Corey Dillion?

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Sure we have some... 5 maybe six on the O that will start or play heavy minutes...

Brett, DD, Tauscher, Cliffy, Wells.. Maybe Bubba....

Colledge, Spitz, Moll, Jennings, and Lee have moderate playing time but give us little in experience...

Name another player on the O that brings experience.... Krob or Fergy?

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe there is sufficient experience on the offense now that the middle of the line and Jennings has a year behind them. NFL personnel people say the greatest improvement an offensive lineman will see is in their second year.
The first year it's all about footwork, balance, pad level, hands, the plays, responsibilities, etc., all going thru their heads at the same time. The second year they can go out and play without thinking as much.

Individually and collectively I would expect this group to be better. They got plenty of playing time last year. Like they say by the last part of the season they're not rookies anymore.

The RB position is one that does not require as much of the technique part of it like lineman go thru.They need to know the plays and give them the ball. Many young RB's do very well in the first year.

People already talking like the kid is going to be out for sure and haven't even started contact yet. A little speculation is fine but we don't know that this kid will get hurt. He's probably not going to get the ball THAT much right away.

I think RB will be one of the most competitively fought positions out there and I really don't think we will be "*****in" about them all that much myself.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
While I don't and can't disagree that they will be better this year, why the opposition to adding some veteran competition and depth to a squad that is so young...

I see nothing but benefits to it; if the youngsters are better they play... if not they learn from others... plus we have a little cushion of the experience factor to fall back on.. IMO.

You are dead on with the assessment of playing instead of thinking this year compared to last.. but new things will come about and what I am saying is with a complete youth movement we have little support for these guys to turn to or for that matter to replace them in the lineup if something shall happen.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts