Davante Adams

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I liked Zeke! He had no problem playing behind Starr, and being ready, when needed. On December 26, 1965, I was in Lambeau Field watching the Packers play the Colts in the NFC playoff game. It went into sudden death OT. Starr was injured early, as the Colts built up a 10-0 lead during the first half. During the second half, Zeke engineered a TD drive, and a last minute drive for a FG to tie the score, driving the game into OT. In OT, he engineered the drive that got them in range for the game winning FG by Chandler. No doubt, Chandler and Zeke proved to everyone, exactly why they were on the roster.

Having been there, I became a fan of Zeke til the day he died. He was, and still is, my "Super Sub" QB.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Davante Adams heard the chatter that AR makes WR's and took offense to that. His efficiency went way down (180 targets, 100 receptions) but that's the system/QB not necessarily him. https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...s-last-year-proved-i-dont-need-aaron-rodgers/

Hard to disagree with him, well done Davante.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

2022 was the first season in his career, that Davante played all the games on the schedule. I can't say that I watched him play even a down, but impressive numbers. Derek Carr is also a better QB than some will give him credit for. Smart move by the Saints to sign him.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Derek Carr is more a victim of poor decision making on the sideline and front office. They needed someone to blame for their bad choices. I think he's going to look pretty good with the Saints.

Reaction score
Just happened to click to see when this threads firsts posts hit. It’s hilarious reading earlier comments on Davante.

It’s really a good example of how poor it looks to write someone off before they are given opportunity to showcase their talent.
Jarrett Boykin 2.0 my derrière

D

Deleted member 6794

Davante Adams heard the chatter that AR makes WR's and took offense to that. His efficiency went way down (180 targets, 100 receptions) but that's the system/QB not necessarily him. https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...s-last-year-proved-i-dont-need-aaron-rodgers/

Hard to disagree with him, well done Davante.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

There's no doubt Adams was still able to put up impressive numbers without Rodgers throwing him the ball. It's still interesting that his catch percentage dropped by 11.1% compared to when #12 targeted him.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's no doubt Adams was still able to put up impressive numbers without Rodgers throwing him the ball. It's still interesting that his catch percentage dropped by 11.1% compared to when #12 targeted him.

Truthfully I expected it to dip but over 10% was more than I'd have bet. I figured his catch percentage would drop around 5-7% or so just due to all the history and nuance he and Rodgers had developed which of course was no longer there.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Catch percentage doesn't necessarily relate to the player's ability to catch the ball. That figure can drop significantly if the QB throws you "into coverage." I've watched too many QBs who have that problem. I've also watched a lot of coaches set their routes in a way that puts them in harm's way quite often. One of the worst routes is the short, across the middle route, where it's all too easy for a LB to get into position to put a hard whack on the receiver just as the ball touches their hands. It's very difficult hanging onto that ball, and it's counted as a missed chance in the stats. Often, it's even counted as a drop, when it probably shouldn't be.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Davante is perhaps experiencing buyer's remorse:

Davante Adams sounds like he regrets Raiders trade

Adams doesn't sound convinced by the Raiders' offseason moves.

"[The front office] think this is the best bet for us right now to put us in a position to be urgent," Adams said in an interview with The Ringer. "We don't see eye-to-eye on what we think is best for us right now."

"If we play a certain brand of ball, I can get [Garoppolo] to conform to whatever. But if we use him a certain type of way, then it's going to make it tough for us to maximize who we should be this year," said Adams.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Truthfully I expected it to dip but over 10% was more than I'd have bet. I figured his catch percentage would drop around 5-7% or so just due to all the history and nuance he and Rodgers had developed which of course was no longer there.
Although his catch percentage dropped his yards/reception was 2-3 yds longer than most of his seasons in GB. His role & play calling were different than in GB which was to be expected. Not sure if that'll be the case with Jimmy G throwing to him, but we'll see.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Although his catch percentage dropped his yards/reception was 2-3 yds longer than most of his seasons in GB. His role & play calling were different than in GB which was to be expected. Not sure if that'll be the case with Jimmy G throwing to him, but we'll see.

I haven't looked into it but if his depth or typical target distance also increased as I'd assume since his yards/rec did - that also would yield a typically lower percentage of completion rating - something many of you have seen me provide tons of statistical history for when folks were crucifying MVS for lower percentage.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Davante is perhaps experiencing buyer's remorse:

Davante Adams sounds like he regrets Raiders trade

Adams doesn't sound convinced by the Raiders' offseason moves.

"[The front office] think this is the best bet for us right now to put us in a position to be urgent," Adams said in an interview with The Ringer. "We don't see eye-to-eye on what we think is best for us right now."

"If we play a certain brand of ball, I can get [Garoppolo] to conform to whatever. But if we use him a certain type of way, then it's going to make it tough for us to maximize who we should be this year," said Adams.

Kind of surprising that Davante couldn't see that Carr's time in Vegas was coming to an end, before Adams joined the Raiders. One year and he is already making waves, won't be shocked to see his Vegas stop end, whenever the Raiders can get out from underneath his contract.

Reaction score
Kind of surprising that Davante couldn't see that Carr's time in Vegas was coming to an end, before Adams joined the Raiders. One year and he is already making waves, won't be shocked to see his Vegas stop end, whenever the Raiders can get out from underneath his contract.
I loved having Davante for a time. I proudly watched him play live in his Rookie Home opener against the Jets in 2014. I told my older brother and his group of friends he was going to be special during his first game. There’s something about watching a player live that you don’t quite get from television. He didn’t necessarily tear up the field that day, but he was consistent and he just moved around like an established Pro.

That said. Its my view that he was in an alliance with several other players and Rodgers had his ear. Once your allegiance goes to a couple of employee friends over your Employer it becomes harmful to the greater cause. This will be a tough thing to hear for the young guys who demonize Employers and any Authoritative entity in general.

I know my position is likely in a minority on Adams and that’s fine, once I align with societies position then I 100% know I’m altogether lost, so I consider being in the minority a compliment. I’m glad we didn’t sign Davante Adams to a $141.25mil deal. We learned our hard lesson with the broken Eggs in our Bakhtiari basket and it likely cost us a trip to a SB or another Lombardi trophy. No thank you.

Take the balanced approach and spread resources with lots of high potential guys that want to showcase. Keisean Nixon and Devondre Campbell are wonderful examples of guys (albeit at a different position group) who work their tails off and then reciprocate loyalty to team. Give me 4-5 of those types over 1 Davante who is only 95% in at 120% the cost. I’m more happy for his family that’s more important anyways. I respect that part of his equation.

Last edited:

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I loved having Davante for a time. I proudly watched him live in his Home opener against the Jets in 2014. I told my older brother and his group of friends he was going to be special during his first game. There’s something about watching a player live that you don’t quite get from television. He didn’t necessarily tear up the field that day, but he was consistent and he just moved around like an established Pro.

That said. Its my view that he was in an alliance with several other players and Rodgers had his ear. Once your allegiance goes to a couple of employee friends over your Employer it becomes harmful to the greater cause.

I know my position is likely in a minority on Adams and that’s fine, once I align with societies then I 100% know I’m altogether lost. I’m glad we didn’t sign Davante Adams to a $141.25mil deal. We learned our hard lesson with the broken Eggs in our Bakhtiari basket and it likely cost us a trip to a SB or another Lombardi trophy. No thank you.

Take the balanced approach and spread resources with lots of high potential guys that want to showcase. Keisean Nixon and Devondre Campbell are wonderful examples of guys (albeit at a different position group) who work their tails off and then reciprocate loyalty to team. Give me 4-5 of those types over 1 Davante who is only 95% in at 120% the cost. I’m more happy for his family that’s more important anyways.
Interesting thoughts. There's a lot of truth to problems developing within any organization when there's elitist groups being formed.

To some, they may see it as a union, but a union encompasses everyone, not just the chosen few.

Reaction score
Interesting thoughts. There's a lot of truth to problems developing within any organization when there's elitist groups being formed.

To some, they may see it as a union, but a union encompasses everyone, not just the chosen few.
The principle beginnings of our great Country is a great example of that. The dedicated input of the whole is greater than the best that any one individual can muster.
I just want to get back to focus on team, but I know that’s considered Oldschool :)

Last edited:

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Might be thinking about life in the Big Easy with Derek Carr, or reunite with Aaron in New York. Or maybe he's California Dreamin', a little closer to home for him.

Or chasing a ring in Philly or KC? A lot of places seem to make more sense for Davante than Las Vegas right now.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I do believe that the timing of trading Davante couldn't have been better. The Packers getting a 1st and 2nd rounder for him, as well as avoiding a BIG contract to try and keep him, will continue to pay dividends. Add to it that Davante did not want to stay in Green Bay and it was a great move by the Packers.

Reaction score
I do believe that the timing of trading Davante couldn't have been better. The Packers getting a 1st and 2nd rounder for him, as well as avoiding a BIG contract to try and keep him, will continue to pay dividends. Add to it that Davante did not want to stay in Green Bay and it was a great move by the Packers.
So far we traded away 2 players who didn’t want to be here.

We gained these players and covered their corresponding salaries for a couple of seasons. Jordan Love ($12.75mil avg) Quay Walker ($3.5m) Christian Watson ($2.5m) Luke Musgrave ($2.0) and a future 2024 Day1 selection ($3.0) all paid for. Plus an extra ~$50Mil+ yearly to spend on other players starting next year.

Oh. That grouping above cost us a #59, 2022 draft selection

PS. Keep in mind retaining Davante and Rodgers was $80Mil yearly

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So far we traded away 2 players who didn’t want to be here.

We gained these players and covered their corresponding salaries for a couple of seasons. Jordan Love ($12.75mil avg) Quay Walker ($3.5m) Christian Watson ($2.5m) Luke Musgrave ($2.0) and a future 2024 Day1 selection ($3.0) all paid for. Plus an extra ~$50Mil+ yearly to spend on other players starting next year.

Oh. That grouping above cost us a #59, 2022 draft selection

PS. Keep in mind retaining Davante and Rodgers was $80Mil yearly
Not that I disagree with trading Rodgers at all, I don't, but I wouldn't classify him as "not wanting to be here". I think he did, but the Packers wanted to move on. Adams clearly wanted to leave and i thought getting what they did for him was an excellent job by Gute.

I think the Rodgers trade he did pretty well for us too, but if he wasn't due 60M next year for being on the roster this year, I'm not sure he's currently wearing a different shade of green.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It sounds like you thought he was a troublemaker in GB. I never thought that.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
It sounds like you thought he was a troublemaker in GB. I never thought that.
Never called him a trouble maker. Lately he seems to be expressing his displeasure with what the Raiders are doing. Call that whatever you want, I called it "making waves".

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts