1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Clifton

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Helmets, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Helmets

Helmets Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +222
    If Newhouse and Sherrod struggle at LT is there a chance that the Packers would consider bringing back Clifton -if healthy, like they did with Tauscher in 2009?

I don't think we will see Clifton with pads on again, however I thought we had seen the last of Tauscher in 2008...

2. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,483
    Tauch was different...He had surgery and he was set to be cleared in Oct of that year

Chad failed his physical

3. jza80dreams

jza80dreams Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    nope. if we didnt bring tauscher and ended up signing herb taylor last year, then there's a slim chance we'll re-sign clifton. i have high hopes on Marshall Newhouse, hopefully Derek Sherrod can get healthy

4. TeamTundra

TeamTundra Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +240
    I think the fact that the Packers didn't draft an OT until the 7th round tells us that they expect Derek Sherrod ready for training camp. A local draft special program mentioned that although he sustained a broken leg, he didn't suffer any significant nerve damage and his leg is healing right on schedule.

I also like the OT pickups of Barclay from West Virgina (UDFA) and Datko from Florida State (7th round).

5. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    They have moved on.

1% chance they bring him back.

6. NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +850
    Clifton was a great Packer, but his time has passed. Newhouse and Sherrod will compete for the starting LT job. This training camp is going to be very good for the future of the Packers.

7. Southpaw

Southpaw Endorphin Junkie

Ratings:
    +422
    I don't think he'll be back. Although if he can pass his physical and get back into playing shape you never know.

Clifton was a great player for our team for a long time and he had a great career. Frankly I'm surprised that was able to comeback after that incident with Warren Sapp. Playing tackle in the NFL is a tough and painful job to perform for 12 years and it shows with his recent string of injuries. He'll be missed

8. Chicocheese

Chicocheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +214
    Very sad indeed. Clifton was just one of those fixtures on the team. You know that someday they will have to leave. However, when that days comes you are never really ready for it.