Collins and Woodson going to the Pro Bowl

wischeez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Represented by two members of the secondary, the Green Bay Packers learned Tuesday that safety Nick Collins and cornerback Charles Woodson were named Pro Bowl selections by the National Football League. Both will be starters for the NFC squad.

Wide receiver Greg Jennings was named a first alternate.

For Collins, this marks his first career Pro Bowl selection. The fourth-year pro is tied for the lead in the NFC with five interceptions and ranks first among all NFL players with three interception returns for scores and 230 interception return yards. Collins ranks second on the team with 93 tackles and third in passes defensed with 11.

Woodson earns his fifth career Pro Bowl selection and first with Green Bay. He also is tied for the NFC lead with five interceptions, two of which he has returned for touchdowns. This season, he has established a career high with three sacks and ranks fourth on the team in tackles (72) and leads the club with 17 passes defensed. The 11th-year pro is making his first trip to the Pro Bowl since 2001.

The Packers last had two members of the secondary earn Pro Bowl honors in 1974, when cornerbacks Willie Buchanon and Ken Ellis were selected.

Other alternates include cornerback Al Harris and defensive end Aaron Kampman.

DonnieCash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it has to do with the season.

Look at the Panthers right now.

and look at us.

gman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that's great. The probowl doesn't count for anything but your reputation and what you do after the regular or post season

packer98

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess in the stats for Pro Bowl selection they did not have a stat for getting burned more then enough times in the secondary for big plays?? Good for them, but pathetic overall on a pathetic defense.

spartacheese520

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congrats to our two studs on defense! Yeah Jennings was definitely a pro bowl snub. Then again, it's just the pro bowl (the most insignificant all-star game in all of sports). I'd want him in there if the game actually meant something.

Latest posts