DeSean Jackson seeks trade

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

It would reunite Rodgers and Jackson for the first time in 15 plus years since their days at Cal....although I'm not sure they played more than 1 year together.

I'm sure Adams will come back, but without possibly MVS and Lazard and Tonyan definitely gone....another weapon is needed. I can't imagine the Rams ask for much, but would Gute inquire? I think a 5th should do it.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure why the Rams would even trade with GB, considering we play each other in a month AND potentially in the playoffs as well. Would cost GB approx. $1.456Mil for the remainder of the year, but would play similar role as MVS who should be back any week, now. Actually would be $2.38Mil if we pay his per game roster bonus, also.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
100% correct Pkrjones.

Additionally, the whole "Last Dance" theme for 2021 is not just about Rodgers but is also about the massive salary cap problem that we have for next season. Spending this season affects the rollover into next year.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It would reunite Rodgers and Jackson for the first time in 15 plus years since their days at Cal....although I'm not sure they played more than 1 year together.

I'm sure Adams will come back, but without possibly MVS and Lazard and Tonyan definitely gone....another weapon is needed. I can't imagine the Rams ask for much, but would Gute inquire? I think a 5th should do it.
MVS and Lazard will both be back. MVS almost played last night.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Go get jackson...hes a cal guy and hes a deep threat that has to be respected any time hes on the field just like mvs. Hell open up things underneath for others at the very least

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think given DeSean being at this point in his career I think they'd honor his request to play where he wants. Is there an AFC Team that would want him? Sure, but which of those would be contenders?

And how many games til MVS is himself again? What if there's another Covid wave in the locker room? While it was a good game last night, we can't depend on that kind of "luck" down the stretch.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would prefer Willie Snead. Very willing blocker who would fit in. Now this is assuming MVS is not worse than we think. If he is then Jackson could be the better option. Trade deadline coming up quick, if the Rams can't find a trade partner and release him even better.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys are tossing out the "go get him" statements in a vacuum. It will never happen and you'll have to learn to accept it.

He costs 1.2 m for rest of season i believe...i think its a definite possibility along with brandin cooks

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pass on Jackson. TE is now a much higher priority.
I agree but what TEs are out there to acquire that would move the needle?

Plus in my opinion, Deguara NEEDS to play. The Packers have spent two 3rd Rounders on TEs in the last 5 years and 1 is already playing for someone else. I get Deguara got hurt, but we need to see what we have there. If Lewis and Daffney get more snaps then he does over the rest of the season then whoever is evaluating TEs in the Draft probably shouldn't be doing that anymore.....or at least have a shorter leash.

Last edited:

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree but what TEs are out there to acquire that would move the needle?

Plus in my opinion, Deguara NEEDS to play. The Packetd have spent two 3rd Rounders on TEs in the last 5 years and 1 is already playing for someone else. I get Deguara got hurt, but we need to see what we have there. If Lewis and Daffney get more snaps then he does over the rest of the season then whoever is evaluating TEs in the Draft probably shouldn't be doing that anymore.....or at least have a shorter leash.

Yeah...no thanks on evan engram

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would prefer Willie Snead. Very willing blocker who would fit in. Now this is assuming MVS is not worse than we think. If he is then Jackson could be the better option. Trade deadline coming up quick, if the Rams can't find a trade partner and release him even better.
Jackson is 34. What has he done over the past 3 seasons to make you think he's worth having?

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jackson is 34. What has he done over the past 3 seasons to make you think he's worth having?

Doesnt matter he is 34...this would be for rest of this season thats it. Cooks is the better player...but Jackson clearly can still do one thing better and thats get deep.

Over the last 3 seasons he has touchdown catches of 53, 75, and 81 yards while catching just 31 balls...20 of which have gone for first downs. Avg per catch 18.77

Yeah hes not an every down player but he can make an impact on the game with very few opportunities...his 221 yards this season would place him 3rd on the Packers behind only Adams and Jones

OP
OP
Favre>Rodgers259

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score

So Jackson gets to choose his own team....I feel he AT LEAST gives Rodgers a call. Jackson hasn't seen the postseason since 2015 and have only played in 7 career postseason games, 2 of which he was bounced out by Rodgers and the Packers.

