Damarious Randall wins recognition honor.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cautiously optimistic. Thought Casey was gonna be really good after his rookie year, but he appears to be pretty average in the long run.

D

Deleted member 6794

Cautiously optimistic. Thought Casey was gonna be really good after his rookie year, but he appears to be pretty average in the long run.

Randall has shown the ability to consistently perform on the outside, something Hayward never did.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think a big difference is Randall has been put out there, by himself against anybody, including guys like Calvin Johnson, and has done very well. Casey was a role player covering the slot a lot of times, not the outside guy on an island covering the best receivers. and in the end, Casey had some years gone to injury, it's hard to account for those, but i think he's had a good year this year. I think Casey will be a very solid to above average DB for us or some other team going forward for a number of years if he stays on the field. But I'm not afraid to say, I think Randall is going to be a star for us going forward. I may be jumping the gun, but what the heck, i'm not going to lose my job over it :)

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
In spite of the assurances by Whitt this preseason, I don't think Hayward is suited to play outside. I know Shields is and I'm pretty damn sure Randall is, and I think there's an excellent chance Rollins is too. I don't know if it's because of the lingering affects of his injury, but Hayward has not shown the game-changing ability he displayed as a rookie. My guess is he won't be back next year because of that.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO, it's time to cut bait with Hayward. He made plays in his rookie year, but in retrospect, how much of his rookie year success was due to being 'protected' in a role that played to his strength, and avoided his weaknesses, such as having to spend a lot of time outside.
Have injuries robbed him of some ability, at least to some degree? I don't know. But I've seen enough that he is too limited and doesn't offer enough to warrant keeping around.

Latest posts