Darnell Dockett?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're quoting a tiny sample of the small Packer fan community here. That is hardly proof that refutes my claims. Everywhere I looked and heard when we signed Peppers, was that we were getting an old and washed up player and how it was pretty bad if Chicago waived him etc.

So what you're quoting there, is extremely isolated and isn't shared across the entire spectrum. Not by a long shot.

If you go through the thread, you'll see that many posters were excited about Peppers and what he could bring. So yes, it does in fact refute your claims of "if ANYONE thought Peppers was going to be as good as he was for us, they are liars". Of course there were some who were underwhelmed about it, and that was expected, but many of us were also excited. I never said it was shared across the entire spectrum, simply that is was not against what anyone might have thought, like you claimed. Again, you don't hand out the kind of money that Thompson did to Peppers if you expect less than what Peppers gave last year.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
good....we can all go home now and stop not wanting him on our team :coffee:

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
If someone predicted that Peppers would have had the year he did for us last year, they are fooling themselves.

I was ecstatic when I heard that Peppers was signed to the Packers. Though I didn't predict that he would get a Pick-fricking-6, I still was optimistic that he had some quality football left in his tank.

But, according to you, I am fooling myself...

...but nobody was thinking this when we signed him last off season. That is what I am saying. If anyone thought Peppers was going to be as good as he was for us, they are liars ;)

...and I am a liar.

I honestly think Peppers' level of contributions were about exactly what many fans thought ...

...and Adambr2 is a liar...

uhhh, yeah, and I have a bridge to sell you.

...and you think he is foolish enough to buy bridges from you, too...

You're quoting a tiny sample of the small Packer fan community here. That is hardly proof that refutes my claims..

The thread Adambr2 references is over 100 posts long. Most of the postings (not all) revealed a positive reaction by the fans.

I, for one, consider that thread as definite proof versus your claims (specifically, your two quotes at the top of this post).

Everywhere I looked and heard when we signed Peppers, was that we were getting an old and washed up player and how it was pretty bad if Chicago waived him etc. ..

A few hand-picked comments from the thread mentioned by Adam show otherwise:

I'm blown away they got him, super excited!

I'm blown away as well ...

He might have a late career resurgence, Chicago's defense didn't do him much in the way of favors with the lack of surrounding talent. Peppers could flourish with Matthews garnering the lion share of the attention.

It is absolutely beyond my understanding why TT would rather hand out money like that to a 34-year old player who has never played in a 3-4 than to pay the best FS on the market who's only 27 years old.

Oops. The Captain wasn't on board with this signing obviously. But, back to the positives...

The Packers defensive backfield just got better. The linebackers just got better. The other D linemen just got better. Clay Matthews will have (somewhat) less attention paid to him. Dom Capers, Mike Trgovac, and the rest of the defensive coaching staff just became a lot smarter... it’s a gamble many Packers fans have been yearning for

I screamed WOAH WOAH WOAH! and woke the neighbors!!!!

And those quotes are just from the first two pages of this thread alone. Hardly an extreme isolated opinion. But, then you wrote:

So what you're quoting there, is extremely isolated and isn't shared across the entire spectrum. Not by a long shot.

I think your opinion is incorrect.

D

Deleted member 6794

Oops. The Captain wasn't on board with this signing obviously.

Thx for digging that great piece of mine up, PFanCan. ;) Perfect evidence none of you should listen to anything I post.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Judge Judy has left the building!! Case dismissed......next! :coffee:

I'm hiring PFC anytime I get into trouble!

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was ecstatic when I heard that Peppers was signed to the Packers. Though I didn't predict that he would get a Pick-fricking-6, I still was optimistic that he had some quality football left in his tank.

But, according to you, I am fooling myself...

...and I am a liar.

...and Adambr2 is a liar...

...and you think he is foolish enough to buy bridges from you, too...

The thread Adambr2 references is over 100 posts long. Most of the postings (not all) revealed a positive reaction by the fans.

I, for one, consider that thread as definite proof versus your claims (specifically, your two quotes at the top of this post).

A few hand-picked comments from the thread mentioned by Adam show otherwise:

Oops. The Captain wasn't on board with this signing obviously. But, back to the positives...

And those quotes are just from the first two pages of this thread alone. Hardly an extreme isolated opinion. But, then you wrote:

I think your opinion is incorrect.

Extremely isolated. How many of those positive posts were from unique posters? This forum here isn't exactly that big in terms of unique posters, at least it doesn't look that way. I always see the same posters here.

So yes, isolated.

Last edited:

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
T
Extremely isolated. How many of those positive posts were from unique posters? This forum here isn't exactly that big in terms of unique posters, at least it doesn't look that way. I always see the same posters here.

So yes, isolated.

There is only one extremely isolated opinion that I see.

OP
OP
Vrill

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
T

There is only one extremely isolated opinion that I see.

I mean overall....beyond this forum. Because honestly, everywhere I looked it was negative. "Peppers is old and washed up" etc.

This forum doesn't have a lot of unique posters. So its a small sample of the overall opinion.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I mean overall....beyond this forum. Because honestly, everywhere I looked it was negative. "Peppers is old and washed up" etc.

This forum doesn't have a lot of unique posters. So its a small sample of the overall opinion.

Personally, I haven't been here as long as many.....but I find most people here to be very unique in their own ways, informed as hell too. Now if you include the entire State of Wisconsin, you may get slight variation. Go further and include Chicago and whoa Nelly......we got a winner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online