Could this happen? What would you take for Barry?

kuston

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys lose their starting RT for the year a couple of days ago. Tonight they find out his replacement is terrible. Rivera talks to Parcells and tells him about this backup RT in GB that is a road grader and would love to play with him again.

Mr. Parcells calls TT and offers a ? draft pick for Kevin Barry. TT thinks, after this year KB is unrestricted. Really don't have the $$ to resign him. Talks to the coach and coach says, Barry is the main man in the U-71 package. We built our offense around that formation. We can't replace him.

I've been thinking this for 2 days now, I've decided I'd trade Barry for a second round draft pick. Only because I can't imagine him being on the team in '06 and that 2nd round pick could be the next Walhe or Collins.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This all sounds very plausible, not only for the Cowboys but any other team that happens to lose its starting right tackle. Trading Barry would be a tough decision at this point, with training camp well underway and him having an important role in the offense. A second round pick would be tempting, though. Hmmmmmm. You know, at this point, I don't think I would do it. It would be cheating this year's team to trade Barry for a future prospect just a few weeks before the beginning of the season. Plus, I don't think another team would offer any more than a third-rounder.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't trade Berry for a draft choice unless it were a first rounder. I'd want a player that can step in and play here. Otherwise keep him and see what your line looks like at the end of the year. He's not going to command that much money next year.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would not trade him for a 3rd even with extra choices. We don't pick well in the 3rd rd. Darius Holland, Peterson, Sander, and Washington. At least we can't pick a D lineman, maybe a DB. :lol: :wink:

Gotta have a 2nd and a 7th, we do well in the 7th. :mrgreen: :wink:

Must remember when we trade a player like Barry he is going to step in and help this year. Even a first rd pick would probably not have an impact for us next year. If rookies can be adequate starters the first year, the team is fortunate. And you don't even know if he will make the team or if the team keeps him so they don't have to absorb his signing bonus. That has happened you know. :mrgreen:

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't see any team giving a #1 and I would like more than a #2 for him. More than likely Dal would offer a 3 and I wouldn't want just than for the big guy.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with Traxx - we should get at least two draft choices for the guy.
I'd go with a #2 and a #5 or a #6 - Parcells might actually go for it, too!

At this stage of the season, no one would give up a #1 pick... maybe later on, they would...

Members online

Latest posts