Colledge to Arizona

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I've heard rumors of him leaving but so far I haven't seen any link confirming. If anyone can post a link with source, I'd appreciate it

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm ready to move on from him and give Lang the chance. Colledge isn't much of a loss at all. Save the money and use it elsewhere.

OP
OP
A12ROD903

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Daryn Colledge (DarynColledge73) on Twitter

I'm ready to move on from him and give Lang the chance. Colledge isn't much of a loss at all. Save the money and use it elsewhere.

Its all about the chemistry. They gelled last season obviously enough to win the super bowl. The only exception is an upgrade at G... which I dont think Lang is. I cringed when Lang played last season.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Daryn Colledge (DarynColledge73) on Twitter

Its all about the chemistry. They gelled last season obviously enough to win the super bowl. The only exception is an upgrade at G... which I dont think Lang is. I cringed when Lang played last season.

I cringed when Colledge played too. I wouldn't want to invest long-term or even medium-term money towards him. The pups ain't gonna get better unless they start playing. He's 29 anyway and probably won't get much better.

I'm guessing Tauscher and Colledge are both gone, Tauscher especially.

OP
OP
A12ROD903

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I cringed when Colledge played too. I wouldn't want to invest long-term or even medium-term money towards him. The pups ain't gonna get better unless they start playing. He's 29 anyway and probably won't get much better.

I'm guessing Tauscher and Colledge are both gone, Tauscher especially.

True about Colledge. I read that Tauscher has already announced his retirement.

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Meh. I'm not worried about it. There are so many options out there in FA right now if Ted feels frisky. Either way I bet they get it sorted out fine.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
It's always sad to see stand-up players go. Truth is that Colledge was a bit of a weak spot on the line. Even if the next guy (Newhouse or McDonald) is equal he has higher upside. Daryn just wasn't going to get any better.
And people are saying there is a possibility Bulaga might start there which would give us one of the best lines in football (at least from a paper standpoint)

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
While Colledge was definitely the weak link on the line, the chemistry on the O-line will take a hit. I wouldn't feel comfortable starting one of Lang, Newhouse or some other young player. I think we'd have to sign a veteran FA to start at LG.

A. Rodgers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nicks is a RG. Nowadays, not everyone is a G, or a T, or an Olinemen. Some are strict a RG. Not saying is the case, but could be.
yeah that's true. It's possible that he could flip sides though, any idea how he's done at LG? (if he ever has done it)

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
While Colledge was definitely the weak link on the line, the chemistry on the O-line will take a hit. I wouldn't feel comfortable starting one of Lang, Newhouse or some other young player. I think we'd have to sign a veteran FA to start at LG.
Let me get this straight. So the chemistry will take a hit from bringing in new players from the Packers players, you'd advocate signing a FA?
Doesn't that just a little bit fly in the face of what you're against?
OR did you just not feel comfortable with Lang, Newhouse, McDonald, Bulaga at LG?
BTW, the receiving corps will probably take a hit with the loss of James Jones, the linebacking corps has already taken a hit with the departure of Nick Barnett. The DL will take a hit with the departure of Jenkins and the safeties will take a hit with Atari gone. It's part of the game.
Not that it mattered, the Packers were the second most injured Super Bowl champion in history AND were the 2nd 6th seed to win it all. Pretty much..... they can overcome anything.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he was worth keeping he would still be here. Seemed like a good dude and was serviceable the last few years but did he ever **** me off with all the penalties a few years ago.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Life's gotta move on, good luck to him. I highly doubt a quality FA will be brought in, we're not that low from the cap even after Barnett leaving and we haven't signed the draft picks yet either. Hope one of the young guys steps up to the plate to accept his opportunity be it rookie or not.

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
Let me get this straight. So the chemistry will take a hit from bringing in new players from the Packers players, you'd advocate signing a FA?
Doesn't that just a little bit fly in the face of what you're against?
OR did you just not feel comfortable with Lang, Newhouse, McDonald, Bulaga at LG?
BTW, the receiving corps will probably take a hit with the loss of James Jones, the linebacking corps has already taken a hit with the departure of Nick Barnett. The DL will take a hit with the departure of Jenkins and the safeties will take a hit with Atari gone. It's part of the game.
Not that it mattered, the Packers were the second most injured Super Bowl champion in history AND were the 2nd 6th seed to win it all. Pretty much..... they can overcome anything.

My #1 option would be to keep Colledge. If we can't, then I'd bring in a FA because I don't feel comfortable with Lang, Newhouse or McDonald at LG. It's not as if there's a ton of chemistry between the starters on the offensive line and their backups is what I was trying to say.

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. First option is to keep Colledge. He may not be flashy, and may have been the week spot on the line, but every line has to have a week spot. Colledge is like an old beater car. May not look good, but it starts every time and gets you where you need to go. People forget that it wasnt that long ago, when Wahle and Rivera were let go and we struggled for two years after.

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure. The younger guys have a larger upside, and after the result of last season, the coaching staff has shown that they can develop young players. I really don't like to see any Packer go, but I don't think it would be a bad move. I wish him luck if he does go, but I also understand the positive side of it.

Members online

Latest posts