David Pollack/Justin Tuck

Phlub

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers greatest need is at DE.

And I'm a believer that Nall is the QB of the future. We need a DE and David Pollack (Georgia) is the best DE in the draft. The kid just destroyed the Badgers yesterday. And had 12.5 sacks on the season.

Imagine how many sacks KGB (who had 13.5 this year) could have with Pollack on the other side of him!

But the Packers typically don't draft "known" players and like to pull some surprises in their 1st round choices.

Justin Tuck from Notre Dame is basically a carbon copy of KGB. He's 6'2", 261 lbs. and runs a 4.58 forty yard dash.

Erasmus James (Wisconsin) or Matt Roth (Iowa) are also possiblities.

I could honestly care less about the rest of this season I'm so disillusioned with our defense. I want a legit Pass Rushing DE opposite KGB.

And Nick Barnett could also use some help from the big horses up front, because I believe Barnett already is one of the 5 best linebackers in all of the NFL, and could be even better with some help up front to keep O-Lineman off of him and let Nick roam free.

slackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Isn't Polluck a little small for an NFL DE? He looks more like a LB to me? If he could play OLB behind KGB, GB would have a nice 1-2 punch they could stunt w/? I haven't seen Roth play, but I've herd he's the most NFL ready DE of the bunch? Anyone have the #s on this guy?

packer4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
slackerbacker Matt Roth is ready for the NFL he will spice up any D line in the league 6-4" 280 pounds over 50 tackles this year 8 solo sacks for a total loss of 55 yards and he runs a 4.7 40. I would love to see him in Green Bay next year we could use him. This guy is intense. I'm sure he'll go in the top 20 of the first round.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aren't those guys goiong pretty early in the Draft?
Exactly where will the Packers number come up?
And, specifically "how much" to spend for the Draft?

Let's think about this...

The only "real options" the Packers will have this coming year, are gonna be with the FA's and RFA's and URFA's.....
There's NO WAY the "prime beef" in this year's upcoming (weak) Draft, that the Packers are get anywhere near "any" of those guys... NONE. And, hopefully, they won't WASTE two draft picks this time around for a stage-fright inhibited Kicker...

Sherman has squandered quite a few draft picks in the last four years...
It is, decidedly, NOT his strong suit.

The Packers will NEED to focus on other resources for the Team.

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
roth is just a beast but we can all sit here and pray for roth and james and pollack and my pick of dj (texas lber) but we all know that the pack will be on the clock and pick someone that isn't even on the radar. can we let the lions pick for us? roy, kj and teddy lehman in one draft??? we're lucky to get 3 good players in 5 years. we have a realistic shot and marlon jackson and ernest shazor though.

OP
OP
P

Phlub

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nick Barnett, Javon Walker, Ahmad Carroll, Najeh Davenport, Craig Nall, Aaron Kampman, Tony Fisher, Kevin Barry, Paris Lenon, James Lee, Scott Wells are all part of those "horrible" late pick class of Shermans.

Especially Barnett and Walker what busts they were (yeah right)

Pollack is NFL size for a DE, he's 276 and has had 12.5 sacks. He's the best DE in the country and Erasmus James and Mathias Kiwanuka are both ranked ahead of him on everybodys draft boards.

I'd look for Pollack to be available when the Packers pick at #24. Of course though the Packers have a history of taking so called "2nd or 3rd round talent" in the first round and the players always turn out to be spectacular picks like Barnett and Walker have been.

So lay off Sherman guys when it comes to drafting.

spartanpele

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pollack

I wouldn't draft Pollack. Although he made the Badgers look silly at times, he also struggled at times when stuffed at the line. In my opinion the guy looks more like a LB then a DE. I don't think DE is the problem with the Pack, its the DT position. We need another reliable run stuffer, not another undersized, pesky pass rusher. We have plenty of those already... As for James, I wouldn't go after him. Although I'm a huge Badger fan, I have to question his durability after last year and this year. I think he's another Wendall Bryant...nothing too special once in the pros. The person who impressed me from the Georgia/Wis game was that big tight end...wow...pretty big kid with a lot of speed. Imagine teaming him opposite Franks for a two TE set. (Remember Jackson-Chumura days?)

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bubba's on the way out... Ben Steele will be the TE for the future!

Watch for it! And, yeah, Steele could use the help - I'd luv to see the Packers bring back the use of their Tight-Ends like they did all the time with Chewy.. THAT was probably Favre's favorite "go-to" guy... Rossley barely ever tries to use crossing route schemes, or screens... etc! 'course, he's an ID-10-T compared to Sherm Lewis!

DefenseWinsCliche

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've watched just about every game David Pollack has played and I think he's definately good enough and hustles enough to play DE in the NFL. But I have a feeling he'll wind up as a OLB in a 3-4 Defense like Suggs.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A friend posted this on MY web site.....

===============================

....kind of hoping 'Rasmus James (University of Wisconsin) could kinda sneak in at a low 1st round or high 2nd round slot and Green Bay could swipe him. No such luck. Mel Kiper has him ranked 6th in the nation now. BUMMER! Having watched him for the last 2 years, I STILL believe the PACK should give a 1st round this year AND a first next year to move up. Surely SF, Miami, Clevland, Chicago, or TB would LOVE an extra 1st rounder in 2006.

===============================

So, there you have the Packers chances with a good ol' boy from the home turf....

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Phlub said:
Nick Barnett, Javon Walker, Ahmad Carroll, Najeh Davenport, Craig Nall, Aaron Kampman, Tony Fisher, Kevin Barry, Paris Lenon, James Lee, Scott Wells are all part of those "horrible" late pick class of Shermans.

Especially Barnett and Walker what busts they were (yeah right)

Of course though the Packers have a history of taking so called "2nd or 3rd round talent" in the first round and the players always turn out to be spectacular picks like Barnett and Walker have been.

So lay off Sherman guys when it comes to drafting.

is this in response to my post? if so, i didn't say anything about horrible late rd picks. but if we're on the subject....barnett, walker and carroll were all first rd picks not late picks. i believe fisher, barry and lenon all came to gb thru FA so that would leave them out. if we were gonna brag about late picks, we should throw in tauscher.

and as far as 2nd or 3rd rd talent that ALWAYS turns out to be spectacular picks, need i say more than jamal reynolds? you have to admit that most of wolf's picks were right on the money and sherm is hit or miss at best. who the hell spends an early pick on a punter and then he stays on the team but doesn't play?

Bettie_Page

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mike Sherman will pull the trigger and draft a DE like:
Walter Curry Albany State 6-4 270 or
Lennard Patton Grambling 6-4 280.

If he drafts a DT it may be:
Brian Godfrey Slippery Rock 6-3 300 or
Marcus White Murray State 6-5 285

Sherman just doesn't draft name players.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Members online

Latest posts