Discuss the PFDL

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
hate to do it this early but I had to pick up insurance for rg3
Two people had already picked their QB2 before I got my QB1. Never to early if it is BPA. I just rated Eli much lower. Peyton I figured would be there at 10 which is why I didn't get him earlier. Once people started getting backup QBs forced my hand a round or two early.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Two people had already picked their QB2 before I got my QB1. Never to early if it is BPA. I just rated Eli much lower. Peyton I figured would be there at 10 which is why I didn't get him earlier. Once people started getting backup QBs forced my hand a round or two early.
I grabbed Schaub as early as I did because I wanted to be able to double up with a QB/ WR combo. I'd no idea where you guys would rank him so I pulled the trigger on that one. Plus I spaced on the whole 3 starting WR thing. I'm still happy with A. Johnson, Nelson, and Decker as my 1, 2, 3 though.

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Him and Schaub are solid #2 QB's imo. Nothing more. And he really only has some appeal to me because I had A. Johnson already, and both White and Jones of the ATL were off the board already.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I grabbed Schaub as early as I did because I wanted to be able to double up with a QB/ WR combo. I'd no idea where you guys would rank him so I pulled the trigger on that one. Plus I spaced on the whole 3 starting WR thing. I'm still happy with A. Johnson, Nelson, and Decker as my 1, 2, 3 though.
I'm not understanding the significance or reasoning behind this theory?

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not understanding the significance or reasoning behind this theory?
Doubles up on points for TD's mostly. Say you're playing both Eli and Victor Cruz, Eli throws Cruz a TD. You get not just 6 points for the TD, but 12 total for the TD as it registers on two separate player's stats. Doubles up yardage points two to a lesser degree. (point totals per standard league scoring). I got reamed by Roethlisberger and Wallace last year by my main competitor this last season in the league I play in with irl friends.

Really it is just a play that I'd like to have in my arsenal so to speak. I don't plan on shooting for it every week.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
And i
Doubles up on points for TD's mostly. Say you're playing both Eli and Victor Cruz, Eli throws Cruz a TD. You get not just 6 points for the TD, but 12 total for the TD as it registers on two separate player's stats. Doubles up yardage points two to a lesser degree. (point totals per standard league scoring). I got reamed by Roethlisberger and Wallace last year by my main competitor this last season in the league I play in with irl friends.

Really it is just a play that I'd like to have in my arsenal so to speak. I don't plan on shooting for it every week.
And if Eli goes down or the game plan is a running attack you also lose the WR, correct?

NorthWestCheeseHead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Correct. It is more of an opportunistic/ last-ditch "save my ***, my projections blow this week" sort of thing. Basically I'd only suggest doing it if both the QB and WR have an above average probability to have big games. But essentially the idea behind it is to get points twice for the same thing because two players benefit from the same stat.

OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Correct. It is more of an opportunistic/ last-ditch "save my ***, my projections blow this week" sort of thing. Basically I'd only suggest doing it if both the QB and WR have an above average probability to have big games. But essentially the idea behind it is to get points twice for the same thing because two players benefit from the same stat.
it is essentially a boom or bust strategy

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DuJuan Harris, surprised he is still there. Didn't really want to take him - but at this point in the draft, reward outweighs risk. Who knows - maybe the change MM is talking about in the run game includes abandoning the RB by committee approach also.

OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
DuJuan Harris, surprised he is still there. Didn't really want to take him - but at this point in the draft, reward outweighs risk. Who knows - maybe the change MM is talking about in the run game includes abandoning the RB by committee approach also.
I am almost certain we are gonna draft a RB so unless Harris was there in like round 17, I wasn't gonna take him.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we draft Lacy and then you get him in the rookie draft then I will be jealous.
Wood - denial is not a river in Egypt. Tell you what, you are taking this harder than I thought, and I hate to see you get this upset. I will trade you Harris for Jamaal Charles, and I will throw in my next pick.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Halfway through. Time to assess my picks:
QB: Peyton
RB: Doug Martin, CJ2K, Knowshon Moreno, Reggie Bush, Daryl Richardson
WR: Kendall Wright, Victor Cruz, Torrey Smith, Dwayne Bowe, Emmanual Sanders
TE: Dennis Pitta, Brandon Pettigrew

Peyton buys me a couple of years to get my next QB. I expect Bush to put up Sproles type numbers in Detroit. Richardson should get first chance to replace Jackson. Moreno is in a committee, CJ2K might be, maybe should have stayed away. Solid on my TE's. Sanders and Smith get chance to step up. Cruz needs to sign and not hold out.

OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Halfway through. Time to assess my picks:
QB: Peyton
RB: Doug Martin, CJ2K, Knowshon Moreno, Reggie Bush, Daryl Richardson
WR: Kendall Wright, Victor Cruz, Torrey Smith, Dwayne Bowe, Emmanual Sanders
TE: Dennis Pitta, Brandon Pettigrew

Peyton buys me a couple of years to get my next QB. I expect Bush to put up Sproles type numbers in Detroit. Richardson should get first chance to replace Jackson. Moreno is in a committee, CJ2K might be, maybe should have stayed away. Solid on my TE's. Sanders and Smith get chance to step up. Cruz needs to sign and not hold out.
I like your team. I am very interested in Martin though...

Members online

Latest posts