Crosby Name St Player Of The Week

Reaction score
I'm a guy and I love Mason Crosby. haha... wait until a couple years from now when he is making pro bowls left and right!

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
I'm a guy and I love Mason Crosby. haha... wait until a couple years from now when he is making pro bowls left and right!

He'll have to stop missing those 35-45 yarders that sometimes seem to go bad on him, first.

But, we know he has the leg to try them long ones now.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I was a holder in college and I made a post last winter about what goes into making a kick in great detail and how much of the kicker's success is incumbent upon the holder. I made the point that Crosby had had a different holder every year of his career and how last year was Masthay's first time as a holder and it showed. Masthay was very inconsistent in his holds for the first 2/3 or so of last year and was taking a lot of time to get the ball down. For a successful kick, the kicker AND the holder have to be consistent. It's like shooting free throws. This year, Masthay has shown a huge improvement across the board in his holds and it's showing up on the scoreboard and in Crosby's kicks. I assure you, Crosby will continue to kick a high percentage as the season goes on unless something happens to Masthay and they put another inexperienced holder back there.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
.............. they put another inexperienced holder back there.

You mean like Flynn or Cobb? I always liked the idea of the backup QB holding for the threat of a fake. Didn't GB come out for a FG a few years back and run out of a normal offense alignment? Can't do that with Masthay holding.

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You mean like Flynn or Cobb? I always liked the idea of the backup QB holding for the threat of a fake. Didn't GB come out for a FG a few years back and run out of a normal offense alignment? Can't do that with Masthay holding.

But Mason Crosby is kicking FG's so why complain?
Tim Masthay might be able to throw a TD pass :)

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great post Green Blood. That is something that very few people consider. All of the blame is placed on the kicker when a fieldgoal is missed.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Read an interesting fact, only Longwell has missed a field goal in the NFC North.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts