D-Lines in the NFC North are getting nasty

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just got a text from ESPN saying that the Lions got Vanden Bosch... in a previous post I mentioned this but this is what we are facing in 2010

Lions- Vanden Bosch
Vikes- J Allen
Bears- Peppers (possibly)

These are some serious defensive rushers. Can GB's current line handle this? They will face league leaders defensively (divisional games) 6 times and we all know divisional games are important.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We can talk about all these other needs of the Packers all day, but if A-rod gets sacked as much as he did the first 8 games last year, it really does not matter what we do on defense.

As our division gets better, our O-line out look is getting worse.

God forbid if Kampman does a crazy u-turn and lands in the division also.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just got a text from ESPN saying that the Lions got Vanden Bosch... in a previous post I mentioned this but this is what we are facing in 2010

Lions- Vanden Bosch
Vikes- J Allen
Bears- Peppers (possibly)

These are some serious defensive rushers. Can GB's current line handle this? They will face league leaders defensively (divisional games) 6 times and we all know divisional games are important.

That is one reason we need to draft Iupati in the first round and the best OT in the 2nd round.

The Lions getting Vanden Bosch and drafting Ndamukong Suh will spell trouble for all offensive lines in the NFC North:suicide2:

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
That is one reason we need to draft Iupati in the first round and the best OT in the 2nd round.

The Lions getting Vanden Bosch and drafting Ndamukong Suh will spell trouble for all offensive lines in the NFC North:suicide2:

Don't forget that the Lions also just traded for Corey Williams from the Browns. The Lions getting Williams, VandenBosch, and Burleson.....I think they have done really well for themselves today.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't forget that the Lions also just traded for Corey Williams from the Browns. The Lions getting Williams, VandenBosch, and Burleson.....I think they have done really well for themselves today.

It will be interesting to see how last year and this year play out for the Lions. They appear to be making some smart moves for a change.

The Bears are again trying to fill the hole in the side of the ship by throwing the the luggage into it. There is no stopping the "SS Lovie/Angelo" from going to the bottom of Lake Michigan.

OP
OP
A12ROD903

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chester Taylor is a bear also. Chester Taylor is a Chicago Bear | ProFootballTalk.com

SO WHAT?

Redskins of the north...

What does redskins of the North mean?

Now the Bears have a pretty good tandem at RB, Forte and Taylor. Not bad... Im not sure what their line is like though so this addition may be a moot point.

Back on topic. The Bears and Peppers have agreed to a deal so its definite now. I hope this made some heads turn in GB management. This division is becoming solid. Its a possibility that the division will also be a 4 team race this upcoming season.

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Now the Bears have a pretty good tandem at RB, Forte and Taylor. Not bad... Im not sure what their line is like though so this addition may be a moot point.

Back on topic. The Bears and Peppers have agreed to a deal so its definite now. I hope this made some heads turn in GB management. This division is becoming solid. Its a possibility that the division will also be a 4 team race this upcoming season.

I agree with you, when the last time the Redskins were in a super bowl, the bears were there just a few years back.

I think Taylor makes a bad O-line better by his pass catching abilities, giving Cutler a get out of jail card.

I believe you build your team to win your division, obviously the other teams gunning for our weakest link. TT can not ignore these developments, not to mention what lions are doing.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

They're like the Redskins.

Champions in March, losers in January and February.

They get all those FAs, but their teams have too many holes, and zero chemistry.

When push comes to shove they don't have the unity to surpass some problems that lesser teams with better chemistry do.

I'd be worried if they were a very good team, and got Peppers.

Not the case, they don't have OL, they only have one CB in the secondary, they don't have WRs, their QB throws more to the opposition than to his own team...

OP
OP
A12ROD903

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They're like the Redskins.

Champions in March, losers in January and February.

They get all those FAs, but their teams have too many holes, and zero chemistry.

When push comes to shove they don't have the unity to surpass some problems that lesser teams with better chemistry do.

I'd be worried if they were a very good team, and got Peppers.

Not the case, they don't have OL, they only have one CB in the secondary, they don't have WRs, their QB throws more to the opposition than to his own team...

Oh ok, I understand now. I thought there was something going on with the RB's in washington that I didnt know about and you were referring to the Bears RB's being in the same situation. I misunderstood.

And I agree with the Washington thing as well. The Bears def have a long way to go, but Urlacher will be back and acquiring Peppers was a great start.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

4 way race to where? The division? Playoffs? Superbowl? Like RS said free agents just give your team potential not make them automatic contenders. I remember people were hyping up the same thing when jared allen went to the queens. Sure he played extraodinary well these past couple of years but he didn't singlehandedly lead them to the NFCCG.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Lions had the best day in FA. The Bears have no draft picks!!! They suck!
I don't know... Burleson and Vanden Bosch are kinda over the hill...

I think the Bears pulled some great moves. But without any picks, and so many holes, it's hard.

