1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Chris Havel believes.....

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by tabojc03, Mar 8, 2007.

1. tabojc03

tabojc03 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Chris Havel says the way to fix the Packers this offseason......Trade down in the first round to flip flop 2nd round picks to pick higher in the 2nd....

Draft Olson TE from Miami in the 1st round
    2nd round Bush HB

sign in FA
    Grant S Jaguars

Trade for Moss

Just seeing how many of you would agree with these moves. I for one agree but the reality of this happening are unrealistic, but hey it gets people talking.

2. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    looks great on paper. key word: paper. won't happen but i think if it did that would be great.

3. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    also, i don't see how we could possibly trade for Moss AND still keep our 1st and 2nd round picks.

4. tabojc03

tabojc03 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Well he really believes the Packers will end up with Moss. But he thinks the Packers are only going to trade a 3rd rd pick for him. That or the Packers could trade for him after the draft and give up a 2nd next year...

5. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,480
    where did you hear or see this??

Thought he was taking a break?

6. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +652
    i thought they broke up?

7. chibiabos

chibiabos Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    :jumpflame: Leave Moss out of the equation and it might make sense. Personally not the best scenario though!

8. tabojc03

tabojc03 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Havel still does a show in Green Bay on the radio called the FAN.....

9. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Okay, agreed with part. We could use Moss. We could use Grant. But after seeing Lynch play at UC Berkeley (I live nearby), I think Lynch would be a good fit with our offensive scheme. Lynch is a heck of a receiver.

10. Since69

Since69 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Trade down in the first (5 or 6 spots & pick up a third) and draft S Michael Griffin.
    Draft TE Zach Miller in the second.
    Draft the best RB left with the highest pick in the third, and give the other 3rd rounder (and a player) to Oakland for Moss.

BPA all the way on day 2 (so long as QB John Beck is in there somewhere..)

11. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think you have to wait and see what happens in the Draft before you move down. Havel thinks the zone blocking scheme will create a 1000 yard back for any back in the league. If ran properly it has proven to do so. However it does not create playmakers and I believe Marshawn Lynch is a playmaker.

I see a few sciernos that I personally would like to see.

1. Draft Marshawn Lynch with the 16th pick in the Draft.
    2. Trade a 2nd round pick and a 2008 2nd Day Pick for Randy Moss. (I think the Raiders would eventually make this deal)
    3. Select a TE with the 3rd round pick.

1. Lynch is gone by 16. Select Robert Meachem, WR, Tennessee with the 16th pick in the Draft.
    2. Draft a RB in round 2. Brian Leonard, Michael Bush, and Tony Hunt are probably the 3 best after Lynch and Peterson.
    3. Select a TE in round 3.

No Moss in #2,

I believe Safety needs to be addressed in free agency unless you move up for Laron Landry in the Draft. I think you have to go offense heavy in this Draft.

Just my thoughts.