of those players was an ex-Packer named Henderson, who just happened to be on the Packers back when they won the last Super Bowl in 97. And that ring on the right looks an awful lot like one of those rings. But what the hell, the pictures show who actually owns the rings. After all, it's black and white. Here I thought it was a picture of Packers players doing something nice for the troops and letting them try on the rings. But apparently Packer players don't think that way.

Me being a Viking fan has nothing to do with the conversation.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry I made a mistake and typed 45. I fixed it for you. The rings are on military personal. Why is it so hard to believe a couple of players would let a couple of military guys try on their Super Bowl rings to take a picture. What other purpose would the pictures be there for? It's a picture series of Packer players visiting the troops. "Hey, I got a great idea, let's take pictures of the pilots over-sized rings and post them with all the other pictures."

One of those players was an ex-Packer named Henderson, who just happened to be on the Packers back when they won the last Super Bowl in 97. And that ring on the right looks an awful lot like one of those rings. But what the hell, the pictures show who actually owns the rings. After all, it's black and white. Here I thought it was a picture of Packers players doing something nice for the troops and letting them try on the rings. But apparently Packer players don't think that way.

Me being a Viking fan has nothing to do with the conversation.

Henderson's I can get as he went on the trip. HOWEVER John Kuhn is NOT on the trip so it can't be a Steeler's ring as he's the only one on this team that was on that team and he's in the States. (He was in NYSE ringing the bell today)

Caption this: Packers taking stock - NFC North Blog - ESPN

Members online

Latest posts