Plus, with the kind of money they're spending, you can bet some of their players aren't going to come back next year. Some good ones.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Burleson over the hill? So 28 is over the hill for a WR? Kid has been hurt 2 of the 4 years in Seattle. He has good hands and good work ethic. With Williams taking a double team all the time expect Burleson to have a good year if he doesn't get hurt.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Burleson over the hill? So 28 is over the hill for a WR? Kid has been hurt 2 of the 4 years in Seattle. He has good hands and good work ethic. With Williams taking a double team all the time expect Burleson to have a good year if he doesn't get hurt.
So, I should expect a guy that hasn't played for the last 2 seasons to have a good season if the same reason he hasn't played doesn't strikes again?

Ok, my bad. He's not over the hill. It's not that he's not effective anymore, he just doesn't play...

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know... Burleson and Vanden Bosch are kinda over the hill...

I think the Bears pulled some great moves. But without any picks, and so many holes, it's hard.

Plus, with the kind of money they're spending, you can bet some of their players aren't going to come back next year. Some good ones.
But what they have done is ......got rid of Grady Jackson.....and you know they will probably draft Suh. Soooo.....Vanden Bosch, plus drafting Suh is a definite improvement. Throw in the fact that Matt Millen has nothing to do with any decisions in Detroit anymore and they got to get better. It will take a couple years for the Lions to get over the Matt Millen hangover after totally destroying the team.

OP
OP
A12ROD903

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4 way race to where? The division? Playoffs? Superbowl? Like RS said free agents just give your team potential not make them automatic contenders. I remember people were hyping up the same thing when jared allen went to the queens. Sure he played extraodinary well these past couple of years but he didn't singlehandedly lead them to the NFCCG.

If you go back and read my post I said the Division could "possibly" be a 4 team race and I also said the division is "becoming" solid. I didnt mention anything being definite. I think the division will be tighter than its been in a while. You will be amazed how bringing in these vets with experience can really affect a team emotionally and on the field.

OP
OP
A12ROD903

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont agree bringing in Burelson is a major threat but it does get some attention off of Megatron.... until he is injured. Hes injury prone and has been shipped around quite a bit. Hes a traveling man lol.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But what they have done is ......got rid of Grady Jackson.....and you know they will probably draft Suh. Soooo.....Vanden Bosch, plus drafting Suh is a definite improvement. Throw in the fact that Matt Millen has nothing to do with any decisions in Detroit anymore and they got to get better. It will take a couple years for the Lions to get over the Matt Millen hangover after totally destroying the team.
Oh, I think in 2011 if there's football they'll already be a good NFL team...

But the damage is just too deep. They'll go 6-10 this year. If there's some kind of fluke, they'll be 8-8 tops. But I"d bet 6-10 or lower for them in 2010.

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im sorry but didnt the bears just go to the superbowl in 07 with an offense thats worse than the one they have now and great defense????

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im sorry but didnt the bears just go to the superbowl in 07 with an offense thats worse than the one they have now and great defense????
Sure they got to the Superbowl. Did they win? Nope. Actually, the Chicago offense scored 10 points..................Hester scored the other TD. The Bears.....got....owned. In a nutshell. Both of the Bears offenses sucked......then...and now. The only guy I feel sorry for is Greg Olsen. He just got drafted by the wrong team.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On a better note........I think the term......Black and Blue division......is going to be back in a big way. Think about the guys in this Division. Raji......Matthews......Pickett........Peppers......Vanden Bosch.....(more than likely, Suh)......... and Jared Allen, just to name a few.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
So, I should expect a guy that hasn't played for the last 2 seasons to have a good season if the same reason he hasn't played doesn't strikes again?

Ok, my bad. He's not over the hill. It's not that he's not effective anymore, he just doesn't play...
Kinda like that one player the Packers have, Harrell.

He's a capable number 2, which is something the Lions lacked. Averaging 13.3 yards per catch and 1 TD for every 10 catches. He has good hands and does not drop many balls. If healthy I could easily see him having a 60-70 catch season with 7-8 TD's.

Quick, without looking it up can you tell us who the Lions #2 WR was last year? I couldn't. He makes them just a bit better. Little bits at a time and all of a sudden they are in the hunt to the division title.

OP
OP
A12ROD903

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kinda like that one player the Packers have, Harrell.

He's a capable number 2, which is something the Lions lacked. Averaging 13.3 yards per catch and 1 TD for every 10 catches. He has good hands and does not drop many balls. If healthy I could easily see him having a 60-70 catch season with 7-8 TD's.

Quick, without looking it up can you tell us who the Lions #2 WR was last year? I couldn't. He makes them just a bit better. Little bits at a time and all of a sudden they are in the hunt to the division title.

There cannot be a comparison betwen Harrell and Burelson. Harrell has never played and will never play, hes sitting around collecting money. No team will ever give Harrell another chance to play where as Burelson is getting chances to play by being shipped around. But Like I said earlier, he is capable of taking some attention away from megatron which is what the Lions need.