Deserving Success?

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just some thoughts i had:
This forum seems way more logical and sensical this season. Is it because the Packers are doing well? Just wondering where all the "FIRE TT NOOOOOOOWWWWW" posters have gone to? Do they really deserve to enjoy the same success as the people who were saying "just wait, the team is young, TT has a plan, draft is the key etc" posters?

I have to say as someone who follows the Packers, isnt a Hardcore Green Bay Favrer, and was patient the last number of years once i began to realise that MM and TT were bringing the Pack upwards, this recent success has been very satisfying. I'm just wondering if any of you are eating humble or if you are saying "i told you so!" :D

GO PACK GO :)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Lot of reasoning from the "anti TT groups" was the Packers were always in the playoffs b4 Tt got there...

But it was in 97 that they last made it to the Champ game...so that could be when I say I told you so..

but even if they get booted in the 1st round I guess one could still say I told you so..After all that is how they were in the last few years with Sherman..

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel like if you wear the green and gold... you can enjoy the success. With an asterick of course.

Some of the people that were killing TT and MM are still packers fans so they should get to enjoy it... but when the celebrate this season it needs to be tempered with a comment like... ya know i was wrong about em.

We all know i was with TT and MM from the start, does that mean i get to enjoy the success alone. Hell no, but it does mean i get to say "told you so" to the other half of the packer nation.

I TOLD YOU SO!

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
as long as they are still packer backers that's okay i felt t.t and m.m were doing okay it just took the players to get on the same page they have shown why t.t. liked them jenning jones robinson it's all good :D

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This forum seems way more logical and sensical this season. Is it because the Packers are doing well? Just wondering where all the "FIRE TT NOOOOOOOWWWWW" posters have gone to? Do they really deserve to enjoy the same success as the people who were saying "just wait, the team is young, TT has a plan, draft is the key etc" posters?

I have to say as someone who follows the Packers, isnt a Hardcore Green Bay Favrer, and was patient the last number of years once i began to realise that MM and TT were bringing the Pack upwards, this recent success has been very satisfying. I'm just wondering if any of you are eating humble or if you are saying "i told you so!" :D

Not this again...

"Not a hard core Favrer"?

How about some people in here saying that they were wrong in their estimation that Favre "sucked", had "lost it", "should be traded", etc..etc..and some apologies to the Green Bay Packer fans who didn't sell their HOF QB down the river, and kept the faith.

I already admitted that I was somewhat wrong about TT, happily so. But I will not grovel about it, which is what the original poster of this post seems to want.

If TT can win once Favre retires, then I will officially crown him. Until then, you can not claim that he is solely responsible for the winning resurgence that we're enjoying with the Green Bay Packers right now!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Tiger said:

Not this again...

"Not a hard core Favrer"?

How about some people in here saying that they were wrong in their estimation that Favre "sucked", had "lost it", "should be traded", etc..etc..and some apologies to the Green Bay Packer fans who didn't sell their HOF QB down the river, and kept the faith.

I already admitted that I was somewhat wrong about TT, happily so. But I will not grovel about it, which is what the original poster of this post seems to want.

If TT can win once Favre retires, then I will officially crown him. Until then, you can not claim that he is solely responsible for the winning resurgence that we're enjoying with the Green Bay Packers right now!

So when it was going bad it had nothing to do with the team, but Ted was ruining this team..

now they are doing fantastic, its because of Brett.

that I think is a big problem people have with those whole Ted debate..

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If saying "I told you so" makes you feel better, then so be it. I don't see the point. Why someone needs to feel superior and smarter than other fans of the SAME TEAM is beyond me. I never had a real strong opinion of TT either way. The season isn't over. We aren't in the Super Bowl yet.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My problem with the TT haters was always that they didn't realize how the team was set to fall apart, with aging high salary vets and no depth behind them. That's a recipe for short term survival and long term disaster. I agreed with TT when he came in and we saw the first signs of the "rebuilding" process, even though I was a little upset that the team would probably still be rebuilding and improving after Favre retired.

That he has been able to turn the ship around, and bring in great coaches and great high quality players, in just a few years... it blows my mind.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
It wasn't that I disagreed with Ted Thompson's strategy, I just thought maybe ONE key free agent signing would have been good, and if not that, a better first round draft pick. Now, those very words could come back and bite me when and if Harrell becomes a significant member on our team, but I don't think anyone could argue the jury is still out on Ted with that pick. Harrell could have been getting valuable game experience these past couple weeks later in the game after the score was run up but he was injured. Let's hope that's not a common theme. Other then that, I'm thrilled with the job he did drafting. I think Jones and Crosby are great, along with Hall and everyone else. I can't really blame him for Jackson, he seemed to have a lot of potential and may blossom yet. You can't win every time.

I believe that TT gambled a bit depending on our young players to step up, and they did. He had faith in his ways and it worked out. Props to that. It could have went the other way and we're not in the clear yet. If Favre stays another year, another good draft, and maybe one key FA signing, the Packers will undoubtedly be a dominant contender.

If he doesn't do anything big in free agency this year, then resign Williams!

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GM is a brutal job. If we would have tanked early, trust me not getting Randy Moss would have a key non move by TT. I don't know what GB was offering, but having Moss and Favre seems like a perfect combination even for us armchair GMs.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my 51st year of being a Packer Backer I have been through all of the ups and downs.
I was anti Teddy from the beginning but as I said in past posts I felt that this year was his defining year and if the Pack went 9-7 or better this year I would not chastise him as I had in the past.
I believe that his choice of Mike McCarthy was a good choice, I have never bashed McCarthy.

As I sit here eating humble pie I am still able to enjoy the success of the Green Bay Packers immensely.
However having been a Packer Fan for more years than alot of the posters on this forum have been taking air, I still reserve the right to call em as I see em.
It's just that my eyesight ain't what it used to be.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel like if you wear the green and gold... you can enjoy the success. With an asterick of course.

Some of the people that were killing TT and MM are still packers fans so they should get to enjoy it... but when the celebrate this season it needs to be tempered with a comment like... ya know i was wrong about em.

We all know i was with TT and MM from the start, does that mean i get to enjoy the success alone. Hell no, but it does mean i get to say "told you so" to the other half of the packer nation.

I TOLD YOU SO!

Most of us already changed our minds.

Now, the I told you so's are just getting old.

We've discussed this a million times.

OP
OP
Tiger

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol okay maybe my fault but half of ye missed my point entirely, but yah its good to see that you havent lost your humility!

In my eyes a Green Bay Favrer is someone who puts Favre above the Packers at all costs, i think he's a legend, a hero and an inspiration but I want whats best for the Packers first and foremost. Thats what i think. Bye :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts