1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Colledge to Arizona

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by A12ROD903, Jul 27, 2011.

1. A12ROD903

A12ROD903 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +22
    Looks like Daryn Colledge is being signed by Arizona. Time for TJ Lang to step up?

2. A12ROD903

A12ROD903 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +22
    Vicious rumors! Daryn said its not official yet.

3. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Yeah, I've heard rumors of him leaving but so far I haven't seen any link confirming. If anyone can post a link with source, I'd appreciate it

4. JoshuaRHuffman

JoshuaRHuffman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +60
    I'm ready to move on from him and give Lang the chance. Colledge isn't much of a loss at all. Save the money and use it elsewhere.

5. A12ROD903

A12ROD903 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +22
    Daryn Colledge (DarynColledge73) on Twitter

Its all about the chemistry. They gelled last season obviously enough to win the super bowl. The only exception is an upgrade at G... which I dont think Lang is. I cringed when Lang played last season.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TeamTundra

TeamTundra Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +240
    I agree. I think among TJ Lang, Derrick Sherrod, Marshall Newhouse, etc. it will be an upgrade.

7. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    Trust in Ted

8. A12ROD903

A12ROD903 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +22
    LOL Ive been seeing that saying alot so far during these 2 short days of post lockout action... We can trust in Ted... but we all have our own opinions.

9. JoshuaRHuffman

JoshuaRHuffman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +60
    I cringed when Colledge played too. I wouldn't want to invest long-term or even medium-term money towards him. The pups ain't gonna get better unless they start playing. He's 29 anyway and probably won't get much better.

I'm guessing Tauscher and Colledge are both gone, Tauscher especially.

10. A12ROD903

A12ROD903 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +22
    True about Colledge. I read that Tauscher has already announced his retirement.

11. DergaSmash

DergaSmash Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    Meh. I'm not worried about it. There are so many options out there in FA right now if Ted feels frisky. Either way I bet they get it sorted out fine.

12. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Still not done.

Twitter

13. A. Rodgers

A. Rodgers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    hey, Carl Nicks is a UFA... It's possible we get him haha. Bye Colledge

14. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings:
    +445
    It's always sad to see stand-up players go. Truth is that Colledge was a bit of a weak spot on the line. Even if the next guy (Newhouse or McDonald) is equal he has higher upside. Daryn just wasn't going to get any better.
    And people are saying there is a possibility Bulaga might start there which would give us one of the best lines in football (at least from a paper standpoint)

15. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Nicks is a RG. Nowadays, not everyone is a G, or a T, or an Olinemen. Some are strict a RG. Not saying is the case, but could be.

16. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    I would be surprised if we made a big splash like Nicks

17. Future

Future He did WHAT?

Ratings:
    +87
    While Colledge was definitely the weak link on the line, the chemistry on the O-line will take a hit. I wouldn't feel comfortable starting one of Lang, Newhouse or some other young player. I think we'd have to sign a veteran FA to start at LG.

18. A. Rodgers

A. Rodgers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    yeah that's true. It's possible that he could flip sides though, any idea how he's done at LG? (if he ever has done it)

19. Future

Future He did WHAT?

Ratings:
    +87
    Nicks is a pipe dream. He's also more of a mauler than a pass-protector.

20. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings:
    +445
    Let me get this straight. So the chemistry will take a hit from bringing in new players from the Packers players, you'd advocate signing a FA?
    Doesn't that just a little bit fly in the face of what you're against?
    OR did you just not feel comfortable with Lang, Newhouse, McDonald, Bulaga at LG?
    BTW, the receiving corps will probably take a hit with the loss of James Jones, the linebacking corps has already taken a hit with the departure of Nick Barnett. The DL will take a hit with the departure of Jenkins and the safeties will take a hit with Atari gone. It's part of the game.
    Not that it mattered, the Packers were the second most injured Super Bowl champion in history AND were the 2nd 6th seed to win it all. Pretty much..... they can overcome anything.

21. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,075
    If he was worth keeping he would still be here. Seemed like a good dude and was serviceable the last few years but did he ever piss me off with all the penalties a few years ago.

22. GBPack2010

GBPack2010 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +67
    Life's gotta move on, good luck to him. I highly doubt a quality FA will be brought in, we're not that low from the cap even after Barnett leaving and we haven't signed the draft picks yet either. Hope one of the young guys steps up to the plate to accept his opportunity be it rookie or not.

23. Future

Future He did WHAT?

Ratings:
    +87
    My #1 option would be to keep Colledge. If we can't, then I'd bring in a FA because I don't feel comfortable with Lang, Newhouse or McDonald at LG. It's not as if there's a ton of chemistry between the starters on the offensive line and their backups is what I was trying to say.

24. Helmets

Helmets Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +222
    I agree. First option is to keep Colledge. He may not be flashy, and may have been the week spot on the line, but every line has to have a week spot. Colledge is like an old beater car. May not look good, but it starts every time and gets you where you need to go. People forget that it wasnt that long ago, when Wahle and Rivera were let go and we struggled for two years after.

25. DergaSmash

DergaSmash Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    I'm not sure. The younger guys have a larger upside, and after the result of last season, the coaching staff has shown that they can develop young players. I really don't like to see any Packer go, but I don't think it would be a bad move. I wish him luck if he does go, but I also understand the positive side of it.