Devin Hester

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Now I'm not sticking up for Hester here, but one should consider the monumental difference between Cutler throwing him the football and Aaron Rodgers. :D

If he drops passes from cuntler, he damn sure aint catching passes from Arod. He sucks at running routes, getting seperation, and properly catching the ball. He tries to make body catches instead of using his hands. He was never meant to be a WR.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
No to Hester IMO, not 'hell no', but no IMO.

Hyde was OK as a PR: Of those in the league with 15 or more PRs, Hyde was 8th with a 12.3yd average - about the same average as Ginn. Hester was fourth with a 14.2 yd average. Hyde averaged 24.1 yds on KORs (higher average then Ginn) with a long of 70. Depending on how many snaps he gets on D I’d be comfortable with him as the returner and let others try to beat him out of both roles.

I just loved the Bears’ trying to fit the square peg Hester into the round hole of a #1 WR! (Mostly according to Bear radio plus observations) he struggled learning what had to be a pretty simple scheme (compared to the Packers) and he struggled running routes. He played O, D, and STs at Miami and I believe the Bears had him as a returner and DB his first year. I don’t remember him playing DB but I wonder if leaving him there would have made more sense instead of switching him to WR his second season. I remember a couple of years of Hub Arkush suggesting to the Bears if they were going to use Hester on offense he should line up out of the backfield and receive pitches or flat passes. I’m glad they never gave that a try.

Anyway he was a fantastic returner, now I think he’s very good but that’s all he is.

PackersBacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would much rather have Dexter McCluster to be honest because of his versitility. Hester is old, expensive and is a one-trick pony. But what's wrong with Randall Cobb returning punts?

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would much rather have Dexter McCluster to be honest because of his versitility. Hester is old, expensive and is a one-trick pony. But what's wrong with Randall Cobb returning punts?

Too valuable to the offense to risk getting hurt on Special Teams... at least that's my take on it. I understand injuries are a part of the game but the risk vs the reward in this case isn't enough to keep him there if we can avoid it.

PackersBacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Too valuable to the offense to risk getting hurt on Special Teams... at least that's my take on it. I understand injuries are a part of the game but the risk vs the reward in this case isn't enough to keep him there if we can avoid it.

Yeah that's very true. I'm just thinking about how the Cowboys use Dez Bryant to return punts but it's better to be safe than sorry. Maybe he can still be a situational returner though.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah that's very true. I'm just thinking about how the Cowboys use Dez Bryant to return punts but it's better to be safe than sorry. Maybe he can still be a situational returner though.

He no longer retruns punts but valid point

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
No to Hester, I don't think it would work out for a fair price. He is a great returner, one of the best yet I'd rather him be on the AFC side of the league, maybe Miami. Plus I'd be afraid of him being injured if he played for us.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hester in his prime playing for us? omg it would have been unbelievable

Members online

Latest posts