Cowboy Fans rooting for the "Pack"

Dallas Packer Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GO PACKERS! Just want to say that the Packers are popular here in Cowboy Country. We wish the Packers all the luck in the world as they defeat the Steelers in the SB!! Packers-30 Steelers-17. My prediction.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this is just strange. I like Witten, Romo, Ware, and Troy Aikman. But I dont think I could cheer for the cowboys lol. Too much of a rivalry for me. But thanks for rooting for us.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I think Cowboy fans are rooting for the Pack because the alternative is worse. I know Cowboy fans don't want to see the Steelers get their 7th SB in their house.

Thanks for the support though.

I have had a lot of people tell me they are rooting for the Pack around Dallas. I just think the Cowboy fans like GB better than the Steelers slightly.

One guy on the radio said, "Great, we got cheeseheads and steeler fans coming. Gonna make Dallas smell like cheese and B.O. for a week!"

OP
OP
D

Dallas Packer Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I can understand how you guys feel about the Cowboys. I go back to the "Icebowl" and I hated the Packers. Bart Starr and Lombardy were the enemy but over the years That feeling has gone away. Too old for that silly stuff. Rodgers is, in my book, the best QB in the NFL. If he has a game like the one in Atlanta they will surely mop the field with the Steelers. If the Steelers were to win a 7th. it would not matter to me at all. Don't get me wrong, I am a Cowboy fan first and foremost. Not a Jerry Jones fan but still love the "Boys"

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
this is just strange. I like Witten, Romo, Ware, and Troy Aikman. But I dont think I could cheer for the cowboys lol. Too much of a rivalry for me. But thanks for rooting for us.

I could, depending on who they were playing. At this point, I think the only NFC teams I'd really struggle with rooting for would be Chicago and Minnesota. That would be tough for me.

I guess they don't bug me as much as they used to. Getting rid of Fat Wade (and beating them like a red headed stepchild) helped a lot. :lol:

LombardiChick

Reaction score
GO PACKERS! Just want to say that the Packers are popular here in Cowboy Country. We wish the Packers all the luck in the world as they defeat the Steelers in the SB!! Packers-30 Steelers-17. My prediction.

Like seeing this kind of support - thanks! GO PACK GO!

FOUR MORE QUARTERS!

LombardiChick

Reaction score
Well, I can understand how you guys feel about the Cowboys. I go back to the "Icebowl" and I hated the Packers. Bart Starr and Lombardy were the enemy but over the years That feeling has gone away. Too old for that silly stuff. Rodgers is, in my book, the best QB in the NFL. If he has a game like the one in Atlanta they will surely mop the field with the Steelers. If the Steelers were to win a 7th. it would not matter to me at all. Don't get me wrong, I am a Cowboy fan first and foremost. Not a Jerry Jones fan but still love the "Boys"

Are you glad Wade is gone? Curious how Cowboys fans feel about that.

I don't like the yappy coaches (Wade, Rex Ryan) so I was happy to see him go - plus, things got a lot better for you as soon as he was gone, it seemed. I was actually pretty happy to see that, too.

BearDroppings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hahaha two of my good friends are Cowboys fans(They are both from East Texas mind you) and they too want to pull for the Packers badly lol. I mean I personally despise Cowboys and anything they stand for. But however I do like guys like Romo, Witten, Ware, Haley, and Smith. All seem to be classy people, and they seem to get a bad reputation for playing on the Cowboys.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score

I can respect that! Cheers!! I think a lot of Cowboy fans feel the same way. Jerry Jones has been really damaging to the Cowboys imo.

OP
OP
D

Dallas Packer Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was time for Wade to go. He probably should have been gone a year ago. He was a likeable guy but wasn't that great as head coach. Dallas may never see another coach like Jimmy Johnson or Parcells as long as Jerry is the owner. He will never stop meddleing. As far as hating the Cowboys, they are the most hated and at the same time most liked nationwide. They have fans all over the world. They are #1 in Mexico.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was time for Wade to go. He probably should have been gone a year ago. He was a likeable guy but wasn't that great as head coach. Dallas may never see another coach like Jimmy Johnson or Parcells as long as Jerry is the owner. He will never stop meddleing. As far as hating the Cowboys, they are the most hated and at the same time most liked nationwide. They have fans all over the world. They are #1 in Mexico.

Thats like saying your the most popular guy in prison.

LombardiChick

Reaction score

Wow, I'm sort of surprised to see him described as "likeable". I thought he was obnoxious, arrogant, and cocky, and I think you're well rid of him...thanks for answering my question. That's very interesting! (Not the style of coach I'd like, but a lot of people are cool with it.)

I'm also a little surprised to see that the Cowboys are the most liked team nationwide. Hated, I get. LOL (Just teasing on the last part - do you really think they're still hated? I always thought people just mostly hated them in the Irvin/"white house"/fur-wearing, flamboyant era...don't you feel like that's all changed?)

