[DEBATE] Staff

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Ted Thompson

pyledriver80 said:
PackerLegend said:
It started when we let are 2 all pro gaurds go. Then we didnt give Javon his money and Sherman and his gm duties left us with Robert Ferguson instead of Chris Chambers! Wait it gets better we also have Ahmad Carroll instead of CHRIS GAMBLE. AND THE BEST OF ALL WE PICKED JAMAL F***ING REYLONDS IN 2001 THE 10TH PICK OVER Wow

#11 Dan Morgan
#13 Marcus Stroud
#16 Santana Moss
Steve Hutchinson
Casey Hampton
Nate Clements
Deuce McAllister
Reggie Wayne
Todd Heap
Drew Brees
Alge Crumpler
Chad Johnson

There are more but i think if i go on i will start to cry Thanks to sherman he has drove the packers into the ground with his drafting but no lets thank sherman because he let us have some winning seasons but after that make it no where because of him we have lost of time of becoming SB champs and now we are going to have to face the facts and wait probably 4-5 years before we can become contenders again

Are you kidding me. This is TT's team and it stinks. When TT came in we were a playoff team and now we stink. Blaming this on Jamal Reynolds is laughable. TT is awful, time for him to face the music!

Are you freaking kidding me?!?!? Sherman's drafts are exactly the reason why the Packers aren't very good now. If he wasn't so incredibly horrible at drafting, we would have better players. Replace Ferguson with Chambers. That's a huge upgrade. Replace Carroll with Gamble and you have a great cornerback instead of a hothead with bad coverage skills. Replace Jamal Reynolds with Marcus Stroud and you have a Pro Bowl DT instead of a colossal bust DE. This goes for all rounds of the draft. Does this not make sense to you!?!? It takes 3-4 years for a draft to really make its impact. Sherman's bad picks are making their presences (not) felt right now. Just because Sherman had winning seasons doesn't mean that the team wasn't in a decline in the meantime. Face it, Thompson inherited a mess that was running on fumes. Building through the draft, which is how Thompson built the Seahawks (hey, didn't they go to the Super Bowl last year?) takes time. He's not going to fix it in one, two, or three years. Year four is when we really see what Thompson's impact on the team is.

The lack of talent on the team is Sherman's fault, not Thompson's. If the team sucks in four years, then it's Thompson's fault.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score

ahaug82 said:
pyledriver80 said:
PackerLegend said:
It started when we let are 2 all pro gaurds go. Then we didnt give Javon his money and Sherman and his gm duties left us with Robert Ferguson instead of Chris Chambers! Wait it gets better we also have Ahmad Carroll instead of CHRIS GAMBLE. AND THE BEST OF ALL WE PICKED JAMAL F***ING REYLONDS IN 2001 THE 10TH PICK OVER Wow

#11 Dan Morgan
#13 Marcus Stroud
#16 Santana Moss
Steve Hutchinson
Casey Hampton
Nate Clements
Deuce McAllister
Reggie Wayne
Todd Heap
Drew Brees
Alge Crumpler
Chad Johnson

There are more but i think if i go on i will start to cry Thanks to sherman he has drove the packers into the ground with his drafting but no lets thank sherman because he let us have some winning seasons but after that make it no where because of him we have lost of time of becoming SB champs and now we are going to have to face the facts and wait probably 4-5 years before we can become contenders again

Are you kidding me. This is TT's team and it stinks. When TT came in we were a playoff team and now we stink. Blaming this on Jamal Reynolds is laughable. TT is awful, time for him to face the music!

Are you freaking kidding me?!?!? Sherman's drafts are exactly the reason why the Packers aren't very good now. If he wasn't so incredibly horrible at drafting, we would have better players. Replace Ferguson with Chambers. That's a huge upgrade. Replace Carroll with Gamble and you have a great cornerback instead of a hothead with bad coverage skills. Replace Jamal Reynolds with Marcus Stroud and you have a Pro Bowl DT instead of a colossal bust DE. This goes for all rounds of the draft. Does this not make sense to you!?!? It takes 3-4 years for a draft to really make its impact. Sherman's bad picks are making their presences (not) felt right now. Just because Sherman had winning seasons doesn't mean that the team wasn't in a decline in the meantime. Face it, Thompson inherited a mess that was running on fumes. Building through the draft, which is how Thompson built the Seahawks (hey, didn't they go to the Super Bowl last year?) takes time. He's not going to fix it in one, two, or three years. Year four is when we really see what Thompson's impact on the team is.

The lack of talent on the team is Sherman's fault, not Thompson's. If the team sucks in four years, then it's Thompson's fault.

