Da Bears Round 2 Weekly Chat Thread

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I for one am pissed this is the week we play the Bears and not the Dolphins or Vikings....I'd rather lose now, all but if not get eliminated from playoff contention and hit the bye with everyone on board that Rodgers will heal, Love will play and we regroup for 2023 after it all is done.

Noooooooope....instead we have a VERY winnable game vs the Bears.....the like .05% chance of the playoffs will become .09% (yes I know the true percentages lie around 2-3%) and Rodgers will still play when we come back against the Rams which is sadly another possible win....making any real shot at a glimpse of knowing what we have in Love nearly non-existent unless Rodgers' medicals come back too bad to play.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds wild but I've tried every combination of outcomes I can think of and I think even if we lose this week we can't be mathematically eliminated yet, either :p

So yeah, I suspect Love starts this week. And honestly that makes sense either way. Even if you think Rodgers *could* play and/or you still believe we have a chance of making the playoffs...beating the Bears should be more than doable with Love at QB (will they have Fields back yet?). If we can't beat the Bears with Love then we're probably not a playoff-team anyways. That gives you two weeks to get Rodgers back to 100% health in the event that you really believe we can make a playoff push. So whatever happens I'd be surprised if Love didn't start this week, it just makes too much sense really.

But yeah...then it's probably back to Rodgers vs the Rams, which as you said should be winnable too, and that will further keep us alive in the playoff hunt, theoretically...so Rodgers probably continues to play until we are potentially all the way out, which really could be week 16 or so.

I'll have to run through the numbers again but I actually think that we cannot be mathematically eliminated in week 13 OR week 14 although depending on how things play out we could be eliminated in week 15 regardless of if we win or lose vs LA. But in either case that probably means (provided he comes back healthy) we see a maximum of 4 starts from Love and less if we get a win or two.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds wild but I've tried every combination of outcomes I can think of and I think even if we lose this week we can't be mathematically eliminated yet, either :p

So yeah, I suspect Love starts this week. And honestly that makes sense either way. Even if you think Rodgers *could* play and/or you still believe we have a chance of making the playoffs...beating the Bears should be more than doable with Love at QB (will they have Fields back yet?). If we can't beat the Bears with Love then we're probably not a playoff-team anyways. That gives you two weeks to get Rodgers back to 100% health in the event that you really believe we can make a playoff push. So whatever happens I'd be surprised if Love didn't start this week, it just makes too much sense really.

But yeah...then it's probably back to Rodgers vs the Rams, which as you said should be winnable too, and that will further keep us alive in the playoff hunt, theoretically...so Rodgers probably continues to play until we are potentially all the way out, which really could be week 16 or so.

I'll have to run through the numbers again but I actually think that we cannot be mathematically eliminated in week 13 OR week 14 although depending on how things play out we could be eliminated in week 15 regardless of if we win or lose vs LA. But in either case that probably means (provided he comes back healthy) we see a maximum of 4 starts from Love and less if we get a win or two.

Yeah I read somewhere engines say impossible to hit 0% chance. Now IF we lose and games fall a way in our Bye, we could be eliminated week following it.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
I generally like to take a deep dive into the stats to see where everything is at with both teams. I'm going to just say that they both stink. The Bears are all sorts of beat up and lost Mooney and Jackson last week. I have not heard if Fields is going to play this week. If he does he has been running all over defenses and we just saw what Hurts could do against us. I would actually expect a close game if he is a go. They will probably be smart and sit him. Their season is over and winning just hurts their draft pick. On the flip side, if Rodgers can go it sounds like they play him. I'm all in favor of sitting him and giving Love the nod. Season is over and we might as well get Rodgers healed up.

Packers 27 - Bears 20

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Best thing about this week's game being against the Bears? If Love starts then he's going to have a great chance to look amazing against an awful defense (second worst against the pass as per Football Outsiders).

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Best thing about this week's game being against the Bears? If Love starts then he's going to have a great chance to look amazing against an awful defense (second worst against the pass as per Football Outsiders).
Which is exactly why this is a GREAT week for Love to start. Also gives him the bye week to study film on his mis-plays (or huge successes!) and hopefully mentally correct them prior to to facing the Rams.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
"I got good news with the scans so I'll be playing this week" ~ Aaron Rodgers

A general rule with QBs is to never let the backup under center because you never know if you will get your spot back.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
I would rather them beat the bears and tank for better pick rest of the way.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I for one am pissed this is the week we play the Bears and not the Dolphins or Vikings....I'd rather lose now, all but if not get eliminated from playoff contention and hit the bye with everyone on board that Rodgers will heal, Love will play and we regroup for 2023 after it all is done.

Noooooooope....instead we have a VERY winnable game vs the Bears.....the like .05% chance of the playoffs will become .09% (yes I know the true percentages lie around 2-3%) and Rodgers will still play when we come back against the Rams which is sadly another possible win....making any real shot at a glimpse of knowing what we have in Love nearly non-existent unless Rodgers' medicals come back too bad to play.
This should be an ugly game.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can see the wisdom of "seeing what you have" in Love. But I also see nothing wrong with having a HOF QB that would rather be playing than sitting when the season seems lost.
Even tho he is pretty beat up Rodgers says he wants to play. IMO this blows the idea he isn't committed to our team out of the water.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...or is he challenging Gute to IR him IF they want to take a long look at Love?

Rodgers wants to play period. I'm not a big Rodgers fan and will call him out when he is childish, but he isn't doing or saying he wants to play as a middle finger to Gute or a challenge.

Reaction score
Rodgers wants to play period. I'm not a big Rodgers fan and will call him out when he is childish, but he isn't doing or saying he wants to play as a middle finger to Gute or a challenge.
There is next to a zero chance GB goes playoff bound with 8 losses and 5 games to play. The odds are insanely slim and us Packer fans of anyone know better. #12 by his own admission has been playing with a broken throwing thumb (likely a stress/hairline fracture) and now had to leave a game because he said he "could barely breath". In his own testimony he said his own thought was "he might have punctured a lung". Does that sound like someone you want to play in a meaningless game? GB has the 11th out of 16 worst NFC record and we are tied with 3 other teams at 4-8. Only 2 of 16 teams have a worse record with 12/17 contests played, so this is just ridiculous talking about being statistically eliminated

Let's put all our opinion aside for one second. Do you play your QB in this situation if it's not Aaron Rodgers? Absolutely not
To me this is almost as stupid as the Tua Tagua situation that happened a month or so ago. Totally unacceptable and this sport should be bigger than wanting to win at all costs, including totally neglecting player safety. At lease Ja'Marr Chase had enough sense to do the right thing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is next to a zero chance GB goes playoff bound with 8 losses and 5 games to play. The odds are insanely slim and us Packer fans of anyone know better. #12 by his own admission has been playing with a broken throwing thumb (likely a stress/hairline fracture) and now had to leave a game because he said he "could barely breath". In his own testimony he said his own thought was "he might have punctured a lung". Does that sound like someone you want to play in a meaningless game? GB has the 11th out of 16 worst NFC record and we are tied with 3 other teams at 4-8. Only 2 of 16 teams have a worse record with 12/17 contests played, so this is just ridiculous talking about being statistically eliminated

Let's put all our opinion aside for one second. Do you play your QB in this situation if it's not Aaron Rodgers? Absolutely not
To me this is almost as stupid as the Tua Tagua situation that happened a month or so ago. Totally unacceptable and this sport should be bigger than wanting to win at all costs, including totally neglecting player safety. At lease Ja'Marr Chase had enough sense to do the right thing.

I sit him, I've said as much and it is ridiculous not to. I was merely saying I don't think for a second this is Rodgers being a **** to Gute or trying to put him in a position.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually expect if Rodgers goes and isn't affected by his injuries we will roll relatively easily over them truthfully.

Chicago has primarily a rushing attack, and a rushing QB that is a notch above the one we just faced. Chicago can keep Rodgers on the sidelines and run for 300 yards on us if Philly can. Don't be so confident that this Packers team can beat the Fields led Bears.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago has primarily a rushing attack, and a rushing QB that is a notch above the one we just faced. Chicago can keep Rodgers on the sidelines and run for 300 yards on us if Philly can. Don't be so confident that this Packers team can beat the Fields led Bears.

IF Fields plays he is 1/2 the QB through the air that Hurts is and that may be rounded up. Yes he can run with the best of them but the dude is almost zero threat through the air.

I also don't believe the Bears sign Boyle to active if Fields is playing....Siemian, Peterman or Boyle will be their QB.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts