DeSean Jackson seeks trade

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Healthy MVS > Jackson at this point, IMO. Knows the system, burner, has improved his route running in the offseason. Playing for his next contract. MVS prior to injury was playing well, Rodgers just wasn't hitting him.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Healthy MVS > Jackson at this point, IMO. Knows the system, burner, has improved his route running in the offseason. Playing for his next contract. MVS prior to injury was playing well, Rodgers just wasn't hitting him.
Yes, was looking a lot better.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Which will draw more defensive attention though? Jackson going deep or MVS?

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree but what TEs are out there to acquire that would move the needle?

Plus in my opinion, Deguara NEEDS to play. The Packers have spent two 3rd Rounders on TEs in the last 5 years and 1 is already playing for someone else. I get Deguara got hurt, but we need to see what we have there. If Lewis and Daffney get more snaps then he does over the rest of the season then whoever is evaluating TEs in the Draft probably shouldn't be doing that anymore.....or at least have a shorter leash.
Dafney>Deguara

Reaction score
MVS biggest asset is that he demands some Safety attention. He’s not a guy you’ll run down if he catches a ball and has a step on a CB. He’s also surprise us with a few more difficult, athletic TD’s or big plays where the ball was either contested.. or thrown off target a smidge. He’s got good hands and he’s been into our playbook and doesn’t make many mistakes. Also he’s another big WR body with some speed to get in front and block. His presence brings a speed component we don’t have elsewhere (closest thing is Adams or EQ)

I think we all got scared there with 3 Wideouts suddenly being out, but the more I look around, I’m not interested in stealing snaps from this well established group. We’ll have 3 WR back inside 1-2 weeks.

The only way I’m liking going after Deshaun Jackson is if we thought MVS was injured worse than anticipated or he’s just so dirt cheap we’d be assured of him being a value. I can’t see sitting MVS or Cobb to play Jackson, it’s too much overlapping. I’m torn because I feel like we should be aggressive this season, but it’s also a delicate balancing of our books.

I’d rather spend up to a couple $2-3mil etc.. at TE or RG/RT to pair with Billy. I’m becoming increasingly concerned that Newman was thrust in there a bit too early. Jackson is a luxury pickup

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

reminds me of a bad moon Rison move, but the dollars needed puts the team in cap hell.

The Packers have the cap space to make a trade for Jackson, it doesn't make much sense with MVS set to return though.

MVS biggest asset is that he demands some Safety attention. He’s not a guy you’ll run down if he catches a ball and has a step on a CB. He’s also surprise us with a few more difficult, athletic TD’s or big plays where the ball was either contested.. or thrown off target a smidge. He’s got good hands and he’s been into our playbook and doesn’t make many mistakes.

MVS' hands improved over the course of last season but in my opinion he still needs to prove that he has good ones.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m becoming increasingly concerned that Newman was thrust in there a bit too early. Jackson is a luxury pickup
Maybe, but I can't help but think a good center is going to help him out. I just don't think it's Patrick and I am surprised that Hansen is still on the team. So maybe it will come down to Newman, Runyon or Patrick at the R guard when we are healthy.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
The Packers have the cap space to make a trade for Jackson, it doesn't make much sense with MVS set to return though.

MVS' hands improved over the course of last season but in my opinion he still needs to prove that he has good ones.
Scantling also showed those improved hands at the beginning of this season. Will be interesting to see if mentally he is in the same place, or whether he needs to rebuild his confidence level. Seems fragile in that area. Reprove it time for him if he is physically ready to go.

D

Deleted member 6794

Scantling also showed those improved hands at the beginning of this season. Will be interesting to see if mentally he is in the same place, or whether he needs to rebuild his confidence level. Seems fragile in that area. Reprove it time for him if he is physically ready to go.

In my opinion MVS having six receptions in three games is too small of a sample size that fairly evaluate his performance this season.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doesnt matter he is 34...this would be for rest of this season thats it. Cooks is the better player...but Jackson clearly can still do one thing better and thats get deep.

Over the last 3 seasons he has touchdown catches of 53, 75, and 81 yards while catching just 31 balls...20 of which have gone for first downs. Avg per catch 18.77

Yeah hes not an every down player but he can make an impact on the game with very few opportunities...his 221 yards this season would place him 3rd on the Packers behind only Adams and Jones
Either way, trade deadline is gone. Thank God Gute wasn't dumb enough to trade for the guy.

D

Deleted member 6794

Either way, trade deadline is gone. Thank God Gute wasn't dumb enough to trade for the guy.

The Rams waived Jackson, the Packers could still put in a claim for him or sign him once he clears waivers.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Rams waived Jackson, the Packers could still put in a claim for him or sign him once he clears waivers.
Still a hard pass. I think I'd rather take Freeman's offer of finishing out the year in G&G. Nobody put in a claim on Jackson. Probably a good reason for that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Still a hard pass. I think I'd rather take Freeman's offer of finishing out the year in G&G. Nobody put in a claim on Jackson. Probably a good reason for that.

I don't want the Packers to sign Jackson either, just mentioned it was a possibility.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Looked pretty nice on that td just earlier...but mvs is back after that beautiful shot play 75 yarder, not that it would if been bad to have both

Granted st brown finally looks like ge might be somebody

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looked pretty nice on that td just earlier...but mvs is back after that beautiful shot play 75 yarder, not that it would if been bad to have both

Having two deep threats would be pretty cool. I don't think St.Brown fits that but anyone can get deep sometimes.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Having two deep threats would be pretty cool. I don't think St.Brown fits that but anyone can get deep sometimes.

Wasnt saying st brown was a deep threat just saying he finally looked like a serviceable player last game and hes the one who would of lost snaps had the packers aquired jackson

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wasnt saying st brown was a deep threat just saying he finally looked like a serviceable player last game and hes the one who would of lost snaps had the packers aquired jackson
And I wasn't saying you were saying that. And your right, that was the best I have seen Santa Brown.

D

Deleted member 6794

I definitely prefer having MVS over Jackson at this point of his career. There's no need for having two receivers primarily being deep threats.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And I wasn't saying you were saying that. And your right, that was the best I have seen Santa Brown.

Fair enough and I think youve got something with that nickname haha hopefully he keeps playing like that...

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I definitely prefer having MVS over Jackson at this point of his career. There's no need for having two receivers primarily being deep threats.

I just liked your earlier comment with the same sentiment last night because I see your point with the no room for 2 one trick ponies...granted mvs is showing signs of being more than that

I was certainly never saying jackson over mvs...just pointing out that jackson even at 34 is still very good at the one thing hes always been very good at

Would he have helped the Packers or been happy in a very limited role I think yes to the former and no to the latter. So you guys who didnt want him were right not a fit in green bay

D

Deleted member 6794

I just liked your earlier comment with the same sentiment last night because I see your point with the no room for 2 one trick ponies...granted mvs is showing signs of being more than that

I was certainly never saying jackson over mvs...just pointing out that jackson even at 34 is still very good at the one thing hes always been very good at

Would he have helped the Packers or been happy in a very limited role I think yes to the former and no to the latter. So you guys who didnt want him were right not a fit in green bay

Jackson is still a dangerous deep threat but he offers close to nothing else at this point in his career. Heck, he's averaging 30.1 yards per catch in 2021.

With MVS there's at least hope he will be able to develop a more diverse route tree.

Members online

Latest posts