OP
OP
D

Dallas Packer Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most popular guy in prison. OKay good analogy. Kind of like the NY Yankees or Boston Red Sox. People hate them because they have a winning tradition. They win too much.

OP
OP
D

Dallas Packer Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, I'm sort of surprised to see him described as "likeable". I thought he was obnoxious, arrogant, and cocky, and I think you're well rid of him...thanks for answering my question. That's very interesting! (Not the style of coach I'd like, but a lot of people are cool with it.)

I'm also a little surprised to see that the Cowboys are the most liked team nationwide. Hated, I get. LOL (Just teasing on the last part - do you really think they're still hated? I always thought people just mostly hated them in the Irvin/"white house"/fur-wearing, flamboyant era...don't you feel like that's all changed?)
Well, I never saw those traits in Phillips but maybe others did. Don't you think they're hated because they get too much attention and because they win a lot? No NFL city likes to go year after year with a losing record. It makes one frustrated and envious of other teams that win all the time. And yeah, Irvin, Sanders and lots of others were flamboyant and in your face but all NFL teams have those kind of attention seekers. Go Packers!!:happy0005:

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
You have to admit. Could Jimmy Johnson build a team like he had in the 90s with Jerry if the Vikings hadn't been fleeced? I mean C'Mon, any 1/2 way competent GM could build a SB team with three picks in the 1st,2nd,3rd rounds and 6 players (some where pro-bowlers). I'll Jimmy credit for being a good sales man and ******** the Vikes (GB kind of thanks you for that). But seriously, who doesn't fool the Vikings front office. LOL

OP
OP
D

Dallas Packer Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You have to admit. Could Jimmy Johnson build a team like he had in the 90s with Jerry if the Vikings hadn't been fleeced? I mean C'Mon, any 1/2 way competent GM could build a SB team with three picks in the 1st,2nd,3rd rounds and 6 players (some where pro-bowlers). I'll Jimmy credit for being a good sales man and ******** the Vikes (GB kind of thanks you for that). But seriously, who doesn't fool the Vikings front office. LOL
Who knows the answer to that? Maybe. Speculation. My thoughts are...who cares how you put your SB team together. The name of the game is "WIN" and if you make good trades for yourself you win. Same thing the Yankees do. Take away all the big time players from everybody else. If you can do it you win championships. Go Pack!!:happy0005:

LombardiChick

Reaction score
Well, I never saw those traits in Phillips but maybe others did. Don't you think they're hated because they get too much attention and because they win a lot? No NFL city likes to go year after year with a losing record. It makes one frustrated and envious of other teams that win all the time. And yeah, Irvin, Sanders and lots of others were flamboyant and in your face but all NFL teams have those kind of attention seekers. Go Packers!!:happy0005:
I think there exists a lot of contempt for teams that win "too much", yeah - see New England. Not really a team of yappers, but a hate-magnet nonetheless.

My personal opinion is that the type of characters on that Cowboys team made the hatred that much more acute. (But: At the time, I never thought I'd like Deion, but I rather like him on TV now...I enjoy hearing his opinions and I think he's hilariously funny at times. I don't mind Irvin, either. The one guy - not a Cowboy - I still can't stand is Shannon Sharpe. Yappy, yappy, yappy...still can't stand that guy.)

I don't think we have anyone really like that on this Packer team, but maybe I'm blinded by love or loyalty? I can't think of anyone in our case - is there someone you have in mind?

OP
OP
D

Dallas Packer Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think there exists a lot of contempt for teams that win "too much", yeah - see New England. Not really a team of yappers, but a hate-magnet nonetheless.

My personal opinion is that the type of characters on that Cowboys team made the hatred that much more acute. (But: At the time, I never thought I'd like Deion, but I rather like him on TV now...I enjoy hearing his opinions and I think he's hilariously funny at times. I don't mind Irvin, either. The one guy - not a Cowboy - I still can't stand is Shannon Sharpe. Yappy, yappy, yappy...still can't stand that guy.)

I don't think we have anyone really like that on this Packer team, but maybe I'm blinded by love or loyalty? I can't think of anyone in our case - is there someone you have in mind?
I honestly can't think of any player on the current Packer team that strikes me that way. As for Sharpe, I know what you mean. He is rather obnoxious and, maybe it's just me but, I can't understand half of what comes out of his mouth. You would think the producers would take this in to consideration when hiring these guys. Send them to speech classes or something. I'm constantly asking myself, what did he say? The Patriots I don't care for. Not because they win a lot it's the arrogance of Tom Brady and their coach who dresses like a street bum. Go Packers!!:happy0005:

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
As for Sharpe, I know what you mean. He is rather obnoxious and, maybe it's just me but, I can't understand half of what comes out of his mouth.

Whew, glad I'm not the only one that can't understand him. Thought I needed to get my hearing checked when I first heard him talk.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts