1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Concussions..who here has had them & how many?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by OldSchoolFan, Dec 16, 2010.

1. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +307
    I have had at least 4, first one was when I slipped on the ice when I was 11, two in high school playing football, one at 28 when a car rear ended me while I was sitting at a stoplight and I hit the steering wheel. (before airbags.)

What I remember about them ( no pun intended) was a terrible headache that lasted a few days, and one of the two in high school that did not knock me cold, playing in almost a dreamlike world with fuzzy edges and almost tunnel vision. Of course back in those old days we were taught to lead with our helmets, and I broke 3 during my high school career. The one that did knock me cold, broke the helmet where the face mask attached and left me a nice little reminder where they sewed me back up with 8 stiches over my left eye.

They are serious and they are scary, I'll leave the Rodger's game time decision in the doctor's hands.

2. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,481
    I been knocked out 3 times..

in 4th grade guy threw me into concrete wall

7th grade slipped on wrestling mat and head hit gym floor..woke up while jogging around with rest of class

last one got hit by fork truck at work..Woke up while co-workers were carrying me to a bathroom to wash off the blood oozing from head

Not sure if I had concussions, but sure as hell hurt!!

3. gbpack12_2_89

gbpack12_2_89 Bleeding Green and Gold

Ratings:
    +192
    6 my first one I slipped on the garage floor and was knocked out for 26 hours (some say that's the reason I'm kind of slow) lol and the rest were from when I used to box (guess you could say I wasn't a real good fighter either haha)

4. PackerFanLV

PackerFanLV Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +181
    I had 2 both do to football one was 10th grade high school tried to hit a 190lb full back and i was like 133lbs i stilled played went out for like 2 series then came back in. The second one was the worse one i was playing semi pro and i went to hit the running back and hit helmet to helmet i have no idea how i got back to the huddle but i told my teammates i didnt know where the hell i was, i didnt know how i got to the field i really dont remember much i couldnt sleep for a day and had a headache for about a week. that was a long story short.

5. Croak

Croak Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,975
    I had one when I was in Jr. High. I stepped off the school bus before it was completely stopped. My feet twisted out from under me and my head hit the macadam. I knew something was wrong when the temporary dizziness subsided and I couldn't read. All the letters were all mixed up. I was good to go in about 3 -4 days.

6. ilovemypackers

ilovemypackers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +125
    I had one when I was 7; sitting at the picnic table, it was really hot and I fell backward onto the cement pad, I got knocked out, but I could hear my mom shrieking and I incorporated that into the idea that we were being invaded by aliens.. when I finally woke up I told my mom about my "dream", she took me to the hospital because I had a huge goose egg on the back of my head.
    No permanent damage I guess. I'm surprised I remember the details.

7. GreenGoldAngel

GreenGoldAngel Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +133
    I had my fair share.
    1) Age five, watching an American Legion baseball game, standing close to third base with my dad and got nailed by a line drive.
    2) about age 6, our back porch was being repaired and they removed the safety railing, someone opened and a door and a I took a 10 foot head first dive onto a cement floor.
    3) I had a favorite aunt and she was practicing golf swings. I got a little to close and found out what a 5-iron felt like.
    4) When my car drove me into a telephone pole
    5) When my car drove me into a light post
    6) When my car drove me into a road block
    7) When my car drove me into a tree after rolling over twice
    Is there a pattern here?
    8-100) whenever the good nuns wanted to teach me a lesson...LOL ..made that part up but 1-7 are true

8. SCpackerfan

SCpackerfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +21
    Im going to stay away from you on the road :biggrin:

Ive only had one, and it was my senior year of high school playing football. I was a DB and undercut a receivers route but had to jump for it, when I caught it he brought me down in a horse collar tackle and the first thing to hit the ground was my head. I wasnt knocked out but everything was blurry and I couldnt walk straight.

9. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    I don't know if I've had one, but once when I was young I tried to do a backflip on a pool and hit the back of my head on the edge, which was made of concrete.

Oh, and my mom says that when I was 2 I fell off from the top of a slide head on. In retrospect, that explains a lot.

You don't happen to be a South Park fan, do you?

10. JCpackers04

JCpackers04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +17

why the hell was the bus door open before the bus stopped? lol. is that just an American school bus thing?

ive only had one and it happened during a soccer game. the only one ive had happened behind the play. when i play soccer in a competitive setting i play the role of an "agitator with decent abilities" as in i piss people off and if the right opportunity presents itself i can score. however, i wouldnt classify myself as a "gamebreaker."

anyways i was running my mouth to someone on the other team and he literally told me "you better shut your mouth or im taking you down." so this is a perfect line to respond with a pfft! yeah right kinda answer. wellllllll...he took me down. lol. did the classic put your leg behind their leg and push them over. i wasnt expecting it AT ALL and my head hit the ground. not a serious concussion at all, and i finished the last like 15 minutes of the game. wasnt till after i really started to feel the effects.

11. Veretax

Veretax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    I got one wrestling one time. Guy caught me off guard with a take down an dI landed flat on my back and actually blacked out for a bit of time....

12. Grave

Grave Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +81
    I hav had 53 conkushuns. Or, wuz it 63? I fogett. But i gut no bad efeks and am nowe a Us Senutur!

13. Pat4DaPack

Pat4DaPack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +180
    I actually hit my head real bad a couple weeks ago and thought I had one.