Did anyone see the Lions last night?

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll tell you. For having the weapons around Harrington, that offense looked awful. I know St. Louis was blitzing almost every down, but the offense produced very little. Does anyone else think that the Lions are still at least a season if not more away from dominating on the offensive side of the ball?

NCPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looked like the Rams provided a blueprint to the rest of the NFL for beating the Lions. Blitz the crap out of Harrington! Hopefully Bates was paying attention. It did get me thinking, though. Bates is known for playing a straight up, vanilla defense with very little blitzing. I wonder if he is willing to adapt his game plan for an opponents obvious weakness? I guess we'll see Sept. 11.

OP
OP
NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. Bates would rather get pressure with his front four and have little blitzing. Hopefully, after he has looked at our pathetic pass rush through training camp and the first three games of the preseason, he will implement a more aggressive style against the Lions. Like you said, we'll see Sept. 11!

NCPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To take it a step further, it's fairly obvious our defense is a "work in progress". Bates himself said recently, it may be several games into the season before the unit comes together. The easier part of our schedule is the first five games and this team needs to get off to a better start than we did last year. We can't count on winning 9 out of our last 11 games, especially with road games against the Eagles, Falcons and Ravens. That being said, I wonder if Bates should throw a few creative wrinkles into his game plan early in the year just so we can get off to a good start and then revert to the vanilla scheme once the players get a few games under their belts. If we can get through the early stretch 4-1 or 5-0, the players will have gained considerable confidence going into the meat of the schedule.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I don't think our starters for D have been together a single quarter well heck for that matter do we have set starters??

Reaction score
I hope your right chick, but lets not forget they have a great young RB. Hopefully, the D does at least a decent job and the O beats the heck out of the Lions D. Clock management will be the key, unles of course Brett feels like driving down and scoring ASAP like the first two preseason games. If that does happen, I could get used to it. :D

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
I hope your right chick, but lets not forget they have a great young RB. Hopefully, the D does at least a decent job and the O beats the heck out of the Lions D. Clock management will be the key, unles of course Brett feels like driving down and scoring ASAP like the first two preseason games. If that does happen, I could get used to it. :D

i hope im right too da packers. i hope im wrong about the preseason when i say its the barometer of the regular season. just because they have a bad preseason dosent mean they will have a bad regular season. sometimes it works just the opposite.

AF Lion

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys, Harrington is the least of our Problems. The first string defense has been torched throughout the preseason and the O-line has been just awful. The coaching staff has done a horrible job getting this team prepared. Mooch is one of the most overrated coaches in the NFL. This is a 6-10 team at best and the pack will probably drop 21 points on the Lions in the first quarter and win 38-6. :evil:

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AF Lion said:
Guys, Harrington is the least of our Problems. The first string defense has been torched throughout the preseason and the O-line has been just awful. The coaching staff has done a horrible job getting this team prepared. Mooch is one of the most overrated coaches in the NFL. This is a 6-10 team at best and the pack will probably drop 21 points on the Lions in the first quarter and win 38-6. :evil:

Did you see us vs. the Pats? This could be a 6-3 game because neither O could move the ball or it could be a 38-35 game because neither team seems to be able to stop anyone.

In fairness to both teams the Lions D were missing Hall and Rogers and we were missing Grady and Hunt so all is not lost.

AF Lion

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the encouraging words but I would feel much better about losing to the Pats than the Rams. What really made this bad was that this was suppose to be the coming out party and they came out like it was an intersquad scrimmage. Also, its not like they lit it up in the first 2 games, the first team offense has yet to score a TD. This team has alot to prove before I can put any faith into it.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
as much as i dont want the lions to do well, they have too many weapons to not make some sort of splash. If they dont, heads will roll.

Members online

Latest posts