D-Lines in the NFC North are getting nasty

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure they got to the Superbowl. Did they win? Nope. Actually, the Chicago offense scored 10 points..................Hester scored the other TD. The Bears.....got....owned. In a nutshell. Both of the Bears offenses sucked......then...and now. The only guy I feel sorry for is Greg Olsen. He just got drafted by the wrong team.
the point wasnt about if they won the superbowl that year or not.. the point was that they made it deep in the playoffs, even to a superbowl, with no offense and great defense.. so for some people to just dismiss is plain ignorant.. if anything there offense is wayy better than it was in 07, which isnt saying much but still, and there defense just got that much better with peppers.. dont overlook the bears is all im saying

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the point wasnt about if they won the superbowl that year or not.. the point was that they made it deep in the playoffs, even to a superbowl, with no offense and great defense.. so for some people to just dismiss is plain ignorant.. if anything there offense is wayy better than it was in 07, which isnt saying much but still, and there defense just got that much better with peppers.. dont overlook the bears is all im saying
Not true that their offense is way better.

Their OL is way worse. And with no weapons to Cutler, his receivers running the wrong routes over and over again, and Cutler's propensity to throwing to the wrong player, their offense isn't way better...

There's also Thomas Jones. It's no coincidence that they made the run with him, and that he has played so well with the Jets. He's good.

In 06 they could run the ball, which killed the clock, and helped their D. Their younger D, with some key players, such as Mike Brown, Brian Urlacher and Tommie Harris playing out of their mind.

When was the last time any of those made any impact? 06...

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not true that their offense is way better.

Their OL is way worse. And with no weapons to Cutler, his receivers running the wrong routes over and over again, and Cutler's propensity to throwing to the wrong player, their offense isn't way better...

There's also Thomas Jones. It's no coincidence that they made the run with him, and that he has played so well with the Jets. He's good.

In 06 they could run the ball, which killed the clock, and helped their D. Their younger D, with some key players, such as Mike Brown, Brian Urlacher and Tommie Harris playing out of their mind.

When was the last time any of those made any impact? 06...
so Rex grossman is a better qb than cutler? if i remember correctly rex threw quite a few int's that year.. and their recieving corps has the same talent it did that year.. nothing... and i would take matt forte over thomas jones any day of the week and add chester taylor to the mix.. and of those players you named on defense only one isnt there anymore in brown.. i would take peppers over brown any day of the week also.. so like i said...do not over look the bears.. it is the same lovie smith that took them to the superbowl also

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so Rex grossman is a better qb than cutler?
Never said that.
if i remember correctly rex threw quite a few int's that year.. and their recieving corps has the same talent it did that year.. nothing...
True that Rex was bad, but their receivers were better, they didn't run suh poor routes, and such wrong ones. Still, that's not my point.
and i would take matt forte over thomas jones any day of the week and add chester taylor to the mix..
Not the point. How can a RB run without any OL? My point is Jones is a very good back, and was so then. Forte isn't sucha a big improvement. Both had 1200, Jones had 6 tds in 06, and forte had 8 in 08. But Forte had less than 1000 yards last year and 4 tds... Their OL is awful
and of those players you named on defense only one isnt there anymore in brown.. i would take peppers over brown any day of the week also.. so like i said...do not over look the bears.. it is the same lovie smith that took them to the superbowl also
Yeah, the players are there. But when was the last time they played well? In 06. Peppers won't stop the run and cover for them. And if you double Peppers, then what's there? Tommie Harris had 2,5 sacks last year, and 5 the year before. Urlacher's last 100 tackle season was in 07.

Their D only had Briggs and Tillman. Now they have Peppers with that.

And their O has the QB, has a couple of GOOD, not great, RBs, but absolutely no weapon to throw to, and no OL to protect Cutler and to open space for the rbs.

They're still far behind us, specially if you consider our young stars improving, us getting players at the draft, and their aging players declining...

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Never said that.

True that Rex was bad, but their receivers were better, they didn't run suh poor routes, and such wrong ones. Still, that's not my point.
Not the point. How can a RB run without any OL? My point is Jones is a very good back, and was so then. Forte isn't sucha a big improvement. Both had 1200, Jones had 6 tds in 06, and forte had 8 in 08. But Forte had less than 1000 yards last year and 4 tds... Their OL is awful

Yeah, the players are there. But when was the last time they played well? In 06. Peppers won't stop the run and cover for them. And if you double Peppers, then what's there? Tommie Harris had 2,5 sacks last year, and 5 the year before. Urlacher's last 100 tackle season was in 07.

