Coaches still in Bush's corner

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was in great position. All one would need to do is download your highlights and watch it again to see that. :D

I'm not sure how any intelligent football observer could not watch that play and say, "Wow, hell of a grab."

here we go,

i feel bush was flat out beaten, by a more physical, athletic WR. bush had no chance of stopping that play , and was singled out.

you feel differently, so therefore, i am an un-intelligent football observer right?

typical on this forum, if someone disagrees, call them names, and when they respond, ban them!
WTF, ban this guy.

Aytumious

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aytumious said:
He was in great position. All one would need to do is download your highlights and watch it again to see that. :D

I'm not sure how any intelligent football observer could not watch that play and say, "Wow, hell of a grab."

here we go,

i feel bush was flat out beaten, by a more physical, athletic WR. bush had no chance of stopping that play , and was singled out.

you feel differently, so therefore, i am an un-intelligent football observer right?

typical on this forum, if someone disagrees, call them names, and when they respond, ban them!
WTF, ban this guy.

You really are always looking for a fight on here aren't you. I don't think you are unintelligent football observer though I stand by my view that I'm not sure how an intelligent football observer could watch that play and not say, "wow, hell of a play."

Maybe I'm saying you should watch the play again. :D

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
Aytumious said:

here we go,

WTF, ban this guy.

You really are always looking for a fight on here aren't you. I don't think you are unintelligent football observer though I stand by my view that I'm not sure how an intelligent football observer could watch that play and not say, "wow, hell of a play."

i watched the play.

Rice is 4 ft off the ground, and bush never even left his feet. bush got owned!

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
I don't see what the big deal is. If DH thinks that Blackmon is the better player and will be starting eventually, then he has every right to think so. Why some of you get offended because someone has a different opinion then you or our coaches blows my mind.

It's a forum! A place to discuss thoughts and opinions. If that's what he thinks, he has every right to think so and he just might be right.

Now, let my bashing begin . .

Aytumious

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see what the big deal is. If DH thinks that Blackmon is the better player and will be starting eventually, then he has every right to think so. Why some of you get offended because someone has a different opinion then you or our coaches blows my mind.

It's a forum! A place to discuss thoughts and opinions. If that's what he thinks, he has every right to think so and he just might be right.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Nobody is going to bash you.

It's not what he says, it's the 'facts' (aka, lies) he uses to back it up. And its not what he says, but how.

there are a lot of people on this forum with opposing opinions.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
To the Gates abusing Bush comments today.. read this from ProFootballWeekly..

When asked how Chargers TE Antonio Gates continues to get wide open despite a sparkling reputation as a pass catcher, one scout suggested, “He just runs too damn well. He can run away from most everyone but cornerbacks, and he’s so strong that he can even catch balls when guys are draped all over him. A beast. Simply a beast.”

Whispers

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Football is not basketball.

Of course Sidney Rice has an advantage because of his size. However, guys like Al Harris have proven that they can cover big, 6'4" 200 - 230 lbs guys. In fact Al Harris is a 6'1" 188 lbs guy and he covers them like none other.

Jarrett Bush is a little bigger, 6'0" 197 lbs, he has all the physical tools but his head might not be where it should all the time. I think Bush is a real talent and might some day when his head and body starts working together consistently, emerge as a very good corner. In a different thread I called for bringing back Patrick Dendy, and I still believe that. What I however didn't call for was cutting Jarrett Bush.

Tramon Williams seems to have very limited talent except for returning kicks, so does Will Blackmon at the moment, but in addition he also seems to be extremely injury prone, so in my view, there is no one to push Jarrett Bush for his job. A competition between Jarrett Bush and Patrick Dendy would make them both better corners. Dendy didn't look very good in camp, that is true, but he never looked very good in training, not even last season, when he after all played pretty decent. I was sorry to see him go because I think there's something to him.

