Conference Championship Thread

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A surprise in New England so far. 14-3 Jags are up. Jags OC is calling a perfect game so far controlling the clock. Like most I'd prefer to see a Jacksonville/Phily win today.

OP
OP
LambeauLombardi

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pats getting all the 50/50 calls. A huge delay of game was called on a Jacksonville 3rd down conversion up 14-3. Also a very sketchy PI call on Brandon Cooks. Excited to see the 2nd half, but these refs need to get it together.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are we at all least surprised that the patriots are going to the Super Bowl again... he either plays Nick Foles or Case Keenum I will gladly bet everything on Brady lol

OP
OP
LambeauLombardi

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If it's Vikings vs Patriots there's a decent chance I may not tune in. Regardless it looks like either New England or Minnesota is going to win it (just don't see any way Phily beats NE in a dome). Lose lose situation.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
If McCarthy can’t get it done and is shown the door, I would put Frank ***** on my short list.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, the Patriots do it again. They are amazing, I must admit. It seems like they through a lot of deep balls hoping they would get an interference flag though. Oh well, whatever works.

In the trophy ceremony, I thought they were booing Drew Bledsoe until I realized they were yelling "Dreeeeeewwwww". Bledsoe is frigging tall, he was towering over Brady, who is 6'4" himself..

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Watching this game just solidified how awful our back up qb was this year.

Was thinking the same thing......but then again...how awful was our defense? Until the Packers have a halfway decent defense, it will always take a FHOF QB to keep them in games.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Interesting tidbit......In the last 61 minutes 18 seconds of the Vikings season, they were outscored 62-19.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
From the 2nd half of the saints game their D got exposed hard.

P.S This was my 777th post on the forum. I wonder if Good luck might come my way....
As I use this good JuJu in hopes the Eagles can defeat the Pats.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
My youngest son is a Jaguars fan. He is convinced that as soon as the Jags started getting too big a lead over the Patriots the zebras started throwing flags on the Jags and let the Patriots get away with murder. I told him I thought there were simply some careless penalties on the secondary. But he was like a dog with a bone and wouldn't let go of it.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So the vikings have a superior defense and where did it get them? They lose a DB for a while and a safety for a half and give up 40+ to a back up. I know, a 1 game sample, though they didn't look much better 2nd half against the saints. They certainly didn't adapt very well. Now, lets see them lose Smith for a career, Rhodes for much of 2 seasons and then retire and see them drafting at 30 and replace those guys too.

It's important to have your important people on the field. When you don't have them, it's hard to win. This other team GB should be more like all year according to fans, STILL hasn't even sniffed the success GB has had, let alone sustained it. but still, next year will probably be another team we should be.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My youngest son is a Jaguars fan. He is convinced that as soon as the Jags started getting too big a lead over the Patriots the zebras started throwing flags on the Jags and let the Patriots get away with murder. I told him I thought there were simply some careless penalties on the secondary. But he was like a dog with a bone and wouldn't let go of it.
I'm not letting it go either. that first PI was crap. They've been playing like that all over the league for a lot of the season. He had perfect position and much of the contact was initiated completely by the WR trying to push the DB out of the way so he could get back in the play and get position. By the time the ball was overthrown and inside, the DB was playing it perfectly and head around and the offensive guy gives him a shove in the back of the head. at the absolute worst, that could have been illegal contact if they really really really wanted to throw a flag. But then up till that point the Pats hadn't done a lot and they needed to get them back in the game. So they gave them the ball at the 13 instead. :)

The Pats are good, they seem to take advantage of every opportunity. but they seem to get the calls too. Did they even get a flag against them? I saw 2 3rd down plays for the Jags where it appeared the defender came over their back early and oddly enough, we never got to see a replay?? Not saying they were or not, but I would have loved to see a replay other than the 1 blimp view Tony used to talk about a receiver coming open on the opposite side of the field? Gee, thanks for showing the replay where we would have been able to tell if the defender was early or not.

and I hate those jump ball penalties, I hate them no matter who benefits, even us. Want a penalty, throw a better ball. It was a jump ball and the defender had his head back and playing the ball the entire way. It was backyard .500 at it's finest. I'm not sure the Jags get that call, but you KNOW the Pats are.

To their credit, they took advantage of every opportunity, it's what they always do, but I can't help thinking the refs helped them when they needed it most.

Latest posts