D-Line a concern; backup QB important

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both lines concern me...probably the defensive line more.

The Bills, Patriots and, to a lesser degree, the Titans shoved the middle part of the defensive line around.

Over the weekend, one of the J-S sportswriters(forgot who)mentioned Packers fans shouldn't be so happy to see Hunt gone, as he still could play(when healthy) among front-line DL players. I think he made a point.
Grady is only going to get 30 snaps a game and that leaves the majority of time to Colin Cole, Donnell Washington, Corey Williams, Kenny Peterson. Sorry...this doesn't reassure me at all. After the Patriots game, Sherman was livid that Cole and Washington offered little resistance to the #1 offensive line. Those guys occupying the middle will make the difference in the defense this year...

The offensive line is a work in progress and that means Brett could be more open to injury this year. The ankle sprain was the result of a bull rush by Rien Long. Flanagan in particular has looked shaky during the preseason. My suspicion is the backup QB might be called into play more this year.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am glad that he is gone, period. Yeah, perhaps when he feels like it Hunt isa player...but how often has he shown he feels like it. He is a cancer that was best cut from the body...the void created will heal in time.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think if Williams can stay healthy, we won't miss Hunt at all. He's shown much more desire and consistency along with the ability to make plays.

Right now I'm questioning TT's decisions at LB. Cutting Navies made sense because he didn't fit the system, but Thompson actually played steady and learned the system well. Now we're starting the year with question marks. Maybe it's a statement about the way Lenon stepped up, but he was never projected to be a starter before.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I just hope that Hunt doesn't go to another team and show the potential that he couldn't (or wouldn't) realize here in GB...

If Hunt goes somewhere and becomes a monster....well...that would not be good!

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is true 66...he might very well light it up after having his *** cut, and his career put in jeopardy. But the truth is, he was NEVER going to reach his potential in the Green and Gold. The tone of accomodation had already been established towards his questionable work ethic/dedication/intensity....and he knew it.

I like the "TONE" that TT is establishing with regard to pay/performance. My guess is that it has already had a resounding affect in the locker room.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
digs...

i like that..."tone of accommodation"....yeah...that's good...

But who do you think set that tone?

No...no...said i wouldn't go there....scratch that.....

sure is interesting though.....could answer alot of things....

"the tone of accomodation"....

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hunt was only marginally better than Williams or Jenkins, and not worth the headaches. I would be very surprised if he succeeded elsewhere simply because I don't believe he's a very good football player. There is a big difference between an impressive physical specimen and a good football player.

A for backup QB, I will be very interested to see who gets the call. Nall had outplayed Rodgers until the last exhibition game, when Rodgers finally started to look like an NFL quarterback. I noticed that Nall threw a few bad passes against Tennessee. One was badly underthrown and intercepted in the end zone. Another was thrown right to a defender but dropped. And then there was the long bomb to that receiver who had gotten behind the coverage, but Nall threw the ball just out of bounds. Too bad--it could've been a 99 yard TD. Considering how the coaches have been pushing Rodgers all preseason, I think they are going to give him the #2 spot.

Members online

Latest posts