1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Come Get Your Kool-aid Thread

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by gatorpack, Sep 5, 2014.

1. gatorpack

gatorpack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +171
    Bulaga could miss a game or less!
    Rodgers is healthy
    Run D can only improve
    Running game WILL improve
    Haha looks good in coverage!!!!!!!
    Shields is worth the money
    Peppers can clay will kill QB this year
    We will be in the playoffs!
    We don't have to face Seattle until the playoffs!

2. easyk83

easyk83 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +634
    Aye, I think more of the pieces are in place than people think. Someone needs to get Capers to trust his CBs more. IMHO the strongest parts of this defense are our pass rushers and Williams/Shields. Trust the CBs to hang on in tough circumstances and good things will come of it. No more light nickle against two tight end sets.

3. Sanguine camper

Sanguine camper Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +200
    Anyone who mentions the Packers and making the Super Bowl this year is delusional. They have lost 6 in a row to SF and Seattle. That is not an accident but a king sized trend. Unless the team can somehow get much tougher they would lose another 6 in a row.

• Old Old x 1
  4. Leather&Lacy

Leather&Lacy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    Counting them out after losing the first game of the season to the best team in the league? Nonsense.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,592
    Well, to get to the Super Bowl you have to beat the elite teams which the Packers aren't capable of as of late.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. PackManDan

PackManDan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +42
    I predict a 12-4 season for the Packers. As far as how they will do in the playoffs. I'm not sure yet, hopefully not one and done. I just heard that Bulaga tore his MCL and is expected to miss 2-4 weeks. So let's say he misses 3 games. Comes back...I just don't have confidence in him anymore. I feel like on any given down and on "Any Given Sunday" he can go down injured again. He has proven it time and time again.

It bothers me that we wasted a 1st round pick in 2010 AND 2011 on two offensive lineman who haven't really done much at all for our team, especially Sherrod. First round pick??? Geez.

7. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,695
    I don't think it's a matter of trusting man coverage. It's a matter of man coverage making the D vulnerable to QB scrambling and those misdirection Harvin gadget plays and the like. I'm sure the image of Kaepernick being 20 yards down the field before it is recognized is seared in Caper's brain.

• Like Like x 1
  8. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,695
    It's not that the Packers lost; it is how they lost.

Granted, it is still early and this Seahawks team might be the best of the decade. The defense certainly is. I must say, after the run game, their offense looks like a collection of gimmicks...albeit gimmicks that neither the Broncos nor the Packers could figure out how to stop.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. ExpatPacker

ExpatPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +630
    In 2011 it was the Giants. In 2012-13 it was the 49ers. This year it's the Seashawks. Each of these teams put an arse-whupping on the Packers, the 9ers several times in fact and the Packer defense was pretty much crushed. Nor did Aaron Rodgers rise to the occasion and put on a performance that only truly great QBs can do once in a while.

It keeps happening.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,592
    Actually playing man coverage and moving the safeties closer to the LOS should help contain guys like Kaepernick and Harvin.

11. Dagger85

Dagger85 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +207
    People who are counting teams out after week 1 are similar to people who are saying their team is going to win the Super Bowl after week 1. And you'd think Packer fans would know this because we experienced it first hand. A 2010 season where we struggled at times, didn't appear to be clicking and suddenly, we get hot to end the season and win the entire Super Bowl. Fast forward to 2011, we look unstoppable and lose the first playoff game.

Bottom line- Focus on winning your division, the game the next week and putting the pieces of the puzzle together throughout the season. Because once January comes, all bets are off.

• Winner Winner x 7
  12. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,695
    Somehow it doesn't work out that way. Kaepernick gashed us when Burnett blew contain and again when he ran underneath a Bush blitz. And when he cleared the LOS clean, the man D had it's back to the play leaving a 20 yard vacuum to run through. Your odds are better containing a running QB when the guys are facing the ball and not flying all over the place.

I like our man D + blitz against the division QBs, however.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,592
    Well, during last year 's playoff game it wasn't the scheme that didn't work but individual mistakes or guys hobbling around on a bad knee not being able to catch Kaepernick.

14. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,695
    Arizona has developed a knack for beating their division rivals. I'll be rooting for Carson Palmer this season.

15. easyk83

easyk83 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +634
    That's a good indictment of Ted Thompson, if TT provided a fast 4.4-4.5 Bobby Wagner type at ILB Capers could run more man coverage outside.

16. HardRightEdge

HardRightEdge Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3,695
    Well, I suppose there's some solace in knowing that some very good teams in this league have looked shabby in the early weeks of the season. There's a long way to go.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,010
    I can`t believe some have written us off already after one game ? I`m disappointed but hardly surprised by the result on Thursday, and yes, I did see the game. That was the Superbowl champions in their own stadium.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. mhnessie

mhnessie Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,068
    You are right Bill, but I didnt expect us to be outclassed. I really thought we would have a chance. But this game was more like a "padded practice" for the Seahawks. I find this quite frustrating. :(

19. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,010
    I understand frustration Nessie, but we are not exactly dead in the water yet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Mile High Packer Backer

Mile High Packer Backer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    The sky is not falling. The Packers played very sloppy football that was well below their ability while Seattle picked up where they left off. Losing by 20 on the road in that hostile environment isn't too bad when all things are considered. A few personnel tweaks, better preparation and execution, and they should roll.

21. Bignutz

Bignutz I'm a victim of coicumstances!

Ratings:
    +50
    I'd say that anybody ready to throw in the towel after 1 game is delusional.

22. Dagger85

Dagger85 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +207
    I don't think anyone should be mentioning ANY team as a favorite for the Super Bowl right now. Not only is it week 1...but only 1 game has been played.

23. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,592
    Anybody thinking this Packers team will have a chance to beat the Seahawks during any point during this season is delusional IMO.

There's a slim chance Pennel, Lattimore and Barrington could make a difference, but if they line up the same way as on Thursday Seattle will beat us every single time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. packerfan4ever

packerfan4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +53
    This game was very upsettting because we lost our confidence in the 2nd half. The first half I felt we were equal to them I dont know what changed in the 2nd half that we fell apart mistakes and big ones that is why we lost.The touch back is when things went south.

25. PackCrazed4

PackCrazed4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +187
    Agreed, the golden rule of football seems to always be "overcome adversity" and yet the entire team seemed to succumb to the shame of their mistakes. Pick your head up and get back in the game.