Datone Jones

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here are the 1st round picks:

Aaron Rodgers - Top 50 or better
A.J. Hawk - Depending on statline he was Top 50...not Top 30 I give you that obviously. Starter though.
Justin Harrell - Truest form of bust TT has had.
Raji - Top 50 player at his position.
Clay - Top 50 player
Bulaga - Top 50 player
Sherrod - Absolutely no way to argue either way
Perry - Not a Top 50 player I give you that...could form into a decent piece though
Jones - See Perry
Ha Ha - Too early to tell but many say already qualifies as Top 50 Safety...whether he stays there we will see.
Randall - WAY too early to tell either way.

Heh, you did a better job than me. I'd say we're in basic agreement.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"rarely turn out well" - hmm, really? That is totally false by the way. If that's the case, then players drafted in rounds 2-7 REALLY don't turn out well.

You and me both know that's not true.

I wrote that need based picks at the bottom of the first rarely turn out well and we've had a history of failure there. Part of the problem is that A) High talent nfl ready players typically go at the top of the first. B) The players at the bottom of the first tend to either be refined players with limited upside or highly talented players not ready to start or requiring a position change. Typically in the later rounds teams can take flyers and or actually let players develop.

H

HardRightEdge

Big difference from 5 to 26. Unfortunately, you need to hit on 1st rounders.
In the Jones case, you have a guy drafted to play one position who, by year 3, was deemed unfit for it. That's not a good draft pick.