Chicago Packer fan needs some love

ratpacker74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greetings all, Long time lurker, first time poster. I have been visiting this site for the last year, and the first thing I can say is you all are very classy. Much better than the "SportsBubbler.com" crew.

So I was born and bred in GB, but now live in Chicago, and I am getting my fair share of "nonsense" from not only the local fans but Chicago radio as well. I love my Packers, and I know... I KNOW... that they are the better team. But I can't get over the little voice in my head that says "don't get to cocky". They can still experience the MM effect of conservative / ill timed play calling, Fumblitis, and shooting themselves in the foot with penalties. The fact that the bears "D" is better then Atlanta's, etc, etc....

I know I have seen a lot of positive comments on this board about my PACK, any maybe it is the constant barrage of Chicago Nut-jobs, but we as packer-nation need this win!!! After everything we have been through not only this season with injuries but with the Favra nonesense... They deserve this. Everyone is saying that the Falcons were paper tigers, but living in Chicago for the last 15 years.... The bears are paper tigers as well. We just can't get sloppy....

That said... CM3 will GO OFF on Sunday, and A-Rod will have a decent day, and please, PLEASE don't kick to #23. We should win this on Sunday easy by all accounts, I just need some positive Packer support to help ease my mind. I am nervous as all hell...

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
You'd be weird if you weren't nervous as hell. After the Epic Fails we have had in Championship games under #4 it's normal.

We got a new QB running the show who is much less mistake prone than the Gunslinger. Chicago is the team with a gunslinger now, let them worry about red zone interceptions. We have a new and improved defense with playmakers. We got a great chance of winning on Sunday.

Nothing is guaranteed in life, the team has their opportunity and it's up to them to make or break it. Nothing we can do but watch and root em on. I'd rather be nervous as hell before a game like this, then never have the team in this position in the first place.

btw. Welcome to the Forum.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome!

I think you are right. CM3 had 1 then 2 sacks. If this pattern holds, and I see no reason it won't, he should sack Cutler 3 times (or his replacement if Cutler doesn't survive the first 2)

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Walden is probably hoping to have another big day as well. What was it last time, 16 tackles! Couple of sacks on Cutler. Dude must hate animals from the Ursidae family.

OP
OP
R

ratpacker74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the Welcome Murgen (BTW love your pic of CM3, reminds me of the Predator). I love that we are still in this, given that next year is a crap shoot. I agree, they have the gunslinger now, and we have one of the top 3 QB's in the game now, it all comes down to play calling and how our horses play. We have a GREAT team, the best since '96 I think. Our D with Woodson, T. Williams, and the D-line is incredible!! I need to just rid myself of my past history self doubt and enjoy the game. IF the Packers lose it will be a lot to take... GO PACK!!!!

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I know your pain, I too live in chicago, well, chicagoland area (45 min. west). Its pretty bad day in and day out having to listen to bears fans and media talking about this game in an understandably biased way. Its not bad from the fans cause you expect them to get ridiculous, and they should root for their team- but its hard to hear the media, especially when they're making fun of the packers, and the state of Wisconsin in itself. It ****** me off especially considering both my parents are from Northern Wisconsin, and all my family is from there. It will all be worth it though come sunday night/monday.

UWPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I lived in Chicago for about 5 years, however that was when the Bears had losing seasons. Was kind of nice, because the fair weather fan-ness, no one wanted to talk about the Bears. Most of the time they wanted the Halas family to sell the team because they continued to do bad. Went to the bars ever Sunday to watch the Pack, with 50 other Packer fans, never a Bear fan to be seen.

The only year it was a pain was the 13-3 season, 2001. That next season everyone became a Bears fan. All dressed in the freshly purchased clothing. Was kind of a joke how low the bandwagon was hanging under the weight of the latest "fans." The next year everyone jumped off when they had the 4-12 record.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
Vince Lombardi, Ray Nitschke, Bart Starr, Paul Hornung, Jerry Kramer (and on and on) sure stopped people from laughing at Wisconsin.

I believe this team can do the same.

Finlander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow ratpacker74...living behind enemy lines must be tough! I know the real Bears fans can get pretty "passionate" so keep the grins and smiles in stealth mode while the Pack is bringin' it! (Especially if you are in public)

I am getting kind of tired of clinging to #4's Superbowl win. Time for another one!

Oh yeah...I agree with your advice to NOT kick to #23. That is a pucker-factor 10 in my book.

gbpackersgal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I too live in Chicagoland area and am a life-long Packer fan. I ENVY all of you who live in Wisconsin!

It is tough out here! And like UWPackers said, it is WAY WORSE NOW! It really wears you down having to be surrounded by all these Cutler-fanatics and hillbilly Bears fans! It's all these people who never gave a hoot-n-holler about football until "OMG THE BEARS ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS!" so let's act like we are loyal Bears fans!

True fans take the good with the bad! And us as Packers fans sure have gone through some bad....

BUT THIS IS THE PACKERS YEAR!!!!!

I remember telling my boyfriend back in September "This is the year... This is the Packers year!"
Him, a bears fan, laughing says "Ya, sure, whatever!"

LET'S SEE WHO IS LAUGHING ON SUNDAY!!!! (hopefully not him....lol) I am confident, but let's face it, even though we are a better team, anything can happen when you put these two teams together.

GOOOOOO PACK GOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I grew up as a chicagoland resident, about 45 minutes west as well. I don't remember it being nearly as bad as it seems now. At least I am in southeastern ohio and far removed from the over the top bears meatballs. The funny thing is that building up to the season and for the first half of the season they all hated their beloved bears and wanted lovie fired and played up the whole Lovie's horshoe thing and our line sucks....etc. Then the Eagles game happened and the switch was turned and now its full on meatball mode. I feel bad for my family that still live amongst these savages.

css9450

Cheesehead
Reaction score
... and far removed from the over the top bears meatballs.

Meatballs is a good term to describe them! I love it!

Nice to see the Bears aren't going to get a cheap win against yet another 3rd string QB this weekend. The Pack can be the team that finally yanks the lucky horseshoe from the Bears', uh, posterior and replaces it with a boot.

PackerLady

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have moved from Wisconsin to the dirty south basically, I hear my share of trash talk from media and fans.

Krymestone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I grew up as a chicagoland resident, about 45 minutes west as well. I don't remember it being nearly as bad as it seems now. At least I am in southeastern ohio and far removed from the over the top bears meatballs. The funny thing is that building up to the season and for the first half of the season they all hated their beloved bears and wanted lovie fired and played up the whole Lovie's horshoe thing and our line sucks....etc. Then the Eagles game happened and the switch was turned and now its full on meatball mode. I feel bad for my family that still live amongst these savages.

hm, i live about the same distance...glen ellyn or thereabouts?

don't underestimate lovie's horseshoe. look how lucky that team's been this year.

and their fans don't spare anyone when it comes to being jerks.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hm, i live about the same distance...glen ellyn or thereabouts?

don't underestimate lovie's horseshoe. look how lucky that team's been this year.

and their fans don't spare anyone when it comes to being jerks.
Further....I am from the land of the great Don Beebe. Wheaton/Warrenville is close enough I suppose.:D

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Welcome ratpacker74! love the name!

The other day pack fans by the droves were popping up from Maryland, today its Chicago!

(You folks in Wisconsin...do you see your share of Bear fans?)

OP
OP
R

ratpacker74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for all the warm love everyone... I am still nervous as all get out though...... I want this game to start already!!! SO... much bear meatball news.....Terry McAulay is the ref for Sunday's game, yes, the same tool that flagged us for 18 penalties in the first GB / bears game. And what do the radio hosts in Chicago say? I swear this is a quote... "The luckiest season in Bears season continues, Terry McAulay has been announced as the ref for Sunday's game" SEE!!!!! Even the Chicago sports radio folks admit the Bears have a lucky season!!! They are MOCKING themselves!!!!!

Lets hope that their luck runs out on Sunday. GO PACK!!!

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
Thanks for all the warm love everyone... I am still nervous as all get out though...... I want this game to start already!!! SO... much bear meatball news.....Terry McAulay is the ref for Sunday's game, yes, the same tool that flagged us for 18 penalties in the first GB / bears game. And what do the radio hosts in Chicago say? I swear this is a quote... "The luckiest season in Bears season continues, Terry McAulay has been announced as the ref for Sunday's game" SEE!!!!! Even the Chicago sports radio folks admit the Bears have a lucky season!!! They are MOCKING themselves!!!!!

Lets hope that their luck runs out on Sunday. GO PACK!!!

Wow. They actually said that? Ugh.

gbpackersgal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yesterday on Fox Chicago news, the reporter says "I love a good underdog story. I really hope we win." HE WAS TALKING ABOUT THE BEARS!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts