Danario Alexander (WR, Missouri)

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The most underrated prospect I know. When Jeremy Maclin left for the Eagles Missouri needed to fill that hole immediately and Alexander stepped up his game. He's regarded as a late round prospect but I feel the Packers should take him ONLY IF HE GOES UNDRAFTED. He has rare speed at 6'5" and the packers don't have a tall threat like that other than Jermichael Finley. The biggest knock on Alexander is that his route running is very raw but Green Bay's WR coach can definitely fix that.

Release: Used in the slot quite often, not often faced with the jam. Lacks a quick get-off from the line, but has the physical tools to muscle his way past corners down the sideline or inside for slants. Separates using size and acceleration once free.

Hands: Very good hands, only the occasional drop when trying to make a play after the catch. Gets to passes others wouldn't because of his height and exceptional leaping ability. Athleticism and strong hands allow him to win jump balls. Good red-zone target for that reason; also uses his body to shield defenders on slant routes. Very good body control, extends for high throws over the middle and gets his feet down to stay in-bounds on sideline passes. Traps balls against his chest when facing the quarterback.

Route running: Usually lines up in the slot so he can work the middle of the field. Needs to work on a head fake to sell seam route before heading to the corner. Rounds off routes too often, failing to sink his hips. Takes advantage of open zones inside where footwork isn't as crucial.

After the catch: At his best when catching the ball on the run, using his long strides to beat defenders down the field. Used on receiver screens to get the ball in his hands in motion. Slow to accelerate when stopped on a route, but is tough to catch once in his stride. Able to change directions after the catch or make a quick sidestep to avoid defenders, but lacks quick-twitch elusiveness. Defenders bounce off him when failing to wrap up, and he runs with good balance after that contact to drive forward for additional yards. Good stiff arm in the open field.

Blocking: As physical as he wants to be blocking for the run, with a chance to be really good. Handles small defenders well using aggression and length to hold them off, usually just a one-arm shove takes them out of the play. Will need to bend his knees and move his feet more quickly to mirror and sustain against NFL corners who will out-quick him in space.

Intangibles: Constantly works with his quarterback and in the film room to be a better receiver. Showed great work ethic to come back after injuries, but his medical record is still an issue. Coaches have nothing but kind words about him.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTDP19DFQjk]YouTube - Danario Alexander 2009[/ame]

claybillings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I remember correctly earlier in the draft season this guy was projected to be the second WR taken after Bryant, I wonder what happened if he is gonna be a late rounder now, he sure looks talented.

OP
OP
N

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I remember correctly earlier in the draft season this guy was projected to be the second WR taken after Bryant, I wonder what happened if he is gonna be a late rounder now, he sure looks talented.

He suffered a torn ACL in practice which really hurt his draft stock. You're right I definitely saw him as the best receiver in the draft next to Dez Bryant. I doubt he'll go undrafted as some other team might give him a chance with a 5th or 6th round draft choice.

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
would love to have.. wouldnt mind spending a 5th or 6th rounder on him at all.. we need a tall threat really bad besides finley

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We can draft a couple guys (injury) and wait a year before they get on the field. The OLB from Wisconsin, and this guy. Especially since they were rated pretty high before they got hurt. I mean.........chances are......a 6th or 7th round guy has less chance of making the team anyhow and are usually projects.

Members online

Latest posts