Corey Bradford

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey is there somthing wrong with Bradford? Because he is still free and floating around out there as far as I know. If there is nothing wrong with him(by wrong i mean injured) why do we not get him? He knows the west coast offense and he knows Favre and Favre knows him. I know he really is only a deep threat, but its another guy to help spreat out the field.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The packers cut him then Detroit gave him a $2 million bonus then cut him..

Even with the lack of depth at the WR spot, why would they take him back?

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not holding my breath. Bradford has been around for eight or nine years now and has failed to make an impact anywhere. At this point in his career, he has no upside. Thompson is more interested in acquiring young guys who may have some potential.

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I don't think the Packers cut him. I could be wrong but didn't he leave GB because he was picked by Houston in the expansion draft?

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:

I don't think the Packers cut him. I could be wrong but didn't he leave GB because he was picked by Houston in the expansion draft?

I believe you are correct.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
We could use some experience in the WR though.... someone to help the new guys more and take some pressure off Driver....

Can anyone really explain why Charles Rogers hasnt been brought in for a look.... off the field problems yes... but we took a risk with Robinson... his injuries were to his collar bone 2 staight years... his talent couldnt have disappeared?

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT has made it pretty clear that he is not interested in trying to re-write a player's history. He knows what they have to offer and it just isn't enough. He has decided to re-build whether he admits it or not. To me, that's just what it will take to bring back a "Lombardi" to GB. Maybe I'm just an old dreamer but I see new blood coming aboard that may well be stars of the future. I don't understand TT's love for Fergy. He obviously sees something few others do. I'll grant him a mulligan on Fergy, though. The rest of his plan has merit, IMHO. If somehow next year we can keep people healthy, we'll start to see a different, more exciting team. But, as always, building a solid OL will be the most important ingredient. I worry about our tackles. But I have much confidence in the 3 interior OL. They WILL be great sooner rather than later.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
longtimefan said:

TY!!!

OP
OP
A

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT has made it pretty clear that he is not interested in trying to re-write a player's history. He knows what they have to offer and it just isn't enough. He has decided to re-build whether he admits it or not. To me, that's just what it will take to bring back a "Lombardi" to GB. Maybe I'm just an old dreamer but I see new blood coming aboard that may well be stars of the future. I don't understand TT's love for Fergy. He obviously sees something few others do. I'll grant him a mulligan on Fergy, though. The rest of his plan has merit, IMHO. If somehow next year we can keep people healthy, we'll start to see a different, more exciting team. But, as always, building a solid OL will be the most important ingredient. I worry about our tackles. But I have much confidence in the 3 interior OL. They WILL be great sooner rather than later.

I wasnt thinking about him coming back and have his "history rewriten" But what i was thinking is that if he did come back it would help spread out the field for the Packers. I dont know how good Martin is even though he didnt look bad. But at least Bradford knows the system well and is used to playing with Favre. If he can run deep, I think we should get him. If for no other reason than to take pressure off Driver/Jennings

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Brett has sung praises for Fergy as well...And it was just like2 weeks ago that he was doing it again..So Fergy does and says tihngs on all days OTHER then game day to make the Brett and TT to think he is really good??

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i always like bradford as a person & i didn't think he was a horrible player either. i say, what the heck - sign him to a short term contract & see what the boy can do back in the land of green & gold. i mean, can it REALLY hurt us - with the salary issues & such??

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
who is to say francies or martin (or bodiford) isnt as good as bradford? you KNOW what you get with Bradford, which is a little below average play.

With Francies, Martin, and Bodiford, they could be just as good(bad) and possibly a lot better, due to their age and whatnot, and since thats what this team\year seems to be about, why not see what we have in those youths?

I dont understand signing a medciore WR when we already have YOUNG mediocre WRs who could develop into solid to good recievers.

thats just me though.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i got no problem with seeing what the young guys can do, trommy.
just thought if we had a need for the long ball, bradford might work. i actually thought the young guys did a terrific job last week & am very hopeful for their future in GB.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dendy played better on sunday than ahmad carrol ever has. he actually knocked some balls down, instead of just knocking down the wr's.

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he couldn't do anything here in Detroit. Might be an okay number 3 or 4 reciever if you need one though. He was almost invisible on the field. And that was playing with guys like Mike furry and Eddie Drummond. Mike Furry took the number 2 spot away from Bradford pretty fasst.

Members online

Latest posts