david carr

PackerGeek

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The other aspect that should be considered is his leadership. He has certainly been on a team that's building (or Rebuilding) and that's a quality your going to need when Brett leaves.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The other aspect that should be considered is his leadership. He has certainly been on a team that's building (or Rebuilding) and that's a quality your going to need when Brett leaves.
Another good point here!
He has expierience there. Plus, cause he hasn't had a good O-line, he just might flourish if he has a team that can give him some protection. Considering what he has had to work with so far, he did pretty good. Imagine if he has a GOOD protection what he might be able to do? Rodgers hasn't had much NFL expierience, where Carr has.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the guy should be given a medal. He's been sacked more than 10 acres of potatoes the last few years and still puts up decent numbers.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I kinda go with Porky on this one. Raiders grab Carr, and draft Johnson.

Certainly sends every teams' draft boards tumbling, should this occur.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think Carr can be a solid QB playing with a good team. I wouldn't mind him being brought in to compete with Rodgers for the backup spot. However he would have to come cheap. Like for a late round draft pick.

I also think it's possible that the Raiders land David Carr and then draft Calvin Johnson #1 overall. Making it more likely they trade or cut Randy Moss. Just throwing that theory out there. I remember hearing Oakland liked David Carr. I'm not sure where nor can I remember I just remember hearing that. :)

New "rumor" is saying Moss for Carr

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
I think Carr can be a solid QB playing with a good team. I wouldn't mind him being brought in to compete with Rodgers for the backup spot. However he would have to come cheap. Like for a late round draft pick.

I also think it's possible that the Raiders land David Carr and then draft Calvin Johnson #1 overall. Making it more likely they trade or cut Randy Moss. Just throwing that theory out there. I remember hearing Oakland liked David Carr. I'm not sure where nor can I remember I just remember hearing that. :)

New "Rumor" I heard was Rodgers for Carr. Maybe Ted could get them to throw in Gado as well. :rotflmao: (Just Kidding)

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:

This seems likely to me. With the Texans getting Schaub, Carr is expendable and it gives the Raiders a QB who has experience which is more than GB can give them. The Raiders than can replace Moss with Johnson. It seems to be a very logical deal for both sides.

I can't see the Packers giving up to much draft pick wise to compete with this, especially with the way TT thinks.

Chevelle2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
porky88 said:

This seems likely to me. With the Texans getting Schaub, Carr is expendable and it gives the Raiders a QB who has experience which is more than GB can give them. The Raiders than can replace Moss with Johnson. It seems to be a very logical deal for both sides.

I can't see the Packers giving up to much draft pick wise to compete with this, especially with the way TT thinks.

it seems logical, until you speculate on how much $ each team has, anyone know? plus, why the hell would randy wanna play in hou? with an unproven qb, itd be just like his situation in oak...jmo

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
longtimefan said:
porky88 said:

it seems logical, until you speculate on how much $ each team has, anyone know? plus, why the hell would randy wanna play in hou? with an unproven qb, itd be just like his situation in oak...jmo

First off Randy does not have a choice, he is not a FA. Secondly, the Packers are going to be in the same situation as Houston after this year.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chevelle2 said:
pyledriver80 said:
longtimefan said:
porky88 said:

First off Randy does not have a choice, he is not a FA. Secondly, the Packers are going to be in the same situation as Houston after this year.

Didn't Favre retire like 4 years ago? Seems like people speculate every year. I could see him playing 2 more years just as I could've seen him retire after last year.

I can't see the Raiders trading Moss for Carr and I can't see the Texans wanting Moss. Also Moss can refuse to restructure and that would probably stop anybody from making a trade with the Raiders for him so he does have some leverage. Eventually like the Steelers did with Joey Porter, Houston is going to end up releasing David Carr. I honestly doubt anyone gives what the Texans want for him and right now that appears to be a Day 1 pick.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Moss for Carr might =

GB and Oakland doing their thing with getting Moss here...

Then Oakland in turns gives the Texans one of the Picks GB sent for Moss..