Thompson built the Seahawks huh, I just quit reading after that ridiculous statement.

TT's team, he has money, 26-0, End of STORY!

WhiteWhaleHolyGrail

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The preseason and this game spotlight how massive an error Ted Thompson made by firing last year's coaching staff. Sherman was a solid, winning coach and by firing him we also lost a great coach in Jim Bates. Sherman did a great job keeping the team competitive last year with all the injuries. So instead of giving him another shot with a healthy team, he's fired and Thompson hires the offensive coordinator from one of the worst offenses in NFL history. I thought it was unfair what he did to Sherman, which made it more frustrating to watch today's embarrasment.

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score

pyledriver80 said:
Thompson built the Seahawks huh, I just quit reading after that ridiculous statement.

TT's team, he has money, 26-0, End of STORY!

You're right, Thompson must have spent his years as the vice president of football operations in Seattle just sitting on his ***.

Your inability to comprehend my post is completely astounding by the way.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score

So who is building this team? TT was with the Packers last year. He left and Seattle goes to the Super Bowl.

It's like saying the Director of Parking at Hines Field was responsible for the Steelers winning the SB.

He was only a part of it. He obviously must have not been the "BRAINS" behind it judging by his 4-12 campaign last year and this years WONDERFUL start

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score

pyledriver80 said:
So who is building this team? TT was with the Packers last year. He left and Seattle goes to the Super Bowl.

It's like saying the Director of Parking at Hines Field was responsible for the Steelers winning the SB.

He was only a part of it. He obviously must have not been the "BRAINS" behind it judging by his 4-12 campaign last year and this years WONDERFUL start

Wow. Just...wow. It's very hard to argue with someone when the other guy can't even understand what you're saying. Maybe caps will help?

THOMPSON DRAFTED THE GUYS THAT ARE IN SEATTLE. Whether or not Thompson was there when they went to the Super Bowl doesn't change the fact that HE BROUGHT THEM ONTO THE TEAM IN THE FIRST PLACE. The exact same thing is true for Sherman. The guys he drafted weren't very good for the most part. That has a huge effect down the road. Expecting Thompson to just come in and fix the mess that Sherman left in one year is very unrealistic.

And saying that "It's like saying the Director of Parking at Hines Field was responsible for the Steelers winning the SB." is like saying that the Director of Parking is equal to the GM who built the team. Nice try though. Well, not really.

Thompson's brains had nothing to do with last year or this year. We'll see what Thompson's brains are like 4 years from now. DRAFTS TAKE TIME TO MAKE THEIR IMPACT!!

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score

ahaug82 said:
pyledriver80 said:

Wow. Just...wow. It's very hard to argue with someone when the other guy can't even understand what you're saying. Maybe caps will help?

THOMPSON DRAFTED THE GUYS THAT ARE IN SEATTLE. Whether or not Thompson was there when they went to the Super Bowl doesn't change the fact that HE BROUGHT THEM ONTO THE TEAM IN THE FIRST PLACE. The exact same thing is true for Sherman. The guys he drafted weren't very good for the most part. That has a huge effect down the road. Expecting Thompson to just come in and fix the mess that Sherman left in one year is very unrealistic.

And saying that "It's like saying the Director of Parking at Hines Field was responsible for the Steelers winning the SB." is like saying that the Director of Parking is equal to the GM who built the team. Nice try though. Well, not really.

So does the GM Draft or the Vice President of Operations?

Check your facts friend. Ted Thompson did NOT draft in Seattle. He had only a say, as did other people, sorry.

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score

pyledriver80 said:

Check your facts friend. Ted Thompson did NOT draft in Seattle. He had only a say, as did other people, sorry.

Ok, he didn't have 100% of the say, but he was a huge influence. Whether or not he had full authority in Seattle is irrelevant. That's not my point. My point is that DRAFTS TAKE TIME TO MAKE THEIR IMPACT!!! Sherman's drafts are now making their impact and Thompson has to fix it. It's not that hard of a concept, really.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score

ahaug82 said:
pyledriver80 said:

Ok, he didn't have 100% of the say, but he was a huge influence. Whether or not he had full authority in Seattle is irrelevant. That's not my point. My point is that DRAFTS TAKE TIME TO MAKE THEIR IMPACT!!! Sherman's drafts are now making their impact and Thompson has to fix it. It's not that hard of a concept, really.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score

pyledriver80 said:
edking said:
TT sucks.

Face it.

Agreed!

Wow. You guys just can't see the big picture can you? You fail.

I'm not a TT lover, I just understand that he needs time to do his job. If this team sucks in 4 or 5 years, then it's time to call for TT's head. Right now it's time for TT to build through to draft. He's not going to fix Sherman's mess in 1 or 2 years. If you can't understand that, then I feel for you, I really do.

DRAFTS TAKE TIME TO MAKE THEIR IMPACT!! :p

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score

ahaug82 said:
pyledriver80 said:
edking said:
TT sucks.

Face it.

Agreed!

I'm not a TT lover, I just understand that he needs time to do his job. If this team sucks in 4 or 5 years, then it's time to call for TT's head. Right now it's time for TT to build through to draft. He's not going to fix Sherman's mess in 1 or 2 years. If you can't understand that, then I feel for you, I really do.

Yeah and then we rebuild for another 5 years and then welcome to the 80'S!

Either your rebuilding or not! If that was TT's plan than why didn't hegive #4 the respect of telling him. Instead TT says he wants him back, brings in an aging Woodson, for tons of money, and now you want to say he's rebuilding. Makes no sense, sorry

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score

pyledriver80 said:
Yeah and then we rebuild for another 5 years and then welcome to the 80'S!

Either your rebuilding or not! If that was TT's plan than why didn't hegive #4 the respect of telling him. Instead TT says he wants him back, brings in an aging Woodson, for tons of money, and now you want to say he's rebuilding. Makes no sense, sorry

He still wants to win games. What's not to understand?

He wants to win games, but it's going to take time to really build the team. Just because you're rebuilding doesn't mean you have to give up all hope and try to lose every game.

Yeah, the team we have is the team that TT put together. Yeah, the team isn't very good. That doesn't mean that TT sucks. It just means that TT took over a bad team and isn't done fixing it yet. If the team still sucks when TT has had enough time to fix it, then it means that TT sucks. :wink:

I'm not saying that TT is good, I'm saying that we don't know if TT is good or not. We don't have enough information yet. We will know in a few years. He's innocent until proven guilty. :p

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score

ahaug82 said:
Yeah, the team we have is the team that TT put together. Yeah, the team isn't very good. That doesn't mean that TT sucks. It just means that TT took over a bad team and isn't done fixing it yet.

TT took over a 10-6 playoff team.......sorry

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score

pyledriver80 said:
ahaug82 said:
Yeah, the team we have is the team that TT put together. Yeah, the team isn't very good. That doesn't mean that TT sucks. It just means that TT took over a bad team and isn't done fixing it yet.

OK, I can't do this anymore. It's like arguing with a brick wall. You obviously don't get what I'm saying. End of discussion. G'night!! :wink:

Try reading my posts again. If you don't get what I'm saying after re-reading them then I wasted a lot of time typing them up.

I will say this: Good teams are good because they draft well. Sherman didn't draft well. Ponder that one for a while.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

ahaug82 said:
I will say this: good teams draft well. Sherman didn't draft well. Ponder that one for a while.

Excellent point. Let's hope Ted's drafting has a huge upside. After this game it looks like he will have early pickings next year too :(

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score

ahaug82 said:
pyledriver80 said:
ahaug82 said:

OK, I can't do this anymore. It's like arguing with a brick wall. You obviously don't get what I'm saying. End of discussion. G'night!! :wink:

Try reading my posts again. If you don't get what I'm saying after re-reading them then I wasted a lot of time typing them up.

I will say this: Good teams are good because they draft well. Sherman didn't draft well. Ponder that one for a while.

Sherman's team had winning records, made the playoffs and never got shutout - Ponder that for awhile

Aytumious

Cheesehead
Reaction score

pyledriver80 said:
ahaug82 said:
pyledriver80 said:
ahaug82 said:

Sherman's team had winning records, made the playoffs and never got shutout - Ponder that for awhile

And he won all those games because of the great team Wolf left him.

smlutz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Lets face it guys, usually with GM's their third season is the big year. I think we're still going through some major rebuilding, but I think we will win more games than the so called experts think. Have a good draft next year and explode in 2007.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score

ahaug82 said:
pyledriver80 said:
edking said:
TT sucks.

Face it.

Agreed!

Vision is not acceptable in this forum! Some of these guys deal with the Machievellian rules of final scores only! The patience of Job is not evident here.

Nice post!

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

i'm not sure if it's impatience, dakota. these guys just demand alot from the team/coaches/gm - i don't really see anything wrong with that.

that being said, i'm not ready to throw TT outta town today but this is the team he created, the coach he hired, the draft picks he made, etc...

i'd love to see him prove us wrong & think that one more season should do it - either way!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts