Denver O-lineman, DT to test FA

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From KFFL

Broncos | Carlisle likely to test market
Wed, 7 Feb 2007 08:14:37 -0800

Lee Rasizer, of the Rocky Mountain News, reports the Denver Broncos will likely allow pending free agent OG Cooper Carlisle to test the market.

Broncos | Myers likely to test market
Wed, 7 Feb 2007 08:11:30 -0800

Lee Rasizer, of the Rocky Mountain News, reports the Denver Broncos will likely allow pending free agent DT Michael Myers to test the market.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Re: Two Denver O-linemen to test FA

From KFFL

Lee Rasizer, of the Rocky Mountain News, reports the Denver Broncos will likely allow pending free agent OG Cooper Carlisle to test the market.

Lee Rasizer, of the Rocky Mountain News, reports the Denver Broncos will likely allow pending free agent DT Michael Myers to test the market.

I think Myers is a Defensive Tackle.

I think we should give the OL a look. Can't hurt to look.

OP
OP
B

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Two Denver O-linemen to test FA

Buckeyepackfan said:
From KFFL

I think Myers is a Defensive Tackle.

I think we should give the OL a look. Can't hurt to look.

Yea, I changed my title, Denver runs the Zone blocking system Carlisle might be worth pursueing

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Carlisle was from the 4th round..

EKKKKK what will people say if the Pack go after him? LOL

He has really only been a starter last 2 years...But seems to be pretty good. Would not be bad to bring him in..But would you rather have Spitz starting or Carlise? Or maybe have Carlise start and have Spitz be the back up..That might be the better option???

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=498&contentID=707

Drich318

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think our OL is pretty much set. Tauscher, Colledge, Wells, Spitz, and Clifton are the starters, and Moll, and Barry are the two major back-ups. We don't need to address this position with a free agent, maybe a day 2 draft pick, but not a FA or a Day 1 draft pick.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think our OL is pretty much set. Tauscher, Colledge, Wells, Spitz, and Clifton are the starters, and Moll, and Barry are the two major back-ups. We don't need to address this position with a free agent, maybe a day 2 draft pick, but not a FA or a Day 1 draft pick.

:twocents: Actually I disagree. Our backup situation is not the best and Clifton has been struggling the past couple of years. Colledge did a great job filling in for Clifton against Miami and I believe he could prove to be a solid LT. Moll learned a lot from filling in for Tauscher at RT. If Colledge and Moll are our OTs of the future, then we need a OG.

In addition, it never hurts to upgrade a position. The OL is critical to having a solid offense and there's no question that they struggled last year. MM and Jag did a good job covering up those struggles by keeping extra blockers in on passing plays, but that hurt our passing game. Improving the OL would go a long way to opening up the offense.

GO PACK GO!!!

wils0646

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Colledge did a great job filling in for Clifton against Miami and I believe he could prove to be a solid LT.

Not to be a stickler...but Colledge did a horrible job at LT when filling in for Clifton. He gave up 2 sacks to Jason Taylor with both resulting in fumbles by Favre. Only AFTER they started using a RB and/or TE to help block the left side did it seem like he did an ok job. In all fairness...a rookie who's out of position against a perennial all pro player is not a good matchup and he should have been helped from the start.

I still liked Colledge's play as a LG throughout the year. I hope he keeps improving for our line. Although he may be better suited as a LT in our system in the future.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to be a stickler...but Colledge did a horrible job at LT when filling in for Clifton. He gave up 2 sacks to Jason Taylor with both resulting in fumbles by Favre. Only AFTER they started using a RB and/or TE to help block the left side did it seem like he did an ok job. In all fairness...a rookie who's out of position against a perennial all pro player is not a good matchup and he should have been helped from the start.

I still liked Colledge's play as a LG throughout the year. I hope he keeps improving for our line. Although he may be better suited as a LT in our system in the future.

You can't look at the first series of that game and say that he did a terrible job! He was thrown into the starting LT spot 20 minutes before the game due to Clifton being sick. He had no time to prepare for Taylor and was playing a new position that he didn't play since the previous year in college!

Of course he was going to struggle, but after the first couple of series he settled down and played very well. Yes, he got some help, but not as much as you make it out to be. Taylor was a none factor for the rest of that game and it opened everything up for our offense. Colledge stepping up in that position showed me a lot about his potential.

GO PACK GO!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts