1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Denver O-lineman, DT to test FA

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Buckeyepackfan, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Buckeyepackfan

Buckeyepackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    From KFFL

Broncos | Carlisle likely to test market
    Wed, 7 Feb 2007 08:14:37 -0800

Lee Rasizer, of the Rocky Mountain News, reports the Denver Broncos will likely allow pending free agent OG Cooper Carlisle to test the market.

Broncos | Myers likely to test market
    Wed, 7 Feb 2007 08:11:30 -0800

Lee Rasizer, of the Rocky Mountain News, reports the Denver Broncos will likely allow pending free agent DT Michael Myers to test the market.

2. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Re: Two Denver O-linemen to test FA

I think Myers is a Defensive Tackle.

I think we should give the OL a look. Can't hurt to look.

3. Buckeyepackfan

Buckeyepackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Re: Two Denver O-linemen to test FA

Yea, I changed my title, Denver runs the Zone blocking system Carlisle might be worth pursueing

4. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,477
    Carlisle was from the 4th round..

EKKKKK what will people say if the Pack go after him? LOL

He has really only been a starter last 2 years...But seems to be pretty good. Would not be bad to bring him in..But would you rather have Spitz starting or Carlise? Or maybe have Carlise start and have Spitz be the back up..That might be the better option???

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=498&contentID=707

5. Drich318

Drich318 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think our OL is pretty much set. Tauscher, Colledge, Wells, Spitz, and Clifton are the starters, and Moll, and Barry are the two major back-ups. We don't need to address this position with a free agent, maybe a day 2 draft pick, but not a FA or a Day 1 draft pick.

6. refpacker

refpacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Good pick up...But im more worried about Moss!!!!

7. Bobby Roberts

Bobby Roberts Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    :twocents: Actually I disagree. Our backup situation is not the best and Clifton has been struggling the past couple of years. Colledge did a great job filling in for Clifton against Miami and I believe he could prove to be a solid LT. Moll learned a lot from filling in for Tauscher at RT. If Colledge and Moll are our OTs of the future, then we need a OG.

In addition, it never hurts to upgrade a position. The OL is critical to having a solid offense and there's no question that they struggled last year. MM and Jag did a good job covering up those struggles by keeping extra blockers in on passing plays, but that hurt our passing game. Improving the OL would go a long way to opening up the offense.

GO PACK GO!!!

8. wils0646

wils0646 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Not to be a stickler...but Colledge did a horrible job at LT when filling in for Clifton. He gave up 2 sacks to Jason Taylor with both resulting in fumbles by Favre. Only AFTER they started using a RB and/or TE to help block the left side did it seem like he did an ok job. In all fairness...a rookie who's out of position against a perennial all pro player is not a good matchup and he should have been helped from the start.

I still liked Colledge's play as a LG throughout the year. I hope he keeps improving for our line. Although he may be better suited as a LT in our system in the future.

9. Bobby Roberts

Bobby Roberts Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You can't look at the first series of that game and say that he did a terrible job! He was thrown into the starting LT spot 20 minutes before the game due to Clifton being sick. He had no time to prepare for Taylor and was playing a new position that he didn't play since the previous year in college!

Of course he was going to struggle, but after the first couple of series he settled down and played very well. Yes, he got some help, but not as much as you make it out to be. Taylor was a none factor for the rest of that game and it opened everything up for our offense. Colledge stepping up in that position showed me a lot about his potential.

GO PACK GO!!!

10. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    I think a lot of LT struggled against the Defensive MVP Jason Taylor.