• Cut him?

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Let him compete for a job next year?

Votes: 21 51.2%

• Total voters

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He looked pretty good his rookie year and he looked pretty bad his second year. Flip those seasons and we would all be talking about him going into next season like we were going into this season. I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt based on his rookie year and the injuries this year (Yeah WIMM I saw your post about Diggs) That's not to say I want to count on him as a starter but I am not ready to count him out either.

D

Deleted member 6794

I wouldn't mind seeing him cut but then again I wouldn't mind seeing him compete to see if he has the talent that just wasn't tapped.

There´s absolutely no reason to cut Randall. I want him to either move to free safety to most likely back up Clinton-Dix or compete for playing time at cornerback.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, what's the end of season verdict?

Packers cornerback Damarious Randall has 10 interceptions in his first three NFL seasons, tied for the sixth most in the first three years of a Packer player’s career.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He sucks. Don't be fooled by any player's success with the Seahawks.
no kidding, toss in that he hasn't played in 2 years and his latest action was being charged with some felonies. He would have been a great addition LOL

This is why I have a hard time taking a lot of people in here seriously. I mean really, who comes up with this stuff?

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some of you guys just dont want to turn back on your earlier prognostications. Randall has played very well for most of the season since his sideline blow up in week 4. I suspect he just needed to hit bottom before he could become a consistently better player. Yes he has been a good corner for us for most of the season. What'd he give up one catch against Carolina?

Reaction score
No one can deny his ball skills the guy seems to always be around the ball. I think we have a pretty good slot corner he was starting to come along. I know he looked good against funchess but I think Carolina knew they had much better matchup and went elsewhere didn’t really test him much. I don’t want the team to go back to thinking they have a shut down outside corner with him. Let him stay in the slot or their star position. They said he has benefitted from playing one position instead of multiple let’s keep it that way. Have king continue to develop on the outside and Randall on the slot and maybe some outside. The thing is they need a guy like always to man the other side

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Some of you guys just dont want to turn back on your earlier prognostications. Randall has played very well for most of the season since his sideline blow up in week 4. I suspect he just needed to hit bottom before he could become a consistently better player. Yes he has been a good corner for us for most of the season. What'd he give up one catch against Carolina?

If this is truly the case and Randall is developing into the #1 CB that TT thought he might, now is the time to get him a coach or two that can elevate his game and keep him playing consistently well! That or let him ride out his rookie contract, don't resign him and watch him become a Pro Bowler elsewhere.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No one can deny his ball skills the guy seems to always be around the ball. I think we have a pretty good slot corner he was starting to come along. I know he looked good against funchess but I think Carolina knew they had much better matchup and went elsewhere didn’t really test him much. I don’t want the team to go back to thinking they have a shut down outside corner with him. Let him stay in the slot or their star position. They said he has benefitted from playing one position instead of multiple let’s keep it that way. Have king continue to develop on the outside and Randall on the slot and maybe some outside. The thing is they need a guy like always to man the other side
We definitely need another corner or 2 even. I think King will be ok, had some ups and downs and then had a bad shoulder. I think he showed he can play, he needs experience and coaching and to get healthy. I think you always need 3 good corners on the field. King and Randall will be 2, who are the rest? we have some rotation injury guys that are ok, but we need at least 1 that can be relied upon to go 1 on 1 if need be. But Randall can play, you could see the skills from the rookie season on. I wondered if he had it mentally to accept some coaching. It seems he's doing what needs to be done to be a guy we can rely on. All the knocks about him not tackling, not playing the run, can't cover. If you've been paying attention you'd see all of those are false statements.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If this is truly the case and Randall is developing into the #1 CB that TT thought he might, now is the time to get him a coach or two that can elevate his game and keep him playing consistently well! That or let him ride out his rookie contract, don't resign him and watch him become a Pro Bowler elsewhere.

Well the thing about Randall is he might become a true number 1 corner even if he never develops elite cover skills. Ever see Shields or Williams try and tackle someone? Randall is a damned good tackling cornerback and lately he's been the only guy we've had who seems to be able to play both zone and man concepts. I was genuinely impressed with the way he was playing bump and run with Josh Gordon, he was very physical with him at the LoS, not a lot of 6'1 200+ pounds have Randall's speed or athleticism and not many guys with his athleticism have his physicality.

Part of the problem is that Capers is the kind of guy who has so much faith in his scheme that when it doesn't work he chalks it up to players not executing, nevermind that he's not playing guys to their strengths. He's kind of like Mike Martz was with his offense or the way McCarthy was when that spread ISO stuff stopped working. Hawkins looks like he's a decent man cover guy but struggles in zone and House is terrible in zone but plays pretty well in man. I think Whitt does a good job coaching up man cover skills but sucks with zone. IMO I'd like to pick up a true center fielder at FS and start playing Dix as an in the box safety. With bump and run man on the outside and finally find a good cover sideline to sideline type ILB to pair up with Martinez. Jake Ryan is a solid ILB but he's more for a zone D, I wouldn't want him tracking down fast quarterbacks who can run in the open field. Line up Matthews almost exclusively in the 7 or 9 tech if there's any chance of a pass and use that in the box safety to cover blitzes from elsewhere in the formation. Keep the blitzburgh style but streamline, simplify and make the adjustments to the personnel on the field like Capers was forced to do back during the 2010 season.

Quick Hitter: When you're picking between picks 20-32 either youre looking at NFL ready guys without elite talent or you're taking guys with elite talent who need development. Randall fits it with this latter category.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Randall has looked a lot better since the sideline tantrum.
He has, I admit my personal belief was that he was done on this team and probably the league at that point. But that was after hearing it from a radio talking head that said he walked off the field and left the stadium on his own accord. Turns out the details were a little different, but it still didn't seem good.

H

HardRightEdge

He has, I admit my personal belief was that he was done on this team and probably the league at that point. But that was after hearing it from a radio talking head that said he walked off the field and left the stadium on his own accord. Turns out the details were a little different, but it still didn't seem good.
Many talking heads engage in hyperbole. It buys clicks.

Members online

Latest posts