CUTS TODAY ?

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bob McGinn noted in a piece that while not having to get down 13 players until Tuesday, the Packers intend on making their cuts this morning.

Based on the pre-season and game last night who do you think the 1st cuts will include - any surprises?

Surprise - Martin( give GB an extended look at Thompson to decide if he is worthy of PS or if they go FA route for PS QB)

Last night/surprise - Hodge(did not get in until last minutes and immediately got burned on TD pass)

Last night - Travis Leffew looked out of his league against Jags #2 and #3 DE's.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Depending on how they feel about Atari Bigby, Manuel could get cut so he has a chance to land with another team.

I also think Hodge is a possible cut but I really hope he ends up on IR.

Some receivers will have to go as well.

Patrick Dendy is another guy I would watch. I'm not sure he makes the team this year with the stepped up play of Jarrett Bush.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Porky, I think with Manuel the team might be better with keeping him, unless there is a similar type player cut this week or next week..

At least this way he would be "somewhat" of a reliable player with experince in case Atari fallters during the season.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Another aspect of this, is that by us making cuts today we are doing two things...

1. Helping the cut players increase their chances of making another team... a couple of days more in another teams camp and maybe an extra game can only help..

2. If we cut under 75, we ourselves can jump upon players cut from another team without needing to make another roster move before claiming the player.

Not like they don't have alot of the decisions in this cutdown made... we are only going to 75 by Tuesday. The hard cuts are to 53.

Members online

Latest posts