1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Damarious Randall wins recognition honor.

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Packerlifer, Dec 5, 2015.

1. Packerlifer

Packerlifer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +517
  2. yooperpackfan

yooperpackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +568
    Congrats to Randall!
    I wasn't on board with this pick on draft day, but it looks like this kid is gonna be a good one.

3. thisisnate

thisisnate Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +504
    Cautiously optimistic. Thought Casey was gonna be really good after his rookie year, but he appears to be pretty average in the long run.

4. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,633
    Randall has shown the ability to consistently perform on the outside, something Hayward never did.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Mondio

Mondio Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,793
    I think a big difference is Randall has been put out there, by himself against anybody, including guys like Calvin Johnson, and has done very well. Casey was a role player covering the slot a lot of times, not the outside guy on an island covering the best receivers. and in the end, Casey had some years gone to injury, it's hard to account for those, but i think he's had a good year this year. I think Casey will be a very solid to above average DB for us or some other team going forward for a number of years if he stays on the field. But I'm not afraid to say, I think Randall is going to be a star for us going forward. I may be jumping the gun, but what the heck, i'm not going to lose my job over it :)

6. TJV

TJV Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +4,176
    In spite of the assurances by Whitt this preseason, I don't think Hayward is suited to play outside. I know Shields is and I'm pretty damn sure Randall is, and I think there's an excellent chance Rollins is too. I don't know if it's because of the lingering affects of his injury, but Hayward has not shown the game-changing ability he displayed as a rookie. My guess is he won't be back next year because of that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. PackerDNA

PackerDNA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +939
    IMO, it's time to cut bait with Hayward. He made plays in his rookie year, but in retrospect, how much of his rookie year success was due to being 'protected' in a role that played to his strength, and avoided his weaknesses, such as having to spend a lot of time outside.
    Have injuries robbed him of some ability, at least to some degree? I don't know. But I've seen enough that he is too limited and doesn't offer enough to warrant keeping around.

• Agree Agree x 1