Do the Packers already have their SB rings?

Chillarfan54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was looking at pictures of some of the Packers visting the troops in the middle east and came accross this pic of two guys wearing what appears to be SB rings.

Packers Visit Troops in Middle East

Credit: Packers.com

I thought they have a ring ceremony and present them before the first game of the season. I'm probably wrong on that though.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I was looking at pictures of some of the Packers visting the troops in the middle east and came accross this pic of two guys wearing what appears to be SB rings.

Packers Visit Troops in Middle East

Credit: Packers.com

I thought they have a ring ceremony and present them before the first game of the season. I'm probably wrong on that though.

Not 1st game but I thought March?

But they do look like SB rings

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
From what I know, the rings take a long time to make. The Saints didn't get theirs until August. So I doubt those are the rings, but I could be wrong.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah those are SB rings worn by the military pilots of the aircraft. :icon_rolleyes:

PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
The following was was reported in an article in the Green Bay Press-Gazette last week.The Green Bay Packer management has not approved of Super Bowl 45 ring design, as of last week.

Reaction score
no. they usually get them right before the first game, which will be that Thursday Night Game against the Bears (which would be awesome to get them in front of the Bears) or the Saints.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My bet - is that they were provided by Jostens or competitors as possible designs. Demos or props if you will. Usually the players/coaches have a say in the design. Maybe the company is promoting the most expensive designs to the players?

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
um...being that they are Air Force personal they are probably military academy rings and have nothing to do with the NFL
Look like SB rings to me. The fact that they are featured in the picture, leads me to believe they are SB rings.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard from in one of the interviews that M.M. had his Packers fitted for the SB rings even before the SB started. So it's possible those rings were ready to be made the moment they won it. They may have them now, but I would think there would be an official presentation ceremony complete with media blitz. The ceremony may take place before the first game but I would think the players may get those rings before that. I dunno, just guessing here....

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Green Bay Packers now must make decision about Super Bowl ring | greenbaypressgazette.com | Green Bay Press Gazette

from Green Bay press Gazette 3 days ago

So 3 days ago a design isnt even made yet

The Green Bay Packers have their trophy, but haven't made decisions yet on the design of their Super Bowl rings or who will receive them.

"That process will be addressed in the very near future," Packers spokesman Aaron Popkey said Friday.
Jostens Inc, a Minneapolis-based company, produced the rings of the other three Packers Super Bowl championships. But the Packers have not announced who will produce the Super Bowl XLV rings.

Really, people think the ring can be made in a week? all 150 of them?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
In 96 they gave the rings at a golf club in the summer..So dont assume it will be during a game

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dont believe either of those guys are players and my guess would be college rings maybe from sports.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

they are Air Force Academy rings, NOT Super Bowl rings

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It wouldn't need to be asked if one takes a really good look at pics number 3 and 4.
You can clearly see that the rings are on those flying the airplane and not Packers players.

Unless the Packers have to put on military uniforms and then have to fly themselves to the overseas troops.

And as LTF pointed out....
Really, people think the ring can be made in a week? all 150 of them?

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It wouldn't need to be asked if one takes a really good look at pics number 3 and 4.
You can clearly see that the rings are on those flying the airplane and not Packers players.

Unless the Packers have to put on military uniforms and then have to fly themselves to the overseas troops.

hell don't even have to look very hard...the guys are in flight suits...

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I was hoping our rings look something like the 49ers when they won their 4th, but come to think about it, something like this would be cool

We could have the G logo and then our 4 trophies in the background, I think it would look awesome, but most the time the rings always look better than you want them to

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
The one on the left looks like it could be from the Steelers in 05. Wasn't Kuhn on the Steelers practice squad back then? Which I believe would earn him a ring.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The one on the left looks like it could be from the Steelers in 05. Wasn't Kuhn on the Steelers practice squad back then? Which I believe would earn him a ring.

yes, but Kuhn didn't go

Jarrett Bush, Daryn Colledge, Derrick Martin, Nick McDonald, Frank Zombo and former player William Henderson, Tom Bakken, Pepper Burrus where the guys that went...could be Henderson's I suppose..

Members online

Latest posts