Then Texans send Carr to Oakland

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Chevelle2 said:
pyledriver80 said:
longtimefan said:
porky88 said:

Didn't Favre retire like 4 years ago? Seems like people speculate every year. I could see him playing 2 more years just as I could've seen him retire after last year.

I can't see the Raiders trading Moss for Carr and I can't see the Texans wanting Moss. Also Moss can refuse to restructure and that would probably stop anybody from making a trade with the Raiders for him so he does have some leverage. Eventually like the Steelers did with Joey Porter, Houston is going to end up releasing David Carr. I honestly doubt anyone gives what the Texans want for him and right now that appears to be a Day 1 pick.

Why would the Texans not want Moss?

The point is the Texans have more available to give the Raiders than we do, or are probably willing to part with.

Moss for Carr might =

Yeah, except I don't if this works if we are unwilling to trade our first rounder

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
porky88 said:
pyledriver80 said:
Chevelle2 said:
pyledriver80 said:
longtimefan said:
porky88 said:

The point is the Texans have more available to give the Raiders than we do, or are probably willing to part with.

Moss for Carr might =

Yeah, except I don't if this works if we are unwilling to trade our first rounder

Think you left out KNOW..

So if you dont know if it will work if the Pack have to give up a 1st rounder??

I am not so sure it will come down to a 1st rounder at all..

But we will have to wait and see..

With as little f/a activity there is with the Pack, this sure has been a interesting offseason

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
porky88 said:
pyledriver80 said:
Chevelle2 said:
pyledriver80 said:
longtimefan said:
porky88 said:

Moss for Carr might =

Think you left out KNOW..

So if you dont know if it will work if the Pack have to give up a 1st rounder??

I am not so sure it will come down to a 1st rounder at all..

But we will have to wait and see..

With as little f/a activity there is with the Pack, this sure has been a interesting offseason

Well if its true the Houston wants a 1st rounder for Carr Oakland would have to aquire our first in your scenario

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
who said gb would give up a first????

If it is true that Houston wants a 1st for Carr then the only way the scenario that Longtime mentioned works out is if GB givesthe Raiders another 1st rounder, unless you think they are coming off #1

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Kubiak doesn't seem like a coach that would be willing to take on a guy like Randy Moss. I believe the only reason why the Packers would consider Moss is because of Brett Favre. I do think that only a handful of teams even consider a guy like Moss or Owens.

Why would the Raiders want David Carr for Randy Moss? Just so they can take Calvin Johnson? They don't need an excuse to not take Jamarcus Russell. They can wait for Carr to get cut or they can just take Johnson regardless of whether or not they bring in another QB. In fact I would take Johnson even if I had to go with Walter or a QB in round 2. Either way nothing has been confirmed on this type of deal and it'd take a lot more than David Carr to get Randy Moss out of Oakland and the Texans already lost one Day 1 pick.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:

Kubiak doesn't seem like a coach that would be willing to take on a guy like Randy Moss. I believe the only reason why the Packers would consider Moss is because of Brett Favre. I do think that only a handful of teams even consider a guy like Moss or Owens.

Why would the Raiders want David Carr for Randy Moss? Just so they can take Calvin Johnson? They don't need an excuse to not take Jamarcus Russell. They can wait for Carr to get cut or they can just take Johnson regardless of whether or not they bring in another QB. In fact I would take Johnson even if I had to go with Walter or a QB in round 2. Either way nothing has been confirmed on this type of deal and it'd take a lot more than David Carr to get Randy Moss out of Oakland and the Texans already lost one Day 1 pick.

I would do it if I was Oakland and definitely if I was Houston. You fill two needs with 1 move. You get a QB and the best WR on the board.

However, I was just commenting on Longtime's scenario.

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about this option?

Trade our #1 (16) to Oakland for Moss and their #2 (33). You can still pick up one of the 2nd round RBs there.

Trade our 2nd round pick (47) for Carr. They have no 2nd round picks since trading for Schaub. If need be, add Rodgers to make the deal.

OregonPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our #16 is worth more than Moss and their second.

However

Swap first round picks with San Diego for Michael Turner
Pick Robert Meachem

Members online

Latest posts