In the long run Jarrett Bush might become the better CB, Bush might become a playmaker and a top cornerback, in Dendy I only see a solid nickel down the road, but today, the competition Dendy brings would only make Bush and this team better.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aytumious said:
dhpackr said:
Aytumious said:

here we go,

WTF, ban this guy.

i watched the play.

Rice is 4 ft off the ground, and bush never even left his feet. bush got owned!

I don't know of many players that have a 4 ft. vertical leap, so when a player does that, running at full speed, meanwhile turning in mid-leap, spotting the airborne ball, and securing it all before coming to the ground, I'd say that's a hell of a play.

Maybe when someone makes a hell of an athletic play, that's getting owned.

If so, we should bench Harris and Chuck as well, cause people have made quite a few athletic plays against them over the span of their careers... :thumbsup:

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bush got schooled, even if he was in the right position. You are payed to make plays and Bush didn't do it. Bush is a weak link and will continue to be exploited. I'm not saying cut him or even bench him but he needs to step it up.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Of course Sidney Rice has an advantage because of his size. However, guys like Al Harris have proven that they can cover big, 6'4" 200 - 230 lbs guys. In fact Al Harris is a 6'1" 188 lbs guy and he covers them like none other.

Jarrett Bush is a little bigger, 6'0" 197 lbs, he has all the physical tools but his head might not be where it should all the time. I think Bush is a real talent and might some day when his head and body starts working together consistently, emerge as a very good corner. In a different thread I called for bringing back Patrick Dendy, and I still believe that. What I however didn't call for was cutting Jarrett Bush.

Tramon Williams seems to have very limited talent except for returning kicks, so does Will Blackmon at the moment but in addition he also seems to be extremely injury prone, so in my view, there is no one to push Jarrett Bush for his job. A competition between Jarrett Bush and Patrick Dendy would make them both better corners. Dendy didn't look very good in camp, that is true, but he never looked very good in training, not even last season when he after all player pretty decent. I was sorry to see him go because I think there's something to him.

In the long run Jarrett Bush might become the better CB, Bush might become a playmaker and a top cornerback, in Dendy I only see a solid nickel down the road, but today the competition Dendy would bring would only make Bush and this team better.

Bro, way to bring it. That post was well-thought, had good logic, and made a lot of football sense. Great point. :D

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Bertram (*edit, sorry Bertram..typo)...

Good post, how about Frank Walker pushing Bush... forget about him? Talented corner that can't get on the field.

Second.. to me, Tramon showed more potential in the future than Dendy.. hence being kept over him. Dendy isn't a bad player, but he has had a couple of years to show more growth than he has.

Third.. in a passing heavy league it is not a good sign when you don't get picked up by another team. Dendy has been floating for a couple of weeks and no bites.. telling? IE.. Carroll and Thomas got mulitple looks from other teams.

Aytumious

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Tramon Williams seems to have very limited talent except for returning kicks, so does Will Blackmon at the moment, but in addition he also seems to be extremely injury prone, so in my view, there is no one to push Jarrett Bush for his job. A competition between Jarrett Bush and Patrick Dendy would make them both better corners. Dendy didn't look very good in camp, that is true, but he never looked very good in training, not even last season, when he after all played pretty decent. I was sorry to see him go because I think there's something to him.

In the long run Jarrett Bush might become the better CB, Bush might become a playmaker and a top cornerback, in Dendy I only see a solid nickel down the road, but today, the competition Dendy brings would only make Bush and this team better.

This is a solid post, but the Dendy talk is way out there. He's so solid no NFL team has decided to even pick him up and we are heading into week 5.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bush got schooled, even if he was in the right position. You are payed to make plays and Bush didn't do it. Bush is a weak link and will continue to be exploited. I'm not saying cut him or even bench him but he needs to step it up.

I agree with that last part. For sure, he needs to improve. He needs to get his level of play much higher, and I think he is one of the keys to this D being truly dominant.

