• Cut him?

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Let him compete for a job next year?

Votes: 21 51.2%

• Total voters

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would let him compete. I would rather deal with the guy who was dumb enough to draft him. He was clearly hurt all year long but he seemed to have this undeserved arrogance about him and he was also in an off field legal issue that he was protected from by his friend who took the rap.

Darryl Tincknell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wow...bad year for this kid...never seemed to improve and actually seemed to get worse as year went on..can't give up on him yet but he will have to go into training camp ready to play and compete...boy did he look lost at times

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He looked very good until his groin pull. He's clearly not been the same since. The thing with groin injuries is you lose your ability to make hard cuts and that's exactly what we saw with him. A full offseason to heal should do wonders. Ask Adams about that.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not a chance he gets cut unless he's caught with drugs or something in the offseason. He'll compete for a starting job next year, but he's guaranteed nothing at this point.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
I think he could end up being next year's Davante Adams. He had a sophomore slump and was affected by some nagging injuries all year long.

Next year you let him develop more and hope he improves.

Many people wanted us to cut Davante this last offseason, after struggling in his second year, and he was much improved. Yes, sometimes he makes a bad play here and there, but I don't think anyone in their right mind didn't see a massive jump in Davante's play this year.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure his injuries ruined the scouting process, I know he's fast and physical but alot of time he looked slower than Gunter and scared to hit! He needs a healthy season next year badly!

ChicagoPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let him, Rollins, and a handful of others compete for the number 2 job, but we need a number 1 and his name is not Ladarius Gunter.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While getting healthy in the off season should help, other cb's in the league play with injuries and are nowhere near as bad as Randall. I think he should get one more opportunity to come back next and compete. He is making enough as a first round pick that cutting him may not be a bad option next year if he cones to camp and is the same player. At this this point he plays like a major bust but time will tell next August if he should continue to see the field.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He had a few bright spots, but overall he's been bad. yesterday was about as bad as it could get. Physically and mentally he needs to get it together this offseason or he'll be out of the league quickly.

Sky King

Reaction score
He'll get his chance to compete most likely. Thompson and his staff may not be willing to admit Randall was a poor pick, at least not this soon. They'll probably point to injury as the primary excuse for Randall's failure to perform at a level they should be expecting out of a #1 pick.

Frankly, my optimism that he will ever succeed at CB in the future is rather low. When compared to an UDFA (Gunter) who himself lacks explosiveness, is slow afoot, has bad hands, gets targeted and toasted with regularity, yet still ranked higher than Randall in the DB pecking order, it's a strong indication of what the team may really have with Randall.

Randall is yet another defensive player chosen by Thompson and his scouting staff that could turn out to be a major disappointment.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what does he offer other than you recognize his name? He couldn't even make with a position switch to safety and play back up this year and he was horrid last year. He's out of the league for a reason.

D

Deleted member 6794

Randall should be back with the Packers next season to compete for a starting job. I agree the Packers have to add a #1 cornerback this offseason though-.

He looked very good until his groin pull.

Randall gave up nine receptions for 182 yards and a touchdown to Stefon Diggs while fully healthy. He struggled even without injuries this season.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While getting healthy in the off season should help, other cb's in the league play with injuries and are nowhere near as bad as Randall. I think he should get one more opportunity to come back next and compete. He is making enough as a first round pick that cutting him may not be a bad option next year if he cones to camp and is the same player. At this this point he plays like a major bust but time will tell next August if he should continue to see the field.

Depends on the injury, ankle and knee injuries can be braced and fortified to improve stability. But groin injuries are notoriously difficult to work through. IMHO it didn't help that the lack of depth forced the staff to keep pushing Rollins and Randall back out on the field. IMHO if Shields stayed healthy Randall and Rollins wouldn't have struggled all season long, the staff could have afforded to take a more conservative approach.

GB2016

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One of the worse CB's I ever seen play in the NFL...can't cover and can't tackle. He plays soft and covers space pretty good.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I think he could end up being next year's Davante Adams. He had a sophomore slump and was affected by some nagging injuries all year long.

Next year you let him develop more and hope he improves.

Many people wanted us to cut Davante this last offseason, after struggling in his second year, and he was much improved. Yes, sometimes he makes a bad play here and there, but I don't think anyone in their right mind didn't see a massive jump in Davante's play this year.

I agree with this analogy. Adams was not prepared to be the #1 WR when Jordy went down in 2015, nor was Randall ready when Shields went down this year. How would AR have looked his second year had Favre gone down? Also pointed out by a few, his own injuries, as well as the entire units, did not help Randall at all this year, it was the perfect storm for the disaster we saw. Will Randall ever develop into a #1 CB? Not sure, because he has a long way to go and was obviously not ready for that role this year. He has the whole off season to get physically healthy, as well as mentally healthy. It will be up to Randall to come back in good shape and ready to learn, but it will be up to the Packers to put him in a position to be able to do that by going out and signing a #1 CB.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind seeing him cut but then again I wouldn't mind seeing him compete to see if he has the talent that just wasn't tapped.

Members online

Latest posts