[DEBATE] Staff

Canadian packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Ted Thompson

Plus he brings in a new HC who has never won anything.... Great OC from 49ers who were last in almost every offense stat last year. Other teams have hired coach from winning teams or programs. I really hope we are not going back to the 80's where no one wanted to play in Green bay.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score

PackerLegend said:
TT Is trying to rebuild through the draft and when teams are rebuilding you cant expect them to be any good. The good news is we will get the first pick in the draft. I thought it was a joke when TT brought in McCarthy instead of making Bates the head coach.

Not making Bates HC was the biggest mistake TT has made of his hopefully short tenure in Geen Bay.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score

PackerLegend said:
It started when we let are 2 all pro gaurds go. Then we didnt give Javon his money and Sherman and his gm duties left us with Robert Ferguson instead of Chris Chambers! Wait it gets better we also have Ahmad Carroll instead of CHRIS GAMBLE. AND THE BEST OF ALL WE PICKED JAMAL F***ING REYLONDS IN 2001 THE 10TH PICK OVER Wow

Ferguson was Wolf's pick, not Sherman.

This is one freaking game people. The Bears are probably one of the best teams in the NFC. The Packers aren't.

Geez, overreact much?

If they come back next week and beat the Saints everyone will be exalting the job TT has done putting this team together.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You don't give him six years. We gave Sherman too long, but he gets one more draft and one more often season to start to turn it around. After that I'll be the first on to ask for his removal. We gave Sherman five years to put us in this position we have to give Ted some time to see if he can bail us out. If he can't get rid of him and start over.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yared-Yam said:
This is one freaking game people. The Bears are probably one of the best teams in the NFC. The Packers aren't.

I think you mean it was just the fist time Green Bay has been shut-out since October 1991.

Yared-Yam said:
If they come back next week and beat the Saints everyone will be exalting the job TT has done putting this team together.

No I won't. But I bet you I can probably list the names of the posters on this forum that most likely will be.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

packedhouse01 said:
You don't give him six years. We gave Sherman too long, but he gets one more draft and one more often season to start to turn it around. After that I'll be the first on to ask for his removal. We gave Sherman five years to put us in this position we have to give Ted some time to see if he can bail us out. If he can't get rid of him and start over.

He's had two drafts

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yared-Yam said:
PackerLegend said:
It started when we let are 2 all pro gaurds go. Then we didnt give Javon his money and Sherman and his gm duties left us with Robert Ferguson instead of Chris Chambers! Wait it gets better we also have Ahmad Carroll instead of CHRIS GAMBLE. AND THE BEST OF ALL WE PICKED JAMAL F***ING REYLONDS IN 2001 THE 10TH PICK OVER Wow

Ferguson was Wolf's pick, not Sherman.

Geez, overreact much?

Yeah I wouldn't expect Green Bay to beat the Saints though.

Ferguson was picked by Wolf but Sherman pushed for him. Pretty much Wolf made the pick for Sherman or so they say.

Week 1 and I guess we should just give up. The Packers lost the game. I'm not shocked. I'm shocked by the way Grossman played but overall they lost. Anyone who though they were going to win was optimistic. That's fine but now they lose and it's time to clean house already on the coaching and front office.

Like you said if they win their next game, things will in complete vice versa.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Nobody said we should give up porky88,

Last year everyone said "this is TT's first year, give him a chance". During pre-season the excuse was "our starters our on the bench, it's only pre-season". Now it's "This is only the first game".

Tired of excuses for TT my friend, sorry but TT's time to prove things is "NOW" End of Story !!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

WinnipegPackFan said:

Last year everyone said "this is TT's first year, give him a chance". During pre-season the excuse was "our starters our on the bench, it's only pre-season". Now it's "This is only the first game".

Tired of excuses for TT my friend, sorry but TT's time to prove things is "NOW" End of Story !!

There is nothing he can do now. The season has started. Let's ***** about the off season when it gets here.

It's going to be a while until this team is any good.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

apparently we were supposed to go undefeated?

i didnt know our expectations were that high, winni. good for you though. now THATS being positive.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score

from the looks of it we will suck for a long time.

lets show some mercy and see how the team does next week...then we can come to conclusions.

give the team a second chance to prove something.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

tromadz said:

i didnt know our expectations were that high, winni. good for you though. now THATS being positive.

I did not expect that you funny guy, but I did not expect us to start with a 26-0 blowout either ( This team is looking worse than last year ) but I could handle that because we were decimated with injuries. This year is a different story and 26-0 is messed up and you know it my friend !!!

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score

tromadz said:

And the first shut out since 1991 (at home, nonetheless) is OK with you?? Good thing you set your expectations so low. It explains a lot about why you are such a big fan of Uncle Ted. :roll:

PackerGypsy

Cheesehead
Reaction score

WinnipegPackFan said:

TT has said from day 1 that he wanted to build his team via the draft. He only will bring in FA's when he has a solid talent base.

That being said, what is a reasonable time to give TT if he plans to rebuild via the draft?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

PackerGypsy said:
WinnipegPackFan said:

TT has said from day 1 that he wanted to build his team via the draft. He only will bring in FA's when he has a solid talent base.

That being said, what is a reasonable time to give TT if he plans to rebuild via the draft?

I'd give him 2 more years top. I wouldn't give him 3. McCarthy I believe signed a 3 year deal. If things aren't good by then get rid of both at the sametime.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

DePack said:
packedhouse01 said:

He's had two drafts

Teddy has had 2 drafts and two freeagency periods and what we have is a very bad team with very little talent and no depth except marginally on the d-line.
He also hired a head coach that no other team would have hired as HC.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

PackerGypsy said:
WinnipegPackFan said:

We should be seeing improvements now, I am not talking a SB, but 26-0 at home is going backwards, not forwards !!!

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

PackerGypsy said:
WinnipegPackFan said:

Ten years minimum!!!!!!!!1

PackerGypsy

Cheesehead
Reaction score

WinnipegPackFan said:
PackerGypsy said:
WinnipegPackFan said:

We should be seeing improvements now, I am not talking a SB, but 26-0 at home is going backwards, not forwards !!!

I am not trying to disagree with you but building via the draft is a longer process than bring in FA's. We all knew TT wanted to do it his way so we shouldn't expect improvement so early in time.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score

yooperfan said:
Teddy has had 2 drafts and two freeagency periods and what we have is a very bad team with very little talent and no depth except marginally on the d-line.

In his defense, he also fired a HC that no other team wanted to hire as HC as well. :lol:

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Regardless of the outcome this season, TT will get at least one more year here. My guess is that after having a dismal season this year and another losing season next year Jones will then be forced into making a move.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Anubis said:
yooperfan said:

In his defense, he also fired a HC that no other team wanted to hire as HC as well. :lol:

Does that mean that Teddy is batting 1.000?