I wouldn't declassify him to "weak link" status at this point. I reserve that marking for the likes of Manuel/Carroll.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, sifting through the griping back and forth, here are my 2c on the topic:

I don't necessarily think Blackmon is "more athletic" than Bush, and I watched Blackmon throughout college. He has a bit more savvy than Bush, but Bush is fast and is doing allright as a nickleback. That TD by Rice would have been caught against any CB in the league, unless they were lucky enough to punch the ball out as it came down. It was a hell of a jump for that route and he snagged it clean. Bush broke up a nice pass deep down the sideline earlier in the game, had some special teams plays, etc.
I disagree that Bush has somehow reached his ceiling after his 4th game as nickleback. What, the learning is done after 4 games? Not even close. Both he and Blackmon should continue to improve and grow wiser, especially working with Harris/Woodson. They both strike me as smart players (Ahmad Carroll they are NOT), and gifted, so it's all up to how hard they work, how healthy they stay, and what opportunities they get.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Frank Walker has not showed much at CB. The fact that Will Blackmon and arguably Tramon Williams is considered respectively #4 and #5, ahead of Frank Walker, speaks volumes.

I believe every time a starter has had to go out of the game with an injury, either Bush, Blackmon or Williams got onto the field.

Tramon Williams looked really good at times during preseason and I can agree that I might have been a little too harsh calling him very limited, but he has his limits.

Patrick Dendy came into the league as an undrafted rookie. Third year players that hasn't shown much except for the abillity to be a stop gap and play some and are undrafted rookies doesn't have much chance. I'm not sure why Dendy hasn't been picked up because he can definately play. Both Bush and Dendy has come a lot further in their development than Williams and Blackmon has, therefore I can't see any corners on the roster today pushing Bush for his job, maybe Williams or Blackmon (if he stays healthy) can do it next year, but not this year, not a chance.

However, we cannot expect to build our secondary with undrafted rookies. Woodson and Harris aren't getting any younger and in my opionion we need to spend two draft picks, or more, in order to acquire rookie CBs in next years draft. We need to replenish that CB corp with new exciting top grade talent.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bertram said:

This is a solid post, but the Dendy talk is way out there. He's so solid no NFL team has decided to even pick him up and we are heading into week 5.

I see Dendy as a solid nickel down the road, that is vital to my argument.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hey...

our Cb situation is so much better than 2006....its great. be it blackmon,walker, bush.....who cares.....they're all better than carroll!

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm glad Thompsan had the you know what to cut him. I was ready to jump head first off my balconey after that Philly game last year.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score

do not compare bush to harris. harris has sterling sharpe strength, which is a huge part of his game jamming player on the line of scrimmage.

you think bush & dendy will emerge as the packs corners. i just do not see it. dendy was cut for a reason. bush played last year as well, this is not his first season. you feel he will get better. i feel he has reached his potential and will be replaced as our nickle by blackmon. will is a great athlete, and of the three, blackmon, bush, dendy, i feel blackmon will beat these guys out and may some day start.
no links, just my opinion, on a forum. gawd forbid!

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bertram said:

do not compare bush to harris. harris has sterling sharpe strength, which is a huge part of his game jamming player on the line of scrimmage.

you think bush & dendy will emerge as the packs corners. i just do not see it. dendy was cut for a reason. bush played last year as well, this is not his first season. you feel he will get better. i feel he has reached his potential and will be replaced as our nickle by blackmon. will is a great athlete, and of the three, blackmon, bush, dendy, i feel blackmon will beat these guys out and may some day start.
no links, just my opinion, on a forum. gawd forbid!

Dude, there was a whole lot more logic to that post than you wanna give bert credit for. Like, five people said immediately that it was a good post!

And please, don't attack one person's comparisons, which is an opinion, then close your post with statements that accuse others of always doing that to you.

Jeeez, stop whining about forum rules/fellow members and talk some effing football.

Members online

Latest posts