david carr

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
How about this option?

Trade our #1 (16) to Oakland for Moss and their #2 (33). You can still pick up one of the 2nd round RBs there.

Trade our 2nd round pick (47) for Carr. They have no 2nd round picks since trading for Schaub. If need be, add Rodgers to make the deal.

he's owed $11.5 million over two years

http://www.rotowire.com/roto_to_gnews.htm?ID=121509&sport=nfl

If I were Carr I would be a ***** and refuse to re-do my deal no matter who wants me

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackFanInSC said:
How about this option?

Trade our #1 (16) to Oakland for Moss and their #2 (33). You can still pick up one of the 2nd round RBs there.

Trade our 2nd round pick (47) for Carr. They have no 2nd round picks since trading for Schaub. If need be, add Rodgers to make the deal.

he's owed $11.5 million over two years

http://www.rotowire.com/roto_to_gnews.htm?ID=121509&sport=nfl

If I were Carr I would be a ***** and refuse to re-do my deal no matter who wants me

Especially if no one wants you!!!! :rotflmao: :beersign:

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Getting David Carr doesn't make sense.

In addition, I thought some of you guys were complaining about
ONE Jeff Tedford prodigy...Aaron Rodgers.

David Carr is another Tedford prodigy.

Would you want *gasp* TWO Tedford offspring in Green Bay?

The Tedford CURSE times two! ooooooh...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
How about this for a rumor??

Moss will be traded to Green Bay for a player and a 4th round pick.

GB's 4th Round pick to Oakland will go to the Texans for David Carr.

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Oakland could very easily trade that 4th pick to Houston and keep Randy Moss and get David Carr in the process.

The thing is..NO ONE is interested in trading for David Carr because Houston is expected to release him soon. He can't be used in a trade scenario
for Moss in a 3 way team deal because 1)Oakland doesn't need GB to get Carr 2)Carr has no trade value.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
longtimefan said:

Oakland could very easily trade that 4th pick to Houston and keep Randy Moss and get David Carr in the process.

The thing is..NO ONE is interested in trading for David Carr because Houston is expected to release him soon. He can't be used in a trade scenario
for Moss in a 3 way team deal because 1)Oakland doesn't need GB to get Carr 2)Carr has no trade value.

www.kffl.com/hotw

Texans | Carr to be traded
Thu, 22 Mar 2007 10:52:49 -0700

ESPNews reports Houston Texans general manager Rick Smith said that QB David Carr will be traded as soon as Thursday, March 22.

~~

There was speculation that Miami was the team that he was going to...But not sure why it fell thruough

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Carr goes to Miami whether it's a trade or after he's released than Culpepper is history with the 'fins.

He would more than likely end up in Oakland. The only other team out there is the Vikes and Pepper is not going back there for sure.

If, in fact, Oakland passes on both Carr and Culpepper you know they are holding tight for Russell. If they pass on these two vets for the rookie I would be willing to bet Moss makes things even harder over there in Oakville.

If the coach the Raiders had last year couldn't get right with Moss this rookie coach doesn't have a chance. I can imagine how Al's conversation with Moss would go:
"Well I know you didn't like how things went here last year so we made some changes and we're bringing in a rookie coach and a rookie QB for you to work with." "How does that sound?"

Being in a three way call on this would be priceless.

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cal2GreenBay said:
longtimefan said:

www.kffl.com/hotw

Texans | Carr to be traded
Thu, 22 Mar 2007 10:52:49 -0700

ESPNews reports Houston Texans general manager Rick Smith said that QB David Carr will be traded as soon as Thursday, March 22.

~~

There was speculation that Miami was the team that he was going to...But not sure why it fell thruough

Read Adam Shefter's review on NFL.com

The reason the deal is running through is that teams realize they don't have to give anything up and can just wait till Houston releases him.

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Carr goes to Miami whether it's a trade or after he's released than Culpepper is history with the 'fins.

He would more than likely end up in Oakland. The only other team out there is the Vikes and Pepper is not going back there for sure.

If, in fact, Oakland passes on both Carr and Culpepper you know they are holding tight for Russell. If they pass on these two vets for the rookie I would be willing to bet Moss makes things even harder over there in Oakville.

If the coach the Raiders had last year couldn't get right with Moss this rookie coach doesn't have a chance. I can imagine how Al's conversation with Moss would go:
"Well I know you didn't like how things went here last year so we made some changes and we're bringing in a rookie coach and a rookie QB for you to work with." "How does that sound?"

"OAKVILLE" OMG...never heard the city being called that...

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Alot of talkabout Carr going to the Vikings

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The reason a team might make a trade is to make sure they get him and don't get into a bidding war and lose him to someone else. As with Carr, the 3 way trade makes sense so that Oakland would be assured of getting him and getting rid of Moss. If Texas wanted Moss I am sure that a straight up trade could be made. However that doesn't seem to be happening.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:

Alot of talkabout Carr going to the Vikings

I just read an article quoting the Vikes coach saying no thanks to Carr. He doesen't like his delivery and says there are certain throws he can make and some he can't. Very strongly worded as a NO WAY deal for the Vikes.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Yes, no one wanted to pick up his salary that is left, and if I am David... why not pick where I want to go instead of redoing my deal so the Texans can benefit by trading me. Predictable, and that is the same issue that the Raider will have with Moss. No one with want that salary, and if he doesn't want to restructure, they are not going to want to trade for him.

Carr being cut was a given, unless Carr wanted to go there.