Congrats to Charles Woodson - Defense Player of the Year

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Dunno why there is no article on GB main site, but the packer pro shop sent me an email saying Charles Woodson was named Defense Player of the Year!

Congrats to Charles Woodson! He deserves this!

Only the 2nd Green Bay player to achieve this.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dunno why there is no article on GB main site, but the packer pro shop sent me an email saying Charles Woodson was named Defense Player of the Year!

Congrats to Charles Woodson! He deserves this!

Only the 2nd Green Bay player to achieve this.
He's DPOY twice.
With AP and the Sporting News.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure there was one 2 days ago when it was first released. Woodson even had a press conference on the 12th with a video that you can watch on packers.com. Packers.com » News » Press Releases » January 12, 2010: Charles Woodson Press Conference Transcript - Jan. 12
I definately agree that he does deserve this!
Here's some highlights from his PC:
(Can you describe what your attitude was like when you first arrived here, and when and how that changed?)
I've told this story a million times, and it's not a secret that I didn't want to come to Green Bay. It was really the only option for me at the time, and of course there was a negative perception out there about me, so whatever Ted seen and Mike seen and this organization seen in me to pretty much overlook that and bring me in I think says a lot about them. I got here, and it was rough because I just couldn't get over that fact mentally, of only having one option leaving from out of Oakland. It took some time. It just took me playing football, playing good football, and we were able to get past a lot of things early. Just the way that this organization, the way they take care of you, the community is great. The way Mike has taken care of me, our relationship has gotten a lot better. Just the people here have been good, all over the state of Wisconsin. I've gotten to meet a lot of great people in this state who -- a lot of them texted me today and told me congratulations on the award -- that have made this transition a great transition for me, and it was truly a blessing coming to Green Bay.

(Is there a perception still out there in the NFL that Green Bay is sort of a frozen outpost, and do you think your words could send a message?)
Yeah, I think there is, but I think you have to come here. I think you have to be willing to kind of get past that and just come here. This is a great place to play football, and again, the way they take care of you around here, organization, staff, the community loves its players. The people here really respect you if you work hard. That's all they ask from you. If people around the league or whoever have an opportunity to take a look at Green Bay, I think they should.

(Was the issue just you didn't want to be here?)
That was it.

(What turned you?)
Playing. Playing, the organization again, Mike, the players on the team, and time. Those were all of the things that did it. I had to get over some things. I had to open my mind up. I think George Koonce was probably one of the biggest reasons I was able to get over some of those differences. Him just being a friend to me and him, a lot of the relationships I have here and around Wisconsin are because of him. He helped me a great deal. We talk a great deal still today, and having people like that around me helped me out a lot.

own3dhs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ay! hoorah for woodson!!

hope to see him on the team for another good 5 years :D

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I got here, and it was rough because I just couldn't get over that fact mentally, of only having one option leaving from out of Oakland.

I used to give TT a lot of credit for bringing Chuck to Green Bay. Even though he obviously did bring him, it wasnt that much credit to him.

Hopefully TT will pop his head out of his *** a bit more and check the FA pool out more. I am not saying break the bank like Dallas and Washington do, but we need some more veteran talent to step in.

Sound like MM needs a big "atta boy" for taking care of Wood though! :happy0005:

Members online

Latest posts