1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Cut a vet 2019 Edition

Discussion in 'Green Bay Packers Fan Forum' started by RicFlairoftheNFL, Aug 15, 2019 at 10:49 PM.

1. RicFlairoftheNFL

RicFlairoftheNFL Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Simple, cut at least 1 vet on O, D and ST

Offense I can see possibly 3 guys being cut.

1.) Bryan Bulaga: 3 knee injuries and now a back problem where he's taking every other day off. If Billy Taylor or Light can play RT I can't see him being around.

2.) Geronimo Allison: He's #3 right now it seems behind Adams and MVS, if he drops behind EQ or Kumerow with the injury issue as well as the prior drug arrest I can't see him being kept around unless he's somehow gotten by on veteran minimum.

3.) Boyle: I'll be honest I was surprised that I'm mentioning this guy. Up until tonight I thought he had #3 locked down. Then he goes out and has his worst outing so far. Wouldn't surprise me either way how this goes.

Defense I am only looking at 1 person getting cut.

Tramon Williams: Yes he's fast, but he's 36 if the only reason to keep him is he's the vet with the most experience, that's not much of a reason. I didn't see him on the field at all tonight.

Special Teams, looking at 1 guy, and he's needed to go for a while.

Trevor Davis: Leg injuries at least 2 of the last 3 camps. When given the opportunity to return he's had issues with handling the ball. Sheppard right now is looking better...do we really want or need him right now?

Interested in what others think on this.

2. Sanguine camper

Sanguine camper Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    O - Justin McCray. Jenkins is a nuch better athlete.
    D- Tyler Lancaster - He has no pass rush and has been getting whipped in the running game. This one should be an easy call
    ST -Trevor Davis. - He can't stay healthy. He needs to sit in the tub somewhere else.

3. Poppa San

Poppa San Levelheaded Staff Member Moderator

Packer Fan Since:
    Offense: everyone's whipping boy Jason Spriggs is already gone so I'll go slide down the line and go with Hankey Pankey.
    Not so ST: Mason can be replaced cheaper.
    Defense: James Looney. Who's that? Exactly.

4. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    I highly doubt there's any way either Bulaga or Allison gets released. It seems Shepherd might be able to challenge Davis for a roster spot though.

I'm absolutely convinced Lancaster will end up making the team.

5. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Packer Fan Since:
    Offense: Mercedes Lewis - didn't do much last season and I think that Tonyan and Sternberger should get the reps

Defense: Josh Jones - he wants out and will probably get it. He's still not showing me anything

Special Teams: Sorry Pappa, but they aren't cutting Crosby. Unless someone thinks that they will cut the long snapper, then the only real option here is Trevor Davis. I'd be fine giving Sheppard more touches. We've already seen that he provides more than Davis as a WR, so I'd take a slight step back on ST to give a rookie the opportunity.

• Agree Agree x 1