Their D only had Briggs and Tillman. Now they have Peppers with that.

And their O has the QB, has a couple of GOOD, not great, RBs, but absolutely no weapon to throw to, and no OL to protect Cutler and to open space for the rbs.

They're still far behind us, specially if you consider our young stars improving, us getting players at the draft, and their aging players declining...
all im saying is there not the worst team and the league and could possibly surprise us.. im not expecting it nor do i think they have anywhere near the talent we have but i dont like to overlook teams.. especially ones in our division

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all im saying is there not the worst team and the league and could possibly surprise us.. im not expecting it nor do i think they have anywhere near the talent we have but i dont like to overlook teams.. especially ones in our division
I'm a fan. I'm SUPPOSED to overlook and mock the Bears. It's good manners, for crying out loud!

Now, I expect my players to play the Rams as they're playing the 72 Dolphins in the SuperBowl.

If they overlook any opponent (see Bucs game, 2009), then we have a problem.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ohh......ok.....! You are right no doubt about a great defense getting a team deep into the playoffs. Look at the Ravens a few years back when they actually won the Superbowl. They did it with an excellent defense and a offense that was somewhere around the middle of the pack. What they had for sure was a QB that was a very good manager of the game and did not make bone head mistakes during crucial times of the game. His name is Trent Dilfer. Although Favre was a hall of famer for the Packers......if I was anything like Elvis Presley........I would have pulled out a gun and shot my TV hundreds of times because of the dumb **** I saw him do. He did it during the Packers Giants game afew years back (1 of a thousand) and he also did it again with the Vikes.

Oh....and I never overlook any teams......especially Da...Bears...!!!

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ohh......ok.....! You are right no doubt about a great defense getting a team deep into the playoffs. Look at the Ravens a few years back when they actually won the Superbowl. They did it with an excellent defense and a offense that was somewhere around the middle of the pack. What they had for sure was a QB that was a very good manager of the game and did not make bone head mistakes during crucial times of the game. His name is Trent Dilfer. Although Favre was a hall of famer for the Packers......if I was anything like Elvis Presley........I would have pulled out a gun and shot my TV hundreds of times because of the dumb **** I saw him do. He did it during the Packers Giants game afew years back (1 of a thousand) and he also did it again with the Vikes.

Oh....and I never overlook any teams......especially Da...Bears...!!!
ive broken quite a few tv screens with my remote with some of the **** favre did haha..

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And their O has the QB, has a couple of GOOD, not great, RBs, but absolutely no weapon to throw to...

Hey PackersRS I have been telling my buddy (who is a Bears fan) that the best receiver the Bears have is Greg Olsen.......and hes not even a WR.....he is a TE. Da Bears.....have not had any decent receivers in a long time. Hester is not a receiver in my mind and should have been left alone and just used him where he does the most good. A return man. Johny Knox was a suprise rookie who did better than any veteran receiver they have. Bottom line is .......to me anyhow........the system in Chicago sucks.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey PackersRS I have been telling my buddy (who is a Bears fan) that the best receiver the Bears have is Greg Olsen.......and hes not even a WR.....he is a TE. Da Bears.....have not had any decent receivers in a long time. Hester is not a receiver in my mind and should have been left alone and just used him where he does the most good. A return man. Johny Knox was a suprise rookie who did better than any veteran receiver they have. Bottom line is .......to me anyhow........the system in Chicago sucks.
And the worst part is that never in Mike Martz' offense a TE has caught more than 60 balls in a year.

I don't think their receivers have bad hands. They're actually good at cacthing the ball (some) and they're fast.

But they're dumb as wood. They freaking run the wrong routes far too often last year, which causes some of Cutler's int.

And now they're going to a very complicated system?

It's not going to be pretty...

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And the worst part is that never in Mike Martz' offense a TE has caught more than 60 balls in a year.

I don't think their receivers have bad hands. They're actually good at cacthing the ball (some) and they're fast.

But they're dumb as wood. They freaking run the wrong routes far too often last year, which causes some of Cutler's int.

And now they're going to a very complicated system?

It's not going to be pretty...

Also, with Martz being there.......why do they need a running back........lol. I guess they need someone to help out the offensive line.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts