Coming to Green Bay

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Missed the point of the article maybe?

By the way, it might be interesting to read a Mike Vandermausse column on Bob Harlan's big mistake of listening to Favre on Mike Sherman. It's at Packersnews.com .... can't miss it if you go. It'll defeat your contention that players don't wield great influence. Some do and Brett did. I'm glad it's in PRINT or you'd never take my word for it.

OP
OP
B

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's no question players wield influence, however I don't think any GM would go out and get a player he was totally against getting only because an important player on his team said he wanted the guy.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

oannes said:
By the way, it might be interesting to read a Mike Vandermausse column on Bob Harlan's big mistake of listening to Favre on Mike Sherman. It's at Packersnews.com .... can't miss it if you go. It'll defeat your contention that players don't wield great influence. Some do and Brett did. I'm glad it's in PRINT or you'd never take my word for it.

And the point I'm making is I never questioned players having influence. That was something he pulled out of his ***. I even alluded to players having influence when I stated Elway was a gamer changer at age 32, there was friction between he and Reeves and Reeves departed.

Pack93z

Reaction score
Pack93z said:

oannes said:

And the point I'm making is I never questioned players having influence. That was something he pulled out of his ***. I even alluded to players having influence when I stated Elway was a gamer changer at age 32, there was friction between he and Reeves and Reeves departed.

I was trying to help :) That is not in reference to yours.. it is too.. Bertram's post about players not influencing others... multiple responses in a single post. That is all..

Pack93z

Reaction score
There's no question players wield influence, however I don't think any GM would go out and get a player he was totally against getting only because an important player on his team said he wanted the guy.

Reid didn't listen to and follow McNabb's recruitment of TO at the Pro Bowl a few years back?

I would say certain players have influence, yes.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Pack93z said:

oannes said:

I was trying to help :) That is not in reference to yours.. it is too.. Bertram's post about players not influencing others... multiple responses in a single post. That is all..

Ahhhhhh, I see. I apologize Oannes.

Reaction score
Wow, just heard that Williams tested positive for Marijuana AGAIN last month, and he isn't coming back into the NFL before September at the earliest.

This guy (Ricky) is a moron...

Reaction score
:lol:

Every time the Vikings win a game... God kills a cat.

Going by that premise, I guess the Vikings weren't just loosing because they sucked, but because they are humanitarians.. trying to save cats.

Yes, I'm amazingly bored for spinning this post so off-topic from the thread. :|

Oannes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
from Packersnews.com

To his face, I would tell Favre to keep talking. But there was a point in my column last week about his "rambling." Packers chairman Bob Harlan used one Favre utterance following the 2000 season — "This is the best team chemistry we've had since I've been here" — to help build a case for Mike Sherman to become both coach and general manager, and that was a mistake.

Favre sometimes says things that shouldn't be taken at face value. Did he really think the 9-7 Packers in 2000 had better team chemistry than the Super Bowl teams in 1996 and 1997? I doubt it. In the excitement of a four-game win streak to close out the 2000 season, he likely was using hyperbole to emphasize the team was coming together.

Remember Favre's comment last summer about the 2006 Packers having more talent than any team he played on in Green Bay? Trust me, Favre didn't mean last year's team was better than the Packers of the mid-1990s. Again, he was exaggerating to make a point. There's nothing wrong with that, as long as listeners don't take every comment literally.

+++ Usually agree with MV and this time I most certainly do, even though his initials are worse than Vernon Davis'. Who wants the same initials as the MINNESOTA VIKINGS?

So, you want to go further off topic...??...

By the way, I think this will be met with a thunderous roar.... I'm going to be pretty scarce around here for awhile. Wife just found out she's pregnant with our 3rd. Lots of issues there. I'm thrilled though!

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Oannes isn't going to be around for a while then who is going to string out discussions by arguing points with poor logic.

This board is turning into the male version of soap operas; a mid-day drama-based waste of time.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Oannes isn't going to be around for a while then who is going to string out discussions by arguing points with poor logic.

This board is turning into the male version of soap operas; a mid-day drama-based waste of time.
First......CONGRATS OANNES!!!

Second........You don't have to worry......there is someone that is the absolute genius at using poor logic. If you don't know that by now, i'm sure you will soon enough. :thumbsup:

Oannes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Timmons,

Don't kid yourself...your love of football is the equivalent of watching soap operas. By the way, do your posts ever have more than one sentence? I'm anxious to get a look at your reasoning abilities. :)

Plus, how else do you get through a slow time like this without dragging things out? You need a lightning rod like me. I enjoy posting during the off season. That's where you address issues. During the season the focus is on one game to the next. Plenty to talk about when an opponent is a few days away.

THANK YOU 93z! I wish it was a happier occasion for my wife. Nobody cares about my posts much less my personal issues! :)

Sorry, Timmons... I have a few minutes to myself so I just want to spend them with my "friends" here. In general, I'm going to be spending a lot of time away from here because there's just far too much going on for me to be spending the kind of time I have here. Have a glass of kool aid for me in my honor.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Timmons,

Don't kid yourself...your love of football is the equivalent of watching soap operas.

Plus, how else do you get through a slow time like this without dragging things out? You need a lightning rod like me. I enjoy posting during the off season. That's where you address issues. During the season the focus in on one game to the next. Plenty to talk about when an opponent is a few days away.

THANK YOU 93z! I wish it was a happier occasion for my wife. Nobody cares about my posts much less my personal issues! :)
I care more about your personal issues then your posts! I truely hope and pray it turns out well for you. I was never blessed with children. My wife had a few misscarriages though. So i truely care that this works out well for you and your wife and baby!

Oannes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cheesey... Thank you. My heart goes out to you and your wife. We haven't had an easy time of it. Our first was diagnosed autistic and our 2nd is getting tested for it here in the next few weeks. A lot of trepidation over that issue. We had our hearts broken once, and may have to have it broken all over again. The 2nd birth literally almost killed my wife and we almost lost the child. She's beyond freaked out that she's going to die, and, or the child will be autistic. so this was not happy news for her.

There's a lot more to it, but I've probably said too much already.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cheesey... Thank you. My heart goes out to you and your wife. We haven't had an easy time of it. Our first was diagnosed autistic and our 2nd is getting tested for it here in the next few weeks. A lot of trepidation over that issue. We had our hearts broken once, and may have to have it broken all over again. The 2nd birth literally almost killed my wife and we almost lost the child. She's beyond freaked out that she's going to die, and, or the child will be autistic. so this was not happy news for her.

There's a lot more to it, but I've probably said too much already.
Hey....don't worry.....i sure won't tell her you told us!
Anyway.........usually we don't get to find out what the other people on here are going through. Sometimes it helps us with perspective when we find out these kinds of things.
I know with myself, there are days when i shouldn't come here, as i might bite someone's head off because of my problem on that particular day.
There are alot more important things in life then football. (Hope i don't get a bunch of hate PM's for saying that!)

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packer President Robert Harlan is quoted an article in Green Bay Press-Gazette in Sunday May 7, 2007 Edition page C-4 (the sports section".It is an article written by PG Sports Editor, Mike Vandermause. The Article is entitled Harlan reflects on "golden moments"l
"Harlan was brutally honest about the Packers in the 1980 when the team , in his own words "kept bringing these people who weren't football people.
They were thugs."

"It was embarrassing. Harlan said. "We were making more news in the crime section than on the sport pages. It became a joke. We were doing things that were embarrassing not only to the Packers, I thought they were embarrassing to The national Football League."

The landscape has changed dramatically. Harlan proudly points to a
Sports Illustrated poll last year among current players and former players that rated the Packers the classiest organiiation in the NFL.

"Everytime I make a speech, I talk about that, how important that was to me and to the organization ." he said. "Our fans expect us to have class.
They want us to win with class and have class."

If any poster on this topic thinks Ricky Williams is some one the Packer Organization wants in the Packer locker room. 'They are not as knowledgeable about the Packer organization ,as he or she thinks they are.

The new NFL Commissioner Goddell has warned the NFL franchise about their players that continually break laws. And just a short while ago Goddell decide to start a compaign to clean up the law braker problems in the NFL. Ask "Packman" about that!!! Goddell game him a year's suspension from NFL, to think about his problems with the law!!

And some of posters on this topic, think that the Packers are going to bring Williams in to Green Bay. Get Reall!!!

jessefly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah i highly doubt it....if supposedly TT thought Moss had issues then this guy def. has some. i doubt hes coming

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Timmons said:

Second........You don't have to worry......there is someone that is the absolute genius at using poor logic. If you don't know that by now, i'm sure you will soon enough. :thumbsup:

Keep starting **** buddy. You have a hard-on for me and I love it

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Timmons said:

Keep starting **** buddy. You have a hard-on for me and I love it
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts