Curious case of Randall Cobb

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it just me, or is this guy not as impactful as he once was? Even before A.R.'S struggles, he's not been the force he once was. Anyone else feel his play has slipped and he's no longer one of the best?

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He did slip some, but has rebounded recently.

He was awesome vs. the Giants.

Against the Cowboys, he had seven catches and a TD. Should have had another long one and another TD with accurate throws.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree with Carl. He was out of the picture last year but seems focused this year. Making good catches and yac.

metallicblaze

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The biggest thing for me with Cobb is that he's gotta have perfect blocking to get a lot of yards (after the catch). He doesn't break many tackles and he doesn't quite have the burners a young DeSean Jackson might've had. But if we need a quick slant for a first down or a bubble screen, etc then he excels. He is most definitely a slot receiver, putting him outside is IMO a mistake. Of course, we had no choice last year.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does anyone else think it is dumb that he is not returning punts? Especially considering we have 900 wide receivers.

I mean if Pitt is using AB, is it really that big of a deal to use Cobb? Is he really more valuable than AB or Richard Sherman?

I will say Trevor Davis has been showing some good ability, but I never bought into the whole "Cobb is too valuable to use in punt/kick returning."

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he is too reckless and prone to injury for that type of play (too much guts). And yes, I believe he is too valuable for that.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He had 1 arm last year. He was the guy they focused on, on a team who had nobody else doing anything to take any pressure off. His struggles were hardly surprising. He's been a bright spot the past few weeks on an otherwise dismal team. Amazing what 2 good arms does.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he is too reckless and prone to injury for that type of play (too much guts). And yes, I believe he is too valuable for that.

I guess I just don't see it, to me AB is more important to his teams success. So is Jarvis Landry, Patrick Peterson, and D-Jax (when he was a returner) to their respective teams. But when those teams need wins, they put their best players on the field to do it.

Personally I think Cobb is an slightly above average mid tier receiver. 2014 was a beast year for him. No other year has he cracked 1,000 yards, or double digit touchdowns. But maybe now with Adams out, Nelson a step slower I could see it. But before that, I think he should have been back there.

Latest posts