Datone Jones

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At this point I would be shocked if they draft an olb. Need depth at dl though. Guion, Daniels, Pennel and who else right now? Is Boyd still on the team?

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a sinking suspicion that we'll take a long hard look at Noah Spence if hes there at #27. Off-field issues or not.......

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why? Does the impending loss of Mike Neal leave a void at slow outside linebacker originally drafted to be a defensive end?

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dang 7 posts before a link to actual information haha. Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing how he performs. Would be cool if he lost like 15 lbs

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At this point I would be shocked if they draft an olb. Need depth at dl though. Guion, Daniels, Pennel and who else right now? Is Boyd still on the team?

Boyd is still on the team, but he's really "just a guy". Pennel is suspended for the first four games of the regular season. And then there's Christian Ringo, who spent last year on the Practice Squad. Not exactly the fearsome foursome.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Dang 7 posts before a link to actual information haha. Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing how he performs. Would be cool if he lost like 15 lbs

I had surgery recently and was reading blogs and watching lot of TV.. I heard or read about Jones and posted the tid bit before I would forget.

Most of the day I'm under influence of meds.. When I saw Adam ask about it, I realized that was one of those times.

But even if I didn't post the link, it may have been I heard it from someone on the inside I trust. Can't post link then.

Even with the that, Google works for you the same as it works for me.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Maybe Datone Jones will look better at OLB? Don't know how MM would figure that. This is a great draft for linebackers and not really many other positions...

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe Datone Jones will look better at OLB? Don't know how MM would figure that. This is a great draft for linebackers and not really many other positions...

Uhh, DL is the deepest position in this coming draft, not LB.

D

Deleted member 6794

Datone Jones already played more snaps at outside linebacker (163) than defensive end (149) over the second half of last season.

The Packers for sure need to add talent on the defensive line, especially with Pennel suspended for the first four games. Thompson should use at least one of his picks on an outside linebacker as well though.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Boyd is still on the team, but he's really "just a guy". Pennel is suspended for the first four games of the regular season. And then there's Christian Ringo, who spent last year on the Practice Squad. Not exactly the fearsome foursome.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I hope Ringo's growth is enough to get him a spot again, the dude from everything players and coaches say is pretty much the mold you want your players to be made of when it comes to character, work ethic and mentality...just gotta hope his skills can translate to playing time...

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had surgery recently and was reading blogs and watching lot of TV.. I heard or read about Jones and posted the tid bit before I would forget.

Most of the day I'm under influence of meds.. When I saw Adam ask about it, I realized that was one of those times.

But even if I didn't post the link, it may have been I heard it from someone on the inside I trust. Can't post link then.

Even with the that, Google works for you the same as it works for me.

I did end up googling it, haha just surprised the thread went on so far without a link or was even posted in the beginning without a link in the first place considering that's common practice in forums and you're a mod. No big deal, just thought it was a funny original post, but hearing you're on meds, it makes more sense now. I would refrain from posting heresay though, that's just me

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had Jones as my 'breakout player' before last season. Apparently he's now being reduced to an experiment to try to get some worth in line with his draft status.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had Jones as my 'breakout player' before last season. Apparently he's now being reduced to an experiment to try to get some worth in line with his draft status.

It's very disappointing. I remember when we took him, he's the guy I wanted, and I remember jumping up when we took him in excitement. I had extremely high hopes for him and now he looks to be another Ted 1st Rd disappointment.

Members online

Latest posts