Clifton

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Newhouse and Sherrod struggle at LT is there a chance that the Packers would consider bringing back Clifton -if healthy, like they did with Tauscher in 2009?

I don't think we will see Clifton with pads on again, however I thought we had seen the last of Tauscher in 2008...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Tauch was different...He had surgery and he was set to be cleared in Oct of that year

Chad failed his physical

jza80dreams

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nope. if we didnt bring tauscher and ended up signing herb taylor last year, then there's a slim chance we'll re-sign clifton. i have high hopes on Marshall Newhouse, hopefully Derek Sherrod can get healthy

TeamTundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the fact that the Packers didn't draft an OT until the 7th round tells us that they expect Derek Sherrod ready for training camp. A local draft special program mentioned that although he sustained a broken leg, he didn't suffer any significant nerve damage and his leg is healing right on schedule.

I also like the OT pickups of Barclay from West Virgina (UDFA) and Datko from Florida State (7th round).

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clifton was a great Packer, but his time has passed. Newhouse and Sherrod will compete for the starting LT job. This training camp is going to be very good for the future of the Packers.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I don't think he'll be back. Although if he can pass his physical and get back into playing shape you never know.

Clifton was a great player for our team for a long time and he had a great career. Frankly I'm surprised that was able to comeback after that incident with Warren Sapp. Playing tackle in the NFL is a tough and painful job to perform for 12 years and it shows with his recent string of injuries. He'll be missed

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very sad indeed. Clifton was just one of those fixtures on the team. You know that someday they will have to leave. However, when that days comes you are never really ready for it.

Members online

Latest posts