1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Childress

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by TOPackerFan, Sep 30, 2007.

1. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone else remember when he "shunned" us in favour of the Queens and all the hand-wringing that went on here? Anyone still wish he had come to Green Bay? How he took Peterson out of that game at any point in the second half is totally beyond me.

2. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You'd think someone else on the coaching staff would be able to talk some sense into him, at least persuade him to get the ball to AP more...

but no. This guy and his staff are incompotent to the nth degree.

3. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It was a stroke pf luck that he never even got to GB for his interview.

He was supposed to be an offensive guru and there offense looks like it is in a state of confusion.

4. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He was supposed to be, but he was awful in Madison on Barry's staff. I think every Badgers fan hated the guy when he was OC at UW.

5. packedhouse01

packedhouse01 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    He is the Ray Lewis of offenive coordinators. He never got to do anything in Philadelphia. I'm just glad he's there and not here.

6. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think that Chilly does a good job of utilizing the talent that he has, as long as their skills fit into his schemes. (See: Minny Defense) But he's just awful when it comes to adjusting his schemes to the skill sets of his players. (See: Minnesota offense)

7. Cory

Cory Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think the commentators made a classic quote about the difference between MM and BC. MM will fit his system AROUND the talent he has on hand. BC will try to force his system no matter the personel.

8. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    im happy with McCarthy

9. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    AP looks like the real deal to me. I think he could go to the Pro Bowl THIS YEAR if Childress actually gives him the ball.

10. Cory

Cory Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    AP will be their RB for years to come.

11. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

He'll probably outlast Childress, in spite of his injury potential, lol

12. Cory

Cory Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Heck Kelly Holcomb may outlast Childress.

13. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree AP looked good. Childress didn't seem to understand that when AP got the ball, he got big yards. I'm not complaining that AP didn't play more, but what coach keeps his best player on the sideline for that long?

14. millertime

millertime Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    they need to get ap involved. i can't believe he returning kicks for them. wasn't that what williamson was drafted for?

15. Cory

Cory Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It's not so much him returning kicks as he did a good job of that, but the fact that they simply at times don't have him out there because "he cant block" is ridiculous. Use him and Taylor in the same backfield. Think outside the box just a little.

16. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Actually, I don't remember much hand-wringing on this forum when Childress took the Vikings job. All the posters who were familiar with Wisconsin football seemed to hate the guy. And he's been nothing special in Minnesota so far, although I think their main problem is lack of talent on offense.

17. mi_keys

mi_keys Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    There were a whole lot of people not on this board though that were pissed off that we didn't get him... fortunately he might be the worst coach in the NFL.

18. yourout

yourout Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I didn't like him when he was with the Badgers and I am ecstatic he is not coaching the Pack.

19. scharles

scharles Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I feel bad for Adrian. He's insanely good, but he's going to end up running himself into the ground playing on that team, behind that highly overpaid line. He just punishes people on every run, and it pains me to watch it, because there is no way he's going to be able to hold up for a lengthy career.

Boy am I glad Childress isn't our coach.

20. Timmons

Timmons Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    How about the incomplete pass play that he tried to challenge? Challenging a play that you can't challenge? How long has be been at this job?

I watched the MN plan pregame show and most of their material was about Brett Favre. I thought that was great. Childress is a well educated man and he presents well, but I don't think he can coach at this level.

Go ahead, throw the red flag again...

21. vikesrule

vikesrule Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Right now, I blame everything on Childress.

Global warming, high gas prices, the housing market slump.....ARGHHH!

22. warhawk

warhawk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    Have that many people moved out already?