Cosey Coleman - OG ( Tampa) to visit Green Bay

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm still reading the write-ups... but he's also slated to go visit the Browns, as well... I do believe! One thing to remember - in FA, TT's not going to spend much - So, any player who is a FA at this point in time would have to 'really' want to be a Green Bay Packer - in the same vein as Brett Favre... and then after that ...he'd have to earn that big payday later on.... TT's going after the Draft!

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tampa Bay Bucaneers

# 60 Cosey Coleman - Position: G
Height: 6-4 - Weight: 322
Born: 10/27/1978
College: Tennessee
NFL Experience: 5 (all with Tampa Bay)

He's a big fella..... but there's some injury reports I'm still reading.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.sptimes.com/2002/08/14/Bucs/ ... Cole.shtml

http://espn.go.com/nfl/news/2002/1022/1449569.html

http://www.cracksmoker.com/NFL/NFL%20ColemanC.htm

http://www.superbowl.com/news/story/6136934

Are we sure of what we're looking at? Coleman's got good size, but his head appears to be in the wrong place... I think I can positively say Bill Belicheck is not entertaining thoughts about this guy.... From his behavior, he lacks a higher intelligence! We need smarter guys out there on the field...

IPBprez

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whew - I wish the man well - but according to the multiple articles I was reading? He brings a lot of baggage... Moreso than I think Ted Thompson wants the Packers to put up with....

Hang in there gang - we'll get -r- done!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
sixone220 said:
and the other is freddie jones as a backup plan for bubba. wish we'd sign em both.

Cosey or however his name is has signed with the Browns. I was listening to the radion on lunch and they were talkin pretty high on jones that he'd be a good consolation 'prize' if we lose Franks.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Slick --- Do a background check on this Jones fella..... see what you can come up with.

I hope it looks better than those articles I found on the first guy!
Remember - We don't hear about Michael Irvin type problems with the Patriots players... Hence, it comes to Spock Logic that the Packers would do well to avoid those type of players too!

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you don't need to read up on him. i've watched him quite a bit. a couple inches shorter than bubba but about the same weight. i think he catches more passes but doesn't see the red zone looks that bubba gets. IMO, he is a very underrated TE and i would love to get him.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sixone220 said:
you don't need to read up on him. i've watched him quite a bit. a couple inches shorter than bubba but about the same weight. i think he catches more passes but doesn't see the red zone looks that bubba gets. IMO, he is a very underrated TE and i would love to get him.

If we lose Bubba, I'd like to get Jones too. I'd love it even more if we could have both Jones and Bubba and do some 2 tightend stuff like the Chmura/Jackson days, but I doubt we could afford both of them with needs at safety and guard.

Jones isn't the greatest blocker, but he's a pretty decent receiver. If I wanted a complete TE I'd rather have Bubba over Jones, but if I wanted a pass catching TE, I'd rather have Jones than Bubba.

There were times down here in Arizona where I'd see Jones wide open, and the QB never seen him. Jones would kind of throw his arms up in frustration. Favre wouldn't miss those opportunites.

Jones will point fingers once in awhile if the ball isn't thrown to him, but I doubt he'd do that with Favre at QB.

I hope we get Bubba back, but if we don't I hope we get Jones because he can bring something to the table too.

mattresell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=29.895425+-
I read this thread earlier, but didn't comment til I heard what AZ packerfan had to say since he gets to watch him regularly. Now that I've heard his opinion, here's mine. We need to bring Bubba back. He can do whatever is needed in the passing game. Right now, we only need him in the redzone, but a few years back he was an important part of the offense between the 20s. He's a great blocker which goes underestimated in our running game.

I too would like to have both Bubba and Freddie so we could do 2 TE stuff like we did with Keith and Mark, but the money can be spent better elsewhere. Besides, I think we can do 2 TE stuff with Steele this year.

Members online

Latest posts