If the Bucs get him....:mad::mad::mad::mad:

D

Deleted member 6794

Not sure why the Rams would even trade with GB, considering we play each other in a month AND potentially in the playoffs as well. Would cost GB approx. $1.456Mil for the remainder of the year, but would play similar role as MVS who should be back any week, now. Actually would be $2.38Mil if we pay his per game roster bonus, also.

FYI, to calculate the cap hit a player would account for in a trade you need to divide the total amount of base salary by 18 and multiple it by the weeks left in the season. In addition the per game roster bonus needs to by divided by 17 and multiplied by the games remaining for the team acquiring a player.

In Jackson's case that would result in a cap hit of $2.454 million for the Packerd for the rest of the 2021 if acquired at the deadline if he ends up playing in every game.

He costs 1.2 m for rest of season i believe...i think its a definite possibility along with brandin cooks

As mentioned above, Jackson would count $2.454 million towards the Packers cap if acquired at the deadline as long as he plays in every game for the rest of the season.

Doesnt matter he is 34...this would be for rest of this season thats it. Cooks is the better player...but Jackson clearly can still do one thing better and thats get deep.

Over the last 3 seasons he has touchdown catches of 53, 75, and 81 yards while catching just 31 balls...20 of which have gone for first downs. Avg per catch 18.77

Over the last three season MVS has touchdowns catches of 78, 74 and 72 yards, averaging 18.74 yards on 65 catches.

I don't consider DeSean being an upgrade over him at this point in his career.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FYI, to calculate the cap hit a player would account for in a trade you need to divide the total amount of base salary by 18 and multiple it by the weeks left in the season. In addition the per game roster bonus needs to by divided by 17 and multiplied by the games remaining

Over the last three season MVS has touchdowns catches of 78, 74 and 72 yards, averaging 18.74 yards on 65 catches.

I don't consider DeSean being an upgrade over him at this point in his career.

I dont believe anyone said jackson was an upgrade over mvs...just a guy who if aquired is highly likely to make some big plays that help this team win a championship...id rather have him taking snaps than eqsb, i liked eq coming out but its clear he just doesnt have it.

And thanks i just did a rough estimate based on the base salary 2.75 million divided by 18...which for remainder of season after trade deadline...9 weeks is $1.375 million

Missed that note at bottom $102,941 per game active bonus...8 games after trade deadline. $823,528 if hes active for all 8 games

So total cap hit if active for all 8 games would be just less than 2.2 million...subtract 100k for each game his inactive while learning the offense, lets call it 2

Aquiring him via trade would cost 2 million against cap...at this point might as well wait til he is released and get him for the veteran minimum while letting the Rams pay rest of his salary ala jaylon smith who was a healthy scratch last week despite the packers employing 2 ilbs more than they have all season

D

Deleted member 6794

I dont believe anyone said jackson was an upgrade over mvs...just a guy who if aquired is highly likely to make some big plays that help this team win a championship...id rather have him taking snaps than eqsb, i liked eq coming out but its clear he just doesnt have it.

And thanks i just did a rough estimate based on the base salary 2.75 million divided by 18...which for remainder of season after trade deadline...9 weeks is $1.375 million

Missed that note at bottom $102,941 per game active bonus...8 games after trade deadline. $823,528 if hes active for all 8 games

So total cap hit if active for all 8 games would be just less than 2.2 million...subtract 100k for each game his inactive while learning the offense, lets call it 2

Aquiring him via trade would cost 2 million against cap...at this point might as well wait til he is released and get him for the veteran minimum while letting the Rams pay rest of his salary ala jaylon smith who was a healthy scratch last week despite the packers employing 2 ilbs more than they have all season

My point is that Jackson plays the same role as MVS but with him not presenting an upgrade there's no reason to acquire him as there's no room for having two receivers on the field who mainly present a deep threat but hardly anything else.

Regarding DeSean's cap hit, the trade deadline is on Tuesday with 10 weeks left in the season as well as the Packers still having to play nine games.

Therefore the numbers I posted above are accurate.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we get him it would be for the decoy effect and also for his KR/PR ability. His career catch % is mid 50's.
reminds me of a bad moon Rison move, but the dollars needed puts the team in cap hell.

Members